Obsession With Playing Electric Guitar Over Non Electric Guitar Songs
snackajacks
Dec 22 2012, 12:08 AM
GMC:er
so was driving in my car and heard the song "don't cry for me argentina" on the radio and I thought
wow this is one hell of a song to mimic with an electric guitar, and so I sat down and tried to transcribe it.
(When my new webcam is here, I will record ). Here is the song :

I feel that it sounds so great on a guitar. Do you guys have a special song that is perfect for covering the voice with
an electric guitar ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by snackajacks: Dec 22 2012, 12:08 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 28 2012, 09:35 AM
Instructor
Yeah biggrin.gif All of them! I find this as a perfect way to work on your articulation skills as the human voice is naturally endowed with a tremendous power of expression! Why not start with 'Don't cry for me Argentina' and make a great guitar cover? biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 28 2012, 11:01 AM
Instructor
I've never really done this with a vocal melody. I've sometimes played melodies that were played by stringed instruments or other (like the theme from Braveheart) but that was just unplanned, when I was noodling around smile.gif

I think it's a good idea !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2012, 03:02 PM
Instructor
Yeah, all songs are cool to be played only on guitar, melody and chords at the same time. This works on acoustic but also on electric guitar. Great song choice by the way! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 28 2012, 09:58 PM
Instructor
I used to try and play 'Strangers in the night' with as much bends as possible and as little movement from one fret to the other biggrin.gif Try it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:19 AM