2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hello....new Member Here!, Greetings from an amp junkie, writer, performer, etc....
klasaine
post Jan 6 2013, 12:02 AM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.304

Hi Matt.

I'm new here too.
You gotta lot of nice gear. And you build a lot of nice stuff too!

It's funny, I have a ton of tube amps and analog pedals but for most of the TV, vid game and movie session work I do I actually use an old (vintage laugh.gif) POD 2.0. I've learned which 5 amp models really end up sounding good coming out of a TV speaker system of laptop speakers. I'll also gladly play through any of the studios/engineers software. I like amplitube (I've used it for years so I'm familiar w/it). I've also found that the better the converters and word clock the better the models sound. Also just being able to plug into a good DI/Pre helps things immensely (that's a pre req for old school tape recording too).

Here's a bunch of 'gear shots' (yes, I consider pizza gear)...

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jan 6 2013, 12:04 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
post Jan 6 2013, 12:52 AM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 6.085

Hi and Welcome to the site man !If you meant to impress us with your equipment - you did it biggrin.gif ! Dream room of every musician wink.gif

This post has been edited by Sinisa Cekic: Jan 6 2013, 12:54 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mattfig
post Jan 6 2013, 02:06 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 17.302

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 5 2013, 11:02 PM) *
Hi Matt.

I'm new here too.
You gotta lot of nice gear. And you build a lot of nice stuff too!

It's funny, I have a ton of tube amps and analog pedals but for most of the TV, vid game and movie session work I do I actually use an old (vintage laugh.gif) POD 2.0. I've learned which 5 amp models really end up sounding good coming out of a TV speaker system of laptop speakers. I'll also gladly play through any of the studios/engineers software. I like amplitube (I've used it for years so I'm familiar w/it). I've also found that the better the converters and word clock the better the models sound. Also just being able to plug into a good DI/Pre helps things immensely (that's a pre req for old school tape recording too).

Here's a bunch of 'gear shots' (yes, I consider pizza gear)...

Firstly, wow...Nice setup and clips...I love your selection of instruments and amps...And yes, pizza is one of the more important pieces of gear one needs...

I hear a lot of great things about GR5 software for recording...But it sounds like you have the tools to nail your niche market already! The CD I posted is actually almost all PODxt...That was before I was swept away by MTS...

Anyway, awesome setup and I'm sure we'll have much to discuss... smile.gif

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 5 2013, 11:52 PM) *
Hi and Welcome to the site man !If you meant to impress us with your equipment - you did it biggrin.gif ! Dream room of every musician wink.gif

Thanks. It is my dream room too! Although I spend a lot more time on working on amps than I used to...

What kind of gear do you use?

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
post Jan 6 2013, 03:51 PM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 6.085

QUOTE (Mattfig @ Jan 6 2013, 02:06 PM) *
Thanks. It is my dream room too! Although I spend a lot more time on working on amps than I used to...

What kind of gear do you use?

Well, let's say that my use of the equipment is weird a bit . I have a lot of guitars, you can see them in my lessons, and given that I'm sometimes really lazy, I use software amplifiers for recording. Same with guitars - one that is closest to me will be used for the next record !!! cool.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Jan 6 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (Mattfig @ Jan 6 2013, 01:06 PM) *
yes, pizza is one of the more important pieces of gear one needs...

I'm thinking about one of these ... http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issu...ack_Review.aspx
A lot of guys out here are using them and though it doesn't make pizza I like the human interface of physical knobs and switches.

@Sinisa - you have A LOT of nice guitars!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mattfig
post Jan 6 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 6 2013, 05:33 PM) *
I'm thinking about one of these ... http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issu...ack_Review.aspx
A lot of guys out here are using them and though it doesn't make pizza I like the human interface of physical knobs and switches.

@Sinisa - you have A LOT of nice guitars!

I look forward to checking out Sinisa's guit-fiddles!

As for the 11Rack...I have a friend who uses one and knows his gear very well. If you need anything I'm sure he would be willing to help...

I also like the human interface and handling something more than a mouse or touch screen to manipulate...

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Jan 7 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (Mattfig @ Jan 6 2013, 09:41 PM) *
As for the 11Rack...I have a friend who uses one and knows his gear very well. If you need anything I'm sure he would be willing to help...

Thank you sir. If/when I pick one up I mos def ask for some help.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 7 2013, 08:00 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Any links to stuff used on the networks and such? Thanks for the cd link! CDBaby is a great way to self publish!!

Todd

QUOTE (Mattfig @ Jan 5 2013, 10:42 AM) *
Hi Todd,

My regular site is going through a rebuild but you can hear every song from my last disc here...

http://www.cdbaby.com/mattfig2

Thanks much and there will be a bunch more very soon...

All the best,
Mattfig

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Jan 8 2013, 03:25 AM
Post #29

Totally dig the 'title' track. Cheap Trick meets Fountains of Wayne. Bravo!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mattfig
post Jan 9 2013, 12:09 PM
Post #30

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 7 2013, 07:00 PM) *
Any links to stuff used on the networks and such? Thanks for the cd link! CDBaby is a great way to self publish!!

Todd

HI,

I agree that CDBaby is an excellent source for self publishing...

Several songs have been used from that very CD...I sometimes tweak them to meet specifics if requested...My songs have not appeared as theme songs or anything that would be instantly recognizable but they show up in the background with on and off regularity...

My most recent job was writing a piece used on CBS Radio and Fox TV (mainly in Detroit) for the Kwame Kilpatrick (former mayor of Detroit) trial...It's a silly tune that is used as an intro for a couple regularly appearing segments.

https://soundcloud.com/mattfig/figkwamesong

And if you want to hear a bit of a retrospective of my older music (including a couple covers for tribute discs)...
http://www.mattfig.com/FigSoundCollage.mp3

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 8 2013, 02:25 AM) *
Totally dig the 'title' track. Cheap Trick meets Fountains of Wayne. Bravo!

Thank you. I LOVE both bands!

This post has been edited by Mattfig: Jan 9 2013, 12:11 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2017 - 07:45 AM