> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaikarinha's Rhythm Headquarters
Cosmin Lupu
post Dec 30 2012, 01:56 PM
Post #1

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

Hello there Fabian!

This here, is your personal thread in which we can discuss about your personal development wink.gif

I would be very interested to see some of your playing, so the question is - do you have any recordings you could post here? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaikarinha
post Dec 30 2012, 07:36 PM
Post #2

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 16.593

Hey Cosmin!

I did a record this evening. I tried to show you a wide bandwith of my playing (un)abilities - uncensored without any makeup! I also included some stuff I'm not good (enough) at playing it.

This post has been edited by kaikarinha: Dec 30 2012, 07:38 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Dec 31 2012, 10:32 AM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey bro, good morning there smile.gif

It looks like you are indeed a rhythm oriented player which is not a bad thing at all! In my opinion, a good rhythm player has the basis to become a great lead player, simply because without rhythm you can't play lead smile.gif

My suggestion would be to hone your rhythm chops to a high level, while also tackling lead so that you may understand how rhythm will help you become a better lead player - in here I would ask which your favorite techniques are. I would go for legato, alternate picking and articulation elements (bending, vibrato and the likes) - these are the essential techniques that a lead player should have in his quiver smile.gif

What say you mate?

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaikarinha
post Dec 31 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #4

Good morning, Cosmin!

Yes I am :-D. I agree with your suggestion. I would also like to du some ecxercises on arpeggios.

So let's get ready to ruuuuumble :-).

Fabian

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Dec 31 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Alrightie mate!

Arpeggios smile.gif Well, I got just the thing for you -> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/ alternate picking and arpeggios in one take wink.gif

Shall we start with this one? Also, regarding rhythm - which style would you like to focus on?

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaikarinha
post Dec 31 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #6

Hey Dude!

I think we can try this - allthough the chord shapes will be the greater challenge for me ;-). On the rythm stuff I would like to focus on some classic rock/hard rock/blues stuff for the moment.

Cheers!

Fabian

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 1 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (kaikarinha @ Dec 31 2012, 11:56 AM) *
Hey Dude!

I think we can try this - allthough the chord shapes will be the greater challenge for me ;-). On the rythm stuff I would like to focus on some classic rock/hard rock/blues stuff for the moment.

Cheers!

Fabian

Happy new year mate! See? Already 2 challenges in one lesson biggrin.gif That's a good thing!

Here are 2 lessons based on rhythm playing and oriented towards the genres you stated - what do you say, shall we make a deal in which you record yourself after you have learned them? How much time do you think you would need? smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hard-Rock-Riffing/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...d-rock-rhythm3/

They are a bit challenging I think, but it's for the best, as I am planning to push you a bit biggrin.gif

What say you mate?

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaikarinha
post Jan 1 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 1 2013, 07:09 PM) *
Happy new year mate! See? Already 2 challenges in one lesson biggrin.gif That's a good thing!

Here are 2 lessons based on rhythm playing and oriented towards the genres you stated - what do you say, shall we make a deal in which you record yourself after you have learned them? How much time do you think you would need? smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hard-Rock-Riffing/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...d-rock-rhythm3/

They are a bit challenging I think, but it's for the best, as I am planning to push you a bit biggrin.gif

What say you mate?

Cosmin

Happy new year!

This two riffs sounds really cool! Since I have to go to shool in the evening after work three days a week, I would like to choose only one of them. The first one from Sinisa does attract me more so I would like to choose this. I think because of my circumstances with work/school I will need some weeks (about 3) to learn it.

Keep rockin'

Fabian

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 2 2013, 10:43 AM
Post #9

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey Fabian!

Cool mate, it's good like this wink.gif So, please take a good look over them and tell me if there are any questions whatsoever, alright?

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaikarinha
post Nov 13 2013, 12:53 PM
Post #10

Hi Cosmin,

its been a while ( tongue.gif ) I started my journey here. Unfortunately work, shool and my other free-time-activities kept me busy.... but I'm looking forward to give it a new try now. So I suggest I start with the lessons we've discussed in January.

Fabian

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 14 2013, 09:42 AM
Post #11

Instructor
Group Icon

Hello and welcome back Fabian! Sure thing mate - go ahead smile.gif I'm looking forward to see some recordings or your first conclusions after practicing these wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaikarinha
post Nov 14 2013, 12:45 PM
Post #12

Hey!
I just got started yesterday. As I startet the lessons I remembered that there was one huge problem for me: I can't play this fast 32th's. I realized some days before that I need to work on picking speed in general (I'm currently struggling on playing the pentatonic scale in triplets at 95bpm). I think I will switch over to the other Riff/Lesson you mentioned even though it seems to be quite hard for me. But the arpeggio-lesson suits my playing skills, which means that it's a bit challenging but does not seem undoable for me at the moment.
Greetings,
Fabian

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 15 2013, 08:36 AM
Post #13

Instructor
Group Icon

Hello Fabian wink.gif

Let's start slow, ok? Learn the lessons and record against the slowest available backing tracks, so that I may see how you are faring with the structures and how good your rhythm, timing and clean playing are.

Deal?

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2017 - 04:38 PM