> Help Me Guys!
Blackjack94
post Jan 6 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #1

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.286

Hi !

I just bought a line 6 POD HD500 1 week ago, and sounds amazing! and now i have the oportunity to buy a line 6 VALVE HD MKII. But i dont know if they will work good together...Pod hd + spider valve hd mkii. What do you think?

there is another option? You can correct my english too laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jan 6 2013, 09:37 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hi mate, I have a pod HD 500 and it's a very good unit. I've never used the Valve HD MKII but the first question that comes to mind is why you want to get it? I think that both units have amp modellers but the main difference it that Pod has more modellers and fxs while the other one has tubes and it's a power amp. If you connect both you should disable the dsp emulators in the Line 6 amp and use it just as a power amp that should be connected to a cabinet.

There are many options for amplifying a POD so the question is, what are you looking for? Where are you going to use it?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Blackjack94
post Jan 6 2013, 09:51 PM
Post #3

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 17.286

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 6 2013, 08:37 PM) *
Hi mate, I have a pod HD 500 and it's a very good unit. I've never used the Valve HD MKII but the first question that comes to mind is why you want to get it? I think that both units have amp modellers but the main difference it that Pod has more modellers and fxs while the other one has tubes and it's a power amp. If you connect both you should disable the dsp emulators in the Line 6 amp and use it just as a power amp that should be connected to a cabinet.

There are many options for amplifying a POD so the question is, what are you looking for? Where are you going to use it?

Hi gabriel, i like my pod hd very much, i play with headphones and the tone is great but i need a good amp for use it at very high volume in my house like a common amp. I dont have experience with amps. You are right, Modeling pedal + modeling amp maybe is not the best option. What shoud i use? PA Speakers? PC monitors? how do you use it at high volume? Thank you!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jan 6 2013, 10:28 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Blackjack94 @ Jan 6 2013, 05:51 PM) *
Hi gabriel, i like my pod hd very much, i play with headphones and the tone is great but i need a good amp for use it at very high volume in my house like a common amp. I dont have experience with amps. You are right, Modeling pedal + modeling amp maybe is not the best option. What shoud i use? PA Speakers? PC monitors? how do you use it at high volume? Thank you!

Well, I personally connect my pod directly to my PC soundcard and hear it from my monitors. This really works for me for home recording and also for guitar practising. You could also use Pod as a soundcard and connect it to your computer via USB and hear it in your monitors, but this depends on the quality of your monitors/speakers. If you want an amp for home practicing it seems that the best option is to god for one of those Line 6 amp combos since they create them to be compatible with pods. I cannot tell you the difference in sound between all these amps but you can check videos at youtube. If you go for a combo, you don't have to buy a cabinet, and I believe that a combo is enough for playing at home.

http://line6.com/amps/

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
post Jan 9 2013, 01:00 PM
Post #5

GMC:er

Member No.: 12.764

QUOTE (Blackjack94 @ Jan 6 2013, 03:51 PM) *

I went down this very route. I ran it through a few settings. Mesa Triple Rectifier, DAW to home theater, and a powered FRFR Speaker (Full Range Flat Response PA Speaker).

Needless to say I don't own the Mesa anymore, I only use the DAW when I'm recording and sick of the headphone cable getting in my way, and I tend to use the FRFR Speaker for anytime I want to play loud.

As for would it sound good with a POD HD? I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about that. Go test some Powered PAs out and see what sounds the best. I have heard a Kemper and an old POD XT Bean played through one, they both sound really good to me, and works great for what I do.

I'll drop you a PM with a few of my videos and explain them so I don't clutter up this page! laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez RG920QM (Black Ice) , Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez RG470XL (Black Perl) , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Kemper Profiling Amp , Mesa Mark 5:25

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 12 2013, 10:54 AM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

Got no experience with these, but it looks like Gabe and Travis are already providing good advice biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th March 2017 - 03:06 PM