9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
A New Gmc Hit?
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2013, 02:20 PM
Instructor
Hey guys!! Inspired by the cool thread by Cosmin where you are creating a Groove, I had the cool idea of trying something new that I'm sure will end in a great composition! And maybe a youtube video? biggrin.gif

The idea is that each of as records a melody of 4 measures over the following backing track, but we have to be very organized to do this cool and fluently. I recorded the first melody, if you want to be the next GMC:er that adds a melody you must say: "I'm recording my melody right now!", download the files from Soundcloud that has my melody, record your melody and upload the new file.... Please don't take more than 5/10 minutes to record the solo so you just have to say the magic phrase once you really know what you are going to play. (maybe once you have it recorded!).

Is this clear?? You can participate all the times that you want so we could be creating a very big song! biggrin.gif

The backing is in E minor so you can use E minor scale and E Pentatonic minor.

This is the backing and my first melody:

https://soundcloud.com/gabriel_leopardi/connecting-melodies

Who is in? Who is recording a melody right now???

Download the file from here: Attached File  Connecting_Melodies.mp3 ( 17.08MB ) Number of downloads: 132

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jan 8 2013, 02:30 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 8 2013, 02:26 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 8 2013, 01:20 PM) *
Hey guys!! Inspired by the cool thread by Cosmin where you are creating a Groove, I had the cool idea of trying something new that I'm sure will end in a great composition! And maybe a youtube video? biggrin.gif

The idea is that each of as records a melody of 4 measures over the following backing track, but we have to be very organized to do this cool and fluently. I recorded the first melody, if you want to be the next GMC:er that adds a melody you must say: "I'm recording my melody right now!", download the files from Soundcloud that has my melody, record your melody and upload the new file.... Please don't take more than 5/10 minutes to record the solo so you just have to say the magic phrase once you really know what you are going to play. (maybe once you have it recorded!).

Is this clear?? You can participate all the times that you want so we could be creating a very big song! biggrin.gif

I'll give it a go... I'll be sure to use the magic words when ready.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2013, 02:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 8 2013, 10:26 AM) *
I'll give it a go... I'll be sure to use the magic words when ready.

hehehe cool!!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 8 2013, 08:46 PM
Great idea Gab, I'll do something tomorrow for sure!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
LiamMacL45
Jan 8 2013, 09:22 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 8 2013, 01:20 PM) *

Download the file from here: Attached File  Connecting_Melodies.mp3 ( 17.08MB ) Number of downloads: 132

Im up for it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nicolas C
Jan 8 2013, 09:38 PM
Sounds great, I'll try it out. Where do I post my take?

--------------------
Gear: -Fender Amercian Deluxe Tele -Ibanez RG2550Z
-Arturia Keylab 61 -Eleven Rack -Bugera V22 -Laboga The Beast -M-audio Bx5a

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/soft-square

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2013, 09:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nicolas C @ Jan 8 2013, 05:38 PM) *
Sounds great, I'll try it out. Where do I post my take?

You have to download my take, record yours after mine and upload a new mix here. Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Romain31
Jan 8 2013, 11:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Sounds cool indeed!
But do we need to upload the new mix thanks to soundcloud or are there other alternatives?

+Quote Post
elmir050
Jan 8 2013, 11:29 PM
I'm definitely down.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 8 2013, 11:43 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I am recording my melody right now! smile.gif
[attachment=30108:Connecti...Melodies.mp3]

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 9 2013, 12:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 8 2013, 07:43 PM) *
I am recording my melody right now! smile.gif
[attachment=30108:Connecti...Melodies.mp3]

It's exactly what Ak Rich did!!! Well done mate. Who continues the song??? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 9 2013, 01:39 AM
Nice job Rich. I want in too, unfortunately I won't have time tonight. But I will. Great idea, Gab.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 9 2013, 02:14 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Thanks Gabriel and Vonhotch smile.gif This should be alot of fun , kind of like an ongoing conversation in the language of music, great idea!

+Quote Post
Jouve
Jan 9 2013, 07:57 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm recording my melody right now!
Hope that'll work huh.gif
Attached File  Connecting_melodies.mp3 ( 17.18MB ) Number of downloads: 139

This post has been edited by Jouve: Jan 9 2013, 08:42 AM

+Quote Post
oron102
Jan 9 2013, 08:34 AM
Great idea!

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 9 2013, 09:28 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Guys, please use soundcloud... download 17mb for to listen to 4 bars is too much on this slow connection.. sad.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Jouve
Jan 9 2013, 09:34 AM
Learning Roadie
Uh, ok. smile.gif
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/connecting-melodies

This post has been edited by Jouve: Jan 9 2013, 09:34 AM

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 9 2013, 11:53 AM
I will try to smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2013, 12:02 PM
Instructor
biggrin.gif Great to know I inspired you Gabe biggrin.gif I like the idea!

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 9 2013, 12:55 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I am recording....

https://soundcloud.com/nazraham/connecting-melodies

You can download from the soundcloud or on the small arrow icon on the right.

This post has been edited by maharzan: Jan 9 2013, 01:10 PM

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:37 AM