Im Lost, i need help!!!!!!!!!
Aaron
Jun 23 2007, 01:43 AM
GMC:er
it seems that the guitar has just lost its fun .. but i really want to keep on playing but i dont know where to keep going

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
DON'T BUG ME ... I'M PRACTICING

Gear: (new) fender strat , 25g frontman amp,
Wishlist: Ibanez Jem, Flying V natural.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 23 2007, 02:16 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 23 2007, 02:43 AM) *
it seems that the guitar has just lost its fun .. but i really want to keep on playing but i dont know where to keep going

QUE???? On the sad side, maybe it's not for you. BUT, I'd try putting some great piece on, listen to it and enjoy you favourite music.
OR... go to your rehearsal room, lose any earplugs, cranck it up and just rock!!! OMFG I've ruined my pants more than once from a crancked Marshall or some hi-gain hellraising.. from my own sorry playing!!! Dude, my hearing on my left ear is limited from always standing with a darn drummer to the left of me... but as far as I can see (or hear), it's all wort it!!!!
Play loud! Join a band! Skip the headphones and bedroom volumes and get crazy!

Music is not just there to be heard, but also felt. cool.gif

And never forget to obey Yngwie cos he's your God!

EDIT: Or you just need to buy new gear :-)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jun 23 2007, 02:17 AM

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Jun 23 2007, 02:55 AM
yeah new gear always helps lol biggrin.gif

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/cliffordacdc

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 23 2007, 03:27 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 22 2007, 07:16 PM) *
QUE???? On the sad side, maybe it's not for you. BUT, I'd try putting some great piece on, listen to it and enjoy you favourite music.
OR... go to your rehearsal room, lose any earplugs, cranck it up and just rock!!! OMFG I've ruined my pants more than once from a crancked Marshall or some hi-gain hellraising.. from my own sorry playing!!! Dude, my hearing on my left ear is limited from always standing with a darn drummer to the left of me... but as far as I can see (or hear), it's all wort it!!!!
Play loud! Join a band! Skip the headphones and bedroom volumes and get crazy!

Music is not just there to be heard, but also felt. cool.gif
And never forget to obey Yngwie cos he's your God!
EDIT: Or you just need to buy new gear :-)

Lol, seems like you are being obedient to the Malmsteem Regime cool.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif ,

and yea, new gear helps alot, be sure to check new stuff like distortion pedals or something more interesting like wah wah pedals, you name it.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 23 2007, 11:30 PM
QUOTE (ClifordACDC @ Jun 23 2007, 03:55 AM) *
yeah new gear always helps lol biggrin.gif

"Sad but true"

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 23 2007, 11:48 PM
Listen to music, check out new guitarists, watch live DVD's and stuff like that.

I don't really see how getting new gear makes playing more fun ohmy.gif Maybe the first couple of weeks yes, but I personally dont think its neseccary to buy new gear to make guitarplaying more fun.

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jun 23 2007, 11:58 PM
Yeah, dude I know how you feel,
I once lost the Insperation for playing guitar.

I actually didn't play for the whole year of 2003. So you can probably imagine how bad it was, but then I was Flipping around TV one night, and I saw the Crossroads Guitar Festival on.

I watch This Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmRBvX1mQBw

and after that it rekindled the Fire, and I haven't looked back.

Now I'm not saying watching THAT video will help you.

but try with some of your Favorite Guitarists playing Live improvising... SRV was particlerly good at that.

Sometimes you just need to Close your Eyes and Feel the Music... because Practising can get Old quick.
Most of the Best Players in the World try to Put Feeling in their Playing instead of just, insanely fast Licks.

Hope it Helps smile.gif

-Slammer

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 24 2007, 12:18 AM
Its hard to say when you don't know what level the guitarist is at. i know that its so frustrating when you arn't able to play to much and that could make you wanna put your guitar down and just stop. but past that point being able to play your favorite songs really helps smile.gif. Get a group of guys together and jam. Or start a band. The best feeling ever is standing in a venue rocking out to a song you wrote and the whole room loven what your playing ( down to even only 10 people smile.gif ) I know that as soon as i started playing gigs the only thing ive wanted to do since is get a demo out and start touring, and thats really what keeps my practice going smile.gif
Ps: im not touring yet biggrin.gif but the idea of touring in the future.

If you can still play and just don't seem to have the drive, listen to vai, or satriani or Gilbert, or symphony x or petrucci and seeing those guys play ( videos ) inspire me the most smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smikey2006: Jun 24 2007, 12:21 AM

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:05 PM