> Grounding Issue With Pickups?
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 26 2013, 12:04 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

Never in my life have I played on a guitar equipped with P-90 pups - how do they feel?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 27 2013, 06:05 AM
Post #22

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

My fav guitar (1990 Ibby RG560) is out sick with some grounding/electrical issues and I miss it like a dead pet. sad.gif I've not been without that guitar in decades and I didn't realize how connected I'd become it. Ive got other guitars. Several in fact. But none of them are keeping from thinking about my ibby. I didn't think I'd miss it at all. Wrong. Hope it gets out of the shop soon smile.gif

Todd

--------------------

+Quote Post
sammetal92
post Jan 27 2013, 06:22 AM
Post #23

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.500

Well, I do have a grounding issue, but on recommendation from Mr Jones, I checked the ground wire connections to all the knobs and pickups with a multimeter and everything was fine. But I still re-soldered the ground wire to the tremolo claw plate and the hum went away, even on full distortion when I'm sitting right next to my amp, I can hear just a bit of hum. I don't know what fixed it, its an old guitar smile.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
osiris
post Jan 27 2013, 08:55 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 17.487

I just confirmed my problem using my new Focusrite 2i4. My duncan custom has a constant loud hum, produces less output than the stock cort pickup in neck and there's no difference between coil split and no split. Great soldering me! ;-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 27 2013, 02:25 PM
Post #25

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (osiris @ Jan 27 2013, 07:55 AM) *
I just confirmed my problem using my new Focusrite 2i4. My duncan custom has a constant loud hum, produces less output than the stock cort pickup in neck and there's no difference between coil split and no split. Great soldering me! ;-)

Have you got anyone that is a pro at doing this around you? smile.gif Might be they can help out smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
osiris
post Jan 27 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 17.487

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 27 2013, 02:25 PM) *
Have you got anyone that is a pro at doing this around you? smile.gif Might be they can help out smile.gif

I'm pretty good with a soldering iron, I just never did any pickup replacements before. I think I just have to go over the wiring a bit more thoroughly :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 28 2013, 05:08 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

I"ve got 3 guitars ready to go to the shop at point for various issue. I actually had to buy a new guitar in order to have something to play other than my Ibby 7. I think I"ve worn them all out smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (osiris @ Jan 27 2013, 01:48 PM) *
I'm pretty good with a soldering iron, I just never did any pickup replacements before. I think I just have to go over the wiring a bit more thoroughly :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 12:53 AM