> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Krakou's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 20 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #121

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hi Krakou! Great to see you working hard!

I can notice that your blues playing is getting better and better. My blues licks lesson is the one that is giving more trouble, and the reason is surely the tempo which is faster than the other two ones. We are not here to suffer or get bored, so let it rest and let's move to another lesson. After some weeks you can get back and see how working on other licks and lessons help you even with the one that you let rest.

The other two lessons are one the right track. I just note little timing issues here and there but nothing very important. You can give them even more "feeling" based on the use of dynamics and different kinds of vibrato but I can say that both are ready to be shared at REC and receive different points of view on things that can make your playing even more enjoyable on this style.

About timing, be careful with triplets. I notice that this rhythm is the one that gives more problem as well as 16th notes.

On "beyond blues..." lesson, be careful with lick at 00:25 which is not sounding clear.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
krakou
post Apr 21 2015, 08:03 PM
Post #122

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.461

Page 7, hurray !! :-)

Thanks for being so positive with my playing.
It's true that with slow blues I feel sometimes I'm getting somewhere (even if for Ben timing is not ok, but is a shredder, ha ha).
But I still need to have more conviction when I play.
For your old blues licks lessons, I play them regularly for...years now and what can I say.. Without backing tracks, they're sometimes sounding really ok, but once I have to stick to a tempo, I just loose myself and my playing looses all its coolness.
Just like a rock without the roll..

For the coming days/weeks I will work on the guitar loves piano, to your Ratt lesson and to an instrumental rock from Piotr.
Piotr agrees to help me with my tone, as he works with Guitar Rig like me, this is cool.

Have a nice day

JL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 21 2015, 10:05 PM
Post #123

Instructor
Group Icon

That sounds great Krakou! I think that the lessons you're planing to work are great. It's also interesting to know that you'll work on tone guided by Piotr. His guitar tones are always top level so it's a great opportunity, try to get the most of it, not just copying parameters, as how and why. smile.gif

Have you been practicing blues licks lesson over the original take?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
post Apr 22 2015, 07:05 AM
Post #124

Learning Roadie

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 21 2015, 11:05 PM) *
Have you been practicing blues licks lesson over the original take?

For some time of course, but now I know them by heart.
This of course means there's always a risk that you follow your own voice when practicing and not the instructor's one, but is it a problem in a genre like the blues ? Not sure.
Ok, for REC it is not the most clever thing to do to not mimic the original.
Those REC are really complicated in fact, because even for "easier" lessons, it is a completely accomplished guitarist you have to follow.
So maybe it is feasible to move correctly the fingers, but moving them perfectly, arf, it's a long way :-)

Anyway I'm motivated to pratice, more than ever..

Bye

JL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 22 2015, 05:20 PM
Post #125

Instructor
Group Icon

Great to know it mate! Well, we use to suggest to imitate the original lessons at first, when there is a technique that need to be polished, or when we think that the student needs to develop dynamics, groove or any other element. However, that's just the beginning, once you are able to play flawless, it's time to make develop your own voice on the instrument. This is not something that must be done in a specific order, I think that it's even better to do it at the same time. I mean, divide practice between technique aspects and creativity aspects (like creating variations of the lessons, or your own solos over the backing tracks).

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
post Apr 25 2015, 02:01 PM
Post #126

Learning Roadie

Hi there,

So, the Gilmour lesson :-)

I've done lots of bends those last days, here's what I got with this lesson today.
For me, it sounds ok, at least better, but I will never drop again a vid in the REC section without a complete review from you :-)

Have a nice day

JL
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Gilmour3.mp4 ( 9.85MB ) Number of downloads: 53

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 25 2015, 06:01 PM
Post #127

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Krakou! Yeah! Bends are getting better! I can say that most of the bends in this take are on pitch and that shows a bit improvement. The are off course pitches that aren't on pitch (like for example at 00:26, 00:31), while others are there but could be more consistent. I recommend you to keep on practicing bending as you've been doing since I'm starting to see very promising improvements.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
post Apr 26 2015, 08:56 AM
Post #128

Learning Roadie

Cool, ok, I continue my bend journey..

I've had a look to your soundcloud link and beside the your nice compositions, I've seen an entry for the French Guitar Contest which occurs 3 years ago.
The funy thing is, as a french speaking guy, I know the web site and some of the guys who were organising that and although I did not have the level to participate to that kind of contest, I've made an humble try :-)
It was like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtDdaAZoqGg

JL

ps: to give some rest to my fingers after some hours spent bending I play this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Rise-A...-Hardcore-Punk/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 26 2015, 02:44 PM
Post #129

Instructor
Group Icon

Oh! That was a killer backing! I liked the composition that I created, but I didn't find the time to create the video to submit my take for the competition. I have to say that your composition is also really good. It's nice to hear, your phrasing goes great with the backing and has a good structure. I like that fact that you focused mostly on creating memorable melodies on this one. Your tone is also good, well balanced with the perfect amount of effect. There are only a little moments where the solo lacks a clear direction, but it could be worked just detecting and re-working those parts.

Rise against lesson, good choice! smile.gif Do you usually hear this band?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
post Apr 26 2015, 04:27 PM
Post #130

Learning Roadie

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 26 2015, 03:44 PM) *
Oh! That was a killer backing! I liked the composition that I created, but I didn't find the time to create the video to submit my take for the competition. I have to say that your composition is also really good. It's nice to hear, your phrasing goes great with the backing and has a good structure. I like that fact that you focused mostly on creating memorable melodies on this one. Your tone is also good, well balanced with the perfect amount of effect. There are only a little moments where the solo lacks a clear direction, but it could be worked just detecting and re-working those parts.

Rise against lesson, good choice! smile.gif Do you usually hear this band?

I'm pretty sure if you had participate that you would have finished among the best, reason why I was surprised to find that on your cloud and did not remember you participating the contest.
My compo is ok, sometimes I think I'm better in searching for melodic lines than into playing them, even most of the time in fact, but ok, guitar is just a hobby..

The first time I've heard about Rise againts is in your lesson :-)

I will come with something this week, but I try to play it standing up, I cannot play punk rock sitting on my chair :-)
Not at full speed, 100-110 bpm should be possible, 120 bpm downstrokes I have a doubt.

I also look into other rec lessons from other dudes, and I've found 2 valuable lessons for me, one with bends and one with alternate picking (Vinnie Moore).

See you soon !

JL

This post has been edited by krakou: Apr 26 2015, 07:44 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 27 2015, 04:02 PM
Post #131

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi mate, everything sounds great! Thanks for your words about my take, I'm really proud of the composition and it's a pity that I could submit it. I remember that I was very busy with my band and job those days... as nowadays too... biggrin.gif

About practicing standing up, it's a great decision. Mostly if you are planing to play these type of music in a live band situation. You'll have to be able to play tight standing up. Everything can be a bit more tricky since the hands and arms positions are different. But everything can be mastered with practice.

It's also a good idea to incorporate some new lessons to your diary practice. So if you find them motivating, go for them, I'll be waiting for your takes to check your progress.

Cheers!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
post Apr 28 2015, 12:27 PM
Post #132

Learning Roadie

As promised, first record standing up.
Sometimes I miss the camera, it's only 100 bpm, but you got an idea of what I can do now.
Of course, there's still a long road to walk but it's a beginning.

I give you also my first take of the Vinnie Moore alternate lesson.
It's played like the instructor, with inside picking ( https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Vinnie...yle-patterns-1/ ).
I find outside easier, then it's a good exercice.
I will try to get some speed with this one.

Regards

JL
Attached File(s)
Attached File  RageDraft_100.mp4 ( 6.5MB ) Number of downloads: 39
Attached File  vinnie_1.mp3 ( 1009.59K ) Number of downloads: 34

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 28 2015, 09:12 PM
Post #133

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Krakou! Good job with both lessons! I can notice that the only issue that you are having playing the lessons standing up is timing. You should focus on playing the different parts tighter with the backing. Your technique looks good.

The alternate picking (vinnie moore) lesson is also sounding really good. Except for one wrong note close to the end, there is nothing to improve, you just need to continue practicing to be able to play this faster.

Congrats on the good work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
post May 3 2015, 04:00 PM
Post #134

Learning Roadie

Hi there,

First congrats for your Red Fand lesson, it is exactly how it should sound !

For the Rage against lesson, I can play it better at 100 Bpm. At that speed it could be an Editors tune and I like it . 120 Bpm downpick is just not for me now.

I've been practicing a little the vinnie moore alternate lesson, I can play it almost clearly at 140 bpm now.
The lesson is at 120, so I can practice something else I guess.

I continue to polish the other lessons for Rec purpose (Gilmour, Beyond Blues, your 2 blues of course).

I've also learned that rythm lesson from Denes Nagy
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Blues-...to-SRV-Style-1/
His vibrato is just killing me, I'm shaking my neck like a clown to reach a ridiculous vibrato comparing to him.
But I will continue to shake, maybe one day it will get result :-)

Have a nice day !

JL

This post has been edited by krakou: May 3 2015, 04:02 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SRV_Denes_Rythm1.mp3 ( 821.63K ) Number of downloads: 27
Attached File  vinnie_2_140.mp3 ( 868.77K ) Number of downloads: 27

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post May 3 2015, 05:07 PM
Post #135

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Krakou, good job with this lessons!

The SRV lesson is sounding really good. I notice that the original one has even wider vibrato than your take so it would be cool if you continue trying to get it. It's a killer training. Also be careful with timing.

The alternate picking lesson is also sound good. I notice a little issue just in the last pattern that it's not completely clear, so isolate it and work it.

And about Red Fang lesson, thanks mate, I'm glad to know that you liked it. I think that it's a very interesting modern band.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
post May 3 2015, 06:49 PM
Post #136

Learning Roadie

About Red Fang, here's a very interesting documentary I've seen a couple of years ago about a tour in Europe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FPQiN85sQc

I do like them, but I can't stick to that genre endlessly, I always move from blues to rock to techno to metal to french stuff :-)

And regarding vibrato, I think the one of Denes is "insane", I don't know if the guitar tuned in E flat helps, but in the solo lesson, it's also very cool.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Blues-...SRV-Style-Solo/

Bye

JL

ps: I send you a take of the SRV solo, 110 instead of 120 bpm

This post has been edited by krakou: May 3 2015, 07:41 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SRV_Denes_Solo1.mp3 ( 923.26K ) Number of downloads: 34

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post May 4 2015, 04:01 PM
Post #137

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi mate! Thanks for the link to the documentary! I'll check it later.

Your take on the SRV solo is good, you can play the licks at tempo over the backing. Now it's time to give it that aggressive playing that has made Vaughan unique and loved. It's true that a lower tuning makes things easier, but with practice it's possible with standard 440, so keep on the hard work on this one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
post Jul 20 2015, 07:54 PM
Post #138

Learning Roadie

Hi Gabe,

About your Tycho lesson and post-rock, this is the band I like the most:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6IRi_JTS_Y

It is definitely the kind of music in which I'm the most interested these days.

Regarding my guitar playing, I've noticed the REC program has set the passing level to 6.
As I've miserabilly failed a couple of times at 7,3, I guess I should give some tries in the coming weeks, at least to have some lessons behind me.

I think I will maybe also try to compose some post-rock stuff, if I find time for that.

Hope you're doing fine

Take care

JL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jul 21 2015, 05:31 PM
Post #139

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi mate, remember that the grading system has changed on REC. Now 6 is more than the old 7, and with a 6 the lesson passes. However, I don't care too much about grading, it a ways to monitor the progress. Please continue practicing with the suggestions and tips in mind.

About composing a post rock tune, that sounds great!! Feel free to share your ideas here if you want my feedback along the process. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
post Jul 22 2015, 12:19 PM
Post #140

Learning Roadie

Hi there,

Thanks for listening and reviewing my latest Gilmour take :-)

I have a question regarding Ben's comment.
He's completely right when he states I'm very concentrated on what I'm doing, without doing any extra movement.
A little bit like if my hand was glued on the neck.

How would you proceed to improve that ?

Regards

JL

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2017 - 11:41 PM