Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Music Goals For 2013
David.C.Bond
post Feb 1 2013, 03:45 PM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.415

I'm focusing on legato through changes this year, amongst other things!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
post Feb 1 2013, 06:37 PM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.594

QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Feb 1 2013, 07:34 AM) *
I don't really have any set goals for this year, but this thread at least makes me think in that direction. smile.gif

The two things I would like to focus more on is technique practice and lick vocabulary.

More precisely, I want to become a more fluent alternate picker, also my sweep picking still needs lots of improvement. And I need to broaden my views when it comes to improvising and composing, the same ideas keep repeating in my collab solos etc.

I would also like to complete a selection of Bushido tasks (only a year or so too late).

In the next few days I'm going to suggest some lick ideas and unusual approaches, which can be helpful for your second goal (coming up with fresh ideas and licks). Your two goals (technique practice plus more new ideas) are actually a great combination for improving your playing.

QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Feb 1 2013, 02:45 PM) *
I'm focusing on legato through changes this year, amongst other things!

That's an inspiring goal - a tough one with great benefits.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 1 2013, 01:45 PM) *
Mine smile.gif Well...

- finishing and releasing a new Days of Confusion album in the late autumn of this year
- growing my ability to express myself freely through the aid of my instruments - guitar and voice
- learning how to tame technology better laugh.gif
- opening myself up to inspiration coming from life in general - it's the best way to write music smile.gif

#3 is a big goal for me too! smile.gif

And regarding #2 & #4: yes, I think both of these are our ultimate goals as a musician. It is a neverending process and a lot of fun too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Feb 2 2013, 09:25 AM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Jonas Tamas @ Feb 1 2013, 05:37 PM) *
In the next few days I'm going to suggest some lick ideas and unusual approaches, which can be helpful for your second goal (coming up with fresh ideas and licks). Your two goals (technique practice plus more new ideas) are actually a great combination for improving your playing.

That's an inspiring goal - a tough one with great benefits.

#3 is a big goal for me too! smile.gif

And regarding #2 & #4: yes, I think both of these are our ultimate goals as a musician. It is a neverending process and a lot of fun too.

Neverending indeed and fun as well smile.gif Currently trying to diminish the time gap between singing virtually anything and playing it on the guitar in the same time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2017 - 01:45 PM