> I Need A New Audio Card!, budget -99 eur
Slavenko Erazer
post Feb 6 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 15.024

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Feb 6 2013, 12:55 PM) *
Thats the problem I'm having at the moment...When I am using my DAW through ASIO4ALL to practice guitar...I have to open ASIO4all (control+p) to change the setting to Direct sound when I want to listen to a lesson...Then reverse the steps when I want to practice again...It seems pretty awkward...I'd like to be able to play along with lesson hearing my guitar as well as the lesson. All through headphones simultaneously.

I'm sorry, but those are the cons of the cheap soundards...As far as i've read from reviews, that's common with M Audo Fast track 1... but u should somehow be able to automatically order your DAW to not use asio4all when it's running in the background. Reaper should be able to do this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
post Feb 6 2013, 01:22 PM
Post #22

Accomplished Rock Star

Member No.: 11.900

Hey,

you really shouldn't use Asio4All driver if there is a dedicated driver for your m-audio device.
I remember when I used Reaper with my FastTrack Pro, it was possible to select the input from the m-audio driver. If you don't have the software, you can get the latest here:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/downloa...ack-USB-Drivers

As FastTrack-devices are now supported by Avid..

One more thing: you have to select the FastTrack USB as the standard output device in Windows!

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Feb 6 2013, 12:55 PM) *
Thats the problem I'm having at the moment...When I am using my DAW through ASIO4ALL to practice guitar...I have to open ASIO4all (control+p) to change the setting to Direct sound when I want to listen to a lesson...Then reverse the steps when I want to practice again...It seems pretty awkward...I'd like to be able to play along with lesson hearing my guitar as well as the lesson. All through headphones simultaneously.

+Quote Post
Headbanger
post Feb 6 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #23

GMC:er

Member No.: 17.478

QUOTE (mad @ Feb 6 2013, 01:22 PM) *
Hey,

you really shouldn't use Asio4All driver if there is a dedicated driver for your m-audio device.
I remember when I used Reaper with my FastTrack Pro, it was possible to select the input from the m-audio driver. If you don't have the software, you can get the latest here:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/downloa...ack-USB-Drivers

As FastTrack-devices are now supported by Avid..

One more thing: you have to select the FastTrack USB as the standard output device in Windows!

OK Thanks...I haven't got my M Audio fast track yet..so when i get it I'll try.Sensible Jones told me yesterday that he uses ASIO4all on his MKI fast tracks with no problems.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2017 - 01:39 AM