Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Technical Training
jstcrsn
post Feb 13 2013, 04:18 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.733

this is a guitar file you can use to train for alternate picking and to prepare your self to play technical difficulties

this is for more than a beginner , but if you are willing to try - go for it. I will say this , each measure should start with a down stroke and after that be carefull that every pick is perfect alternate( meaning up-dow-up-down)
the reason I believe this will help is that not only are you playing with a metronome( don't forget to turn the metronome on) but you are following note for note
Slow the tempo down so you can play it perfectly and no I can not play it as fast as paul gilbert , but this has really been helping my practice
Attached File(s)
Attached File  technical_training_pro_5.gp5 ( 2.77K ) Number of downloads: 98

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
post Feb 13 2013, 08:50 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.594

Thanks for sharing the TAB! Paul Gilbert's ideas and songs are perfect exercises, because he thinks cleanly, he writes cleanly, and he plays cleanly as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 13 2013, 03:59 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Good exercise for AP! Thanks for sharing. smile.gif You can also check my Intensive Technique Course. There I share my favourite Alternate Picking exercises. wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=42832

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Feb 16 2014, 11:21 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Spiff thanks for sharing!! smile.gif Also if anybody missed it checkout our Alternate Picking Less and Video Chat From today smile.gif

Notes/Tablature
http://bitly.com/gmclesson258

Vid Chat
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/43900329

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Feb 12 2013, 10:18 PM) *
this is a guitar file you can use to train for alternate picking and to prepare your self to play technical difficulties

this is for more than a beginner , but if you are willing to try - go for it. I will say this , each measure should start with a down stroke and after that be carefull that every pick is perfect alternate( meaning up-dow-up-down)
the reason I believe this will help is that not only are you playing with a metronome( don't forget to turn the metronome on) but you are following note for note
Slow the tempo down so you can play it perfectly and no I can not play it as fast as paul gilbert , but this has really been helping my practice

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 01:33 AM