Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's The First Thing You Play When You Pick Up The Guitar?
Cosmin Lupu
post Feb 17 2013, 11:31 PM
Post #1

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

Just like that smile.gif When you pick up the axe, there is that certain impulse of playing something you like very much and you also know how to play. What is that thing? It can be a riff, lick, bend, famous part of a solo or a chord progression - anything really smile.gif

Push the REC button, record it and post it here to show us what is it that YOU play when you pick up your guitar!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Professor
post Feb 18 2013, 09:34 AM
Post #2

Theory Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17.394

Don't have my axe here at work, but I will post later. Mostly I play a few chord shapes on the top 4 strings in F, then solo with no time in F to get my fingers, ears and head around playing that day.

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
post Feb 18 2013, 03:15 PM
Post #3

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.594

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 17 2013, 11:31 PM) *
Just like that smile.gif When you pick up the axe, there is that certain impulse of playing something you like very much and you also know how to play. What is that thing? It can be a riff, lick, bend, famous part of a solo or a chord progression - anything really smile.gif

Push the REC button, record it and post it here to show us what is it that YOU play when you pick up your guitar!

Nowadays, my first instinctive melodies after I pick up my guitar, are some kind of "open string + hybrid pickin" ideas, just like Justin Derrico demonstrates them around 0:29

--------------------

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
post Feb 18 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #4

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.415

Open strings - tuning wink.gif

But seriously, I tend to start the day with ear training, so I guess intervals and the likes is the first thing I play!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Feb 18 2013, 06:07 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

Recently I caught myself, playing just a note and vibrating it smoothly so I can hear it 'breathe' - if I may say so smile.gif I don't know why I'm doing it but it is almost like some sort of ritual. The tone is a crunchy one for this.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 02:04 PM