2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hi Everyone
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 21 2013, 06:28 PM
GMC:er
Hello Gmc,

my name is Suzi and im an absolute newbie to guitar.Just got my first guitar last week as a present from my brothe.I always wanted to learn to play but never had the time for it.Im soon to be 24 i hope im not to late wink.gif .My favourite bands are Fugazi, Ramones, RATM, Soundgarden and the Gits.My personal heroes are Janis Joplin and Joan Jett (she is a badass).I would appreciate any kind of help which lesson to start.
I have 2 hours spare time to practice every day and im that kind of people who need to set goals to do it.

best wishes,

Suzi

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nava
Feb 21 2013, 06:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Great! Hi biggrin.gif

Welcome and noo, we are never to old to learn!

This is the best site ever and here you will get the best help u need. That I'm totally shure of smile.gif))

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2013, 07:10 PM
Instructor
Hey Suzi! Glad you decided to introduce yourself to the community smile.gif Welcome to GMC and allow me to introduce you to a series of lessons created especially for beginners - The Bear Rose Beginner Lessons! I am a big big Soundgarden fan myself wink.gif Let me know if I can help further while checking out the lessons below:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Bear-Rose/

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 21 2013, 07:20 PM
QUOTE (Nava @ Feb 21 2013, 05:37 PM) *
Great! Hi biggrin.gif

Welcome and noo, we are never to old to learn!

This is the best site ever and here you will get the best help u need. That I'm totally shure of smile.gif))

Thanks Nava!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 21 2013, 06:10 PM) *
Hey Suzi! Glad you decided to introduce yourself to the community smile.gif Welcome to GMC and allow me to introduce you to a series of lessons created especially for beginners - The Bear Rose Beginner Lessons! I am a big big Soundgarden fan myself wink.gif Let me know if I can help further while checking out the lessons below:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Bear-Rose/

Thank you for the recommendation.Im on it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
The Professor
Feb 21 2013, 07:23 PM
Theory Instructor
Hi and welcome aboard! If you ever have any music theory questions, feel free to post them in the Theory thread or browse through the threads that are already there.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...hp?showforum=25

Have fun on GMC!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 21 2013, 07:30 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hi Suzi - welcome to GMC! smile.gif

Great to hear you decided to learn guitar.

Here are a few very good lesson series to begin with :

* First Steps
* Beginner's Corner
* Basic Chords

My recommendation would be to go through few of them (lessons), to get oriented on guitar, and then just pick an easy lesson from the archive that sounds cool and doable to you - for example : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Los_Ramones/ smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 21 2013, 10:24 PM
QUOTE (The Professor @ Feb 21 2013, 06:23 PM) *
Hi and welcome aboard! If you ever have any music theory questions, feel free to post them in the Theory thread or browse through the threads that are already there.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...hp?showforum=25

Have fun on GMC!

Hi thank you im sure i will.
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 21 2013, 06:30 PM) *
Hi Suzi - welcome to GMC! smile.gif

Great to hear you decided to learn guitar.

Here are a few very good lesson series to begin with :

* First Steps
* Beginner's Corner
* Basic Chords

My recommendation would be to go through few of them (lessons), to get oriented on guitar, and then just pick an easy lesson from the archive that sounds cool and doable to you - for example : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Los_Ramones/ smile.gif

Thank you Bogdan i just started the beginner corner.Is it normal if i feel like my fingers a bit tense?

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 21 2013, 11:02 PM
QUOTE (RocknRoll Ninja @ Feb 21 2013, 06:28 PM) *
Hello Gmc,

my name is Suzi and im an absolute newbie to guitar.Just got my first guitar last week as a present from my brothe.I always wanted to learn to play but never had the time for it.Im soon to be 24 i hope im not to late wink.gif .My favourite bands are Fugazi, Ramones, RATM, Soundgarden and the Gits.My personal heroes are Janis Joplin and Joan Jett (she is a badass).I would appreciate any kind of help which lesson to start.
I have 2 hours spare time to practice every day and im that kind of people who need to set goals to do it.

best wishes,

Suzi

Hi Suzi, welcome to the GMC community!

I invite you to take part in our Poll about starting the guitar playing. Here is the thread:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47869

You will find a lot of interesting aspects there, and I'm very curious to read your answer on the Poll question.

Happy practicing! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 21 2013, 11:29 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (RocknRoll Ninja @ Feb 21 2013, 10:24 PM) *
Hi thank you im sure i will.

Thank you Bogdan i just started the beginner corner.Is it normal if i feel like my fingers a bit tense?

Yes - that is perfectly normal. Just watch out, if you feel any pain - you should stop and rest.
At start it might be a bit tense and uncomfortable to place your fingers on different chord shapes - but with some practice you will feel how your hands unlock and get used to new movements.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 21 2013, 11:36 PM
Instructor
Hi Suzi and welcome to GMC!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blister
Feb 22 2013, 05:07 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Suzi & welcome to GMC! smile.gif I sure hope 24 is not too old to start guitar cause if that was the case, I'd be doomed! laugh.gif That's great that you have 2 hours a day to practice. I'm sure you will notice progress with that kind of schedule. Keep fired up on learning guitar & don't lose that passion! smile.gif I hope to see you in the video chats & forum!

Gary

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 22 2013, 09:09 AM
Instructor
Bogdan is right smile.gif When you feel like your fingers are asking for a break, take some time to read some theory as well -> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=3351

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 22 2013, 09:12 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 21 2013, 10:29 PM) *
Yes - that is perfectly normal. Just watch out, if you feel any pain - you should stop and rest.
At start it might be a bit tense and uncomfortable to place your fingers on different chord shapes - but with some practice you will feel how your hands unlock and get used to new movements.

Thank you.I only felt that tense finger thing when i changed chords but i do it slow perfectly rather than rush it and learn it wrong
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 22 2013, 08:09 AM) *
Bogdan is right smile.gif When you feel like your fingers are asking for a break, take some time to read some theory as well -> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=3351

Great advice thanks Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 22 2013, 09:32 AM
Instructor
The pleasure is all mine smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ninjastorm
Feb 22 2013, 11:07 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Suzi, nice to have another "Ninja" on GMC tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Feb 22 2013, 12:21 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC, Suzi smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Feb 22 2013, 04:57 PM
Hi Suzi, welcome to GMC!

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 22 2013, 05:18 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone is so nice.Im already better than yesterday biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 22 2013, 07:16 PM
Welcome SUZI!!! smile.gif I'm Todd and I teach our Sat/Sunday Video Chat lessons and we'd love to invite you out to join our crazy group on Sat/Sun smile.gif The stuff we do can be a bit nuts, but working on any of it will help your hand build the muscle memory it needs to advance. You have come to the right place smile.gif GMC is the most amazing guitar community I"ve ever seen.

Todd

QUOTE (RocknRoll Ninja @ Feb 21 2013, 12:28 PM) *
Hello Gmc,

best wishes,

Suzi

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 22 2013, 07:42 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 22 2013, 06:16 PM) *
Welcome SUZI!!! smile.gif I'm Todd and I teach our Sat/Sunday Video Chat lessons and we'd love to invite you out to join our crazy group on Sat/Sun smile.gif The stuff we do can be a bit nuts, but working on any of it will help your hand build the muscle memory it needs to advance. You have come to the right place smile.gif GMC is the most amazing guitar community I"ve ever seen.

Todd

Hey Todd,
thanks for the invite but currently my broadband not really good so i cant really do anything "live" but i will when i get it sorted.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:30 AM