> Hi All, I'm New Here
SoundShapingDotC...
post Feb 21 2013, 11:51 PM
Post #1

Experienced Tone Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.545

Hi all,

I just submitted my first REC so that's pretty exciting. Pretty cool to getting to know all of you!

A short introduction, I'm Peter, I started playing guitar at the age of 15 with an interest in metal and blues. Being inspired by bands and guitarists like Queen, Rainbow, Maiden, Whitesnake, Satriani, Vai, Knopfler,Clapton, Robert Cray and malmsteen.

About 2 years ago after not playing guitar at all for about 10 years (Don't ever do that!) I totally got back into making music playing the piano and guitar. This time I'm really focused on making progress and improving my playing, This year I'm turning 40 so it would be very cool to be able to play the guitar at an intermediate level. The last month I've checked out GMC and I really like the site, the people and the overall vibe and I'm certain this is the place for me to get my playing to the next level.

I'm a left handed player so it's pretty hard to get a decent guitar but it's easier then 20 years ago.

My gear is Left handed Mayones Regius 6 Pro (blocked the trem, with 0.09 strings, tuned to D), Boss GX-700 distortion into Kemper Profiling Amp into Steinberg UR824 for soloing. For metal riffs I use an Ibanez with blocked trem with 0.13-0.56 tuned to cool.gif and for Blues I mostly use a Tokai telecaster tuned to D to get that beautiful SRV tone.

I'm not a live player, I'm more of a studio player I guess, I haven't played in a band so I'm an amateur player and like all of you guys always in search for the perfect tone.

I love music and love almost every style and that sometimes makes it very confusing for me to determine in what category I belong (If that even matters) but on the flip side it means I will find many lessons on GMC that I like :-)

K, hope to talk to you and getting to know you all soon!

Cheers
Peter

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Professor
post Feb 21 2013, 11:57 PM
Post #2

Theory Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 17.394

Welcome to the site and the forum! Plenty of great lessons to explore and people to meet and converse with.

If you ever have any questions about music theory head on over to the Theory board and browse through the threads, or post a question of your own.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...hp?showforum=25

Welcome aboard!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Blister
post Feb 22 2013, 05:00 AM
Post #3

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 12.141

Hi Peter & welcome to GMC! smile.gif Wow, nice job on the REC! I love Gary Moore. Tons of resources here. Be sure to check out the ">> More" next to "Featured Content" on the GMC Home page. My personal favorite here is the video chats. Hope to see you there & in the forum!

Gary

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Feb 22 2013, 09:47 AM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

Hey there Peter, welcome to GMC man! You'll love it here for certain so make sure you check out the collabs, video chat sessions and of course, let us know how we can help you smile.gif You got some nice gear there! What's your favorite technique and what would you like to improve in your playing?

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Feb 22 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #5

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Welcome to GMC!!! smile.gif You really are going to love it here. This community of players is supporting, and helpful and generally amazing. Jump in to the Video Chat Lessons (mine are on Sat/Sun) and the Collabs as they are part of what makes GMC so killer smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (SoundShapingDotCom @ Feb 21 2013, 05:51 PM) *
Hi all,

I just submitted my first REC so that's pretty exciting. Pretty cool to getting to know all of you!

A short introduction, I'm Peter, I started playing guitar at the age of 15 with an interest in metal and blues. Being inspired by bands and guitarists like Queen, Rainbow, Maiden, Whitesnake, Satriani, Vai, Knopfler,Clapton, Robert Cray and malmsteen.

About 2 years ago after not playing guitar at all for about 10 years (Don't ever do that!) I totally got back into making music playing the piano and guitar. This time I'm really focused on making progress and improving my playing, This year I'm turning 40 so it would be very cool to be able to play the guitar at an intermediate level. The last month I've checked out GMC and I really like the site, the people and the overall vibe and I'm certain this is the place for me to get my playing to the next level.

I'm a left handed player so it's pretty hard to get a decent guitar but it's easier then 20 years ago.

My gear is Left handed Mayones Regius 6 Pro (blocked the trem, with 0.09 strings, tuned to D), Boss GX-700 distortion into Kemper Profiling Amp into Steinberg UR824 for soloing. For metal riffs I use an Ibanez with blocked trem with 0.13-0.56 tuned to cool.gif and for Blues I mostly use a Tokai telecaster tuned to D to get that beautiful SRV tone.

I'm not a live player, I'm more of a studio player I guess, I haven't played in a band so I'm an amateur player and like all of you guys always in search for the perfect tone.

I love music and love almost every style and that sometimes makes it very confusing for me to determine in what category I belong (If that even matters) but on the flip side it means I will find many lessons on GMC that I like :-)

K, hope to talk to you and getting to know you all soon!

Cheers
Peter

--------------------

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
post Feb 22 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #6

Learning Tone Master

Member No.: 11.929

Nice intro, man! Welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
post Feb 22 2013, 10:50 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 4.733

I play lefthanded as well so I know your pain, sounds like you got a nice axe now
Welcome

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
post Feb 22 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #8

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 6.085

Great intro,welcome to GMC Peter smile.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bossie
post Feb 22 2013, 11:57 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 10.711

Welcome to the jungle !!! I don't know how far you live from Belgium but i know a great store
with only lefthand guitars not so far from Antwerp..just an idea !!
www.leftyguitars.be

This post has been edited by Bossie: Feb 22 2013, 11:58 PM
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Feb 23 2013, 07:46 AM
Post #10

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Bossie @ Feb 22 2013, 10:57 PM) *
Welcome to the jungle !!! I don't know how far you live from Belgium but i know a great store
with only lefthand guitars not so far from Antwerp..just an idea !!
www.leftyguitars.be

This looks totally awesome smile.gif I have a friend that is a lefty and he orders expensive guitars. Well, not necessarily because he is a lefty, but because he enjoys spending money on special guitars, custom made for him. He always engraves his name on them in some way smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SoundShapingDotC...
post Feb 23 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #11

Experienced Tone Master

Member No.: 17.545

Thanks for the welcome guys! Looking forward getting to know you all!

Cheers
Peter

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
post Feb 23 2013, 12:22 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 17.594

Hey Peter, welcome to the GMC community!

I can see a lot of determination and passion for music in your introduction, and it's always a good sign. I think you're going to improve yourself tremendously here:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
post Feb 23 2013, 10:50 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 6.965

Hey welcome to GMC, Peter!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 24 2013, 01:37 AM
Post #14

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Hi Peter! Welcome to GMC! That's a cool introduction. Your musical taste is very interesting, you named really big bands and artists there! Here you will find many cool features like REC! We have collaborations, Vchats, mentoring programs and lots of cool things at the practice room sub forum! Be sure to send me a PM if you need some help or if you want to receive more info about my mentoring programs.
Enjoy the site!!

Gab.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2017 - 04:15 PM