> Metal Guitar Gods By Toontrack
Gabriel Leopardi
post Mar 16 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #1

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hey guys. I found a video by Mattias Eklund talking about this and then I found this video... the tone is amazing.

Did you know it? Have you tried it?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Mar 17 2013, 06:21 AM
Post #2

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Spiff!! I'll have to try these out. Also, it sounds like it would be TONS easier for most folks than digging in to some of the more complex emulators. This seems like a great way to get ones feet wet with software guitar tones. Sort of EZ drummer for guitar emulation! I hope they have a demo version!!

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 16 2013, 12:54 PM) *
Hey guys. I found a video by Mattias Eklund talking about this and then I found this video... the tone is amazing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Mar 17 2013, 11:05 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

WOW!!! I just tried the demo and just WOW!! The guitar tones are impressive right out of the box. The presets are actually good! That's pretty rare IMHO as most presets I've tried in most emulators were just terrible. But not only does this emulation guitar amps, you can use it like OZONE to improve the quality of an overal mix, or just put it on the drums to make them sound better etc. It won't replace TONI MIRO or a real engineer, etc. But for HOME RECORDISTS looking to improve the overall quality of their day to day work, this would do it. It's like a swiss army knife!!

I'm really shocked it's less than $200. Thats what I love about plugins smile.gif The amount of gear this would represent in hardware would cost more than a nice house. Racks and racks of gear and amps. The MIRACLE of technology smile.gif

Also has presets for Vocals, Bass, etc. So for things that most guitarists could use a handy preset for.

The $50 expansion pack is really just presets made by some spiff guys. I"m sure they sound great smile.gif But in all honesty you could probably just make your own presets. I think I"m gonna have to put this in my purchase list.

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 16 2013, 12:54 PM) *

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Mar 18 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 17 2013, 07:05 PM) *
WOW!!! I just tried the demo and just WOW!! The guitar tones are impressive right out of the box. The presets are actually good! That's pretty rare IMHO as most presets I've tried in most emulators were just terrible. But not only does this emulation guitar amps, you can use it like OZONE to improve the quality of an overal mix, or just put it on the drums to make them sound better etc. It won't replace TONI MIRO or a real engineer, etc. But for HOME RECORDISTS looking to improve the overall quality of their day to day work, this would do it. It's like a swiss army knife!!

I'm really shocked it's less than $200. Thats what I love about plugins smile.gif The amount of gear this would represent in hardware would cost more than a nice house. Racks and racks of gear and amps. The MIRACLE of technology smile.gif

Also has presets for Vocals, Bass, etc. So for things that most guitarists could use a handy preset for.

The $50 expansion pack is really just presets made by some spiff guys. I"m sure they sound great smile.gif But in all honesty you could probably just make your own presets. I think I"m gonna have to put this in my purchase list.

Todd

hehehe now I'm more excited with this one!! I haven't tried the demo version but I definitely must do it!! The promo video audios are mind blowing and now you checked that it's real!
Thanks for your feedback mate.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Mar 19 2013, 11:32 AM
Post #5

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.410

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 17 2013, 11:05 PM) *

Todd

How do you compare them to other modeling software?
Toontrack is a great company and it would be awesome if they manage to do what they did with drum VSTs.

I wonder if we have hit the limit with software emulation/modeling?
Why can't they just make AXE-FX in soundcard+PC package? smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
Socky42
post Mar 19 2013, 11:48 AM
Post #6

Group: Members
Member No.: 10.762

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Mar 19 2013, 10:32 AM) *
How do you compare them to other modeling software?
Toontrack is a great company and it would be awesome if they manage to do what they did with drum VSTs.

I wonder if we have hit the limit with software emulation/modeling?
Why can't they just make AXE-FX in soundcard+PC package? smile.gif

Compared to Overloud, Guitar Rig etc. the amp modeling is definitely on par. But there's a lack of customization in the software in general. (Unless i'm missing something, you can't just activate all the effects or whatever, you're stuck with the presets and the two knobs)

High-gain tones are bit iffy, but the cleans are pretty good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
post Mar 20 2013, 02:04 AM
Post #7

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.078

It's pretty awesome, yeah. I've used it but I don't own it myself yet. Hoping to soon though so I can actually have time to mess with it at home.

It's pretty sweet sounding, but it's not magic by any means. You still need to know what you're doing to get a great mix, but if you're having trouble getting the basic guitar tones that you want (especially if modeled after other players) then this thing is super helpful!! I wanna buy it for recording but I also want to profile a lot of these tones into my AxeFX II. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 07:57 AM