Online Pedal Comparinator
Todd Simpson
Apr 17 2013, 02:18 AM
GMC:er
Found a spiff web site that lets you compare apples to apples (with limitations on whats' being played and what pedals you can choose of course) stomp boxes.

You pick two pedals, hit submit and you hear a lick being played on each pedal at at time. I was comparing the TS7 with the original 808 (tube screamer nerd stuff)

http://www.oldtonezone.com/distortionoverd...l-comparinator/

Handy!!!

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 17 2013, 08:22 AM
Instructor
Awesome tool man smile.gif I don't know if it can really substitute the real experience of trying and testing but, it is a good starting point!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 17 2013, 04:23 PM
Instructor
It's a great idea! This should keep on growing!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 19 2013, 05:29 AM
GMC:er
Obviously this isn't meant to replace putting your ears on real gear. smile.gif It's really just a quick web tool to give you a rough idea of what two pedals sound like in relation to each other so you can be a little better equipped when you go shopping for pedals.

It's a great way to work through some Noobishness about pedals without having to embarrass oneself in a music store to cork sniffing Boutique Pedal folks that often work in Music shops smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 17 2013, 03:22 AM) *
Awesome tool man smile.gif I don't know if it can really substitute the real experience of trying and testing but, it is a good starting point!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 19 2013, 08:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 19 2013, 04:29 AM) *
Obviously this isn't meant to replace putting your ears on real gear. smile.gif It's really just a quick web tool to give you a rough idea of what two pedals sound like in relation to each other so you can be a little better equipped when you go shopping for pedals.

It's a great way to work through some Noobishness about pedals without having to embarrass oneself in a music store to cork sniffing Boutique Pedal folks that often work in Music shops smile.gif

Todd

In here there aren't as many connoisseurs in the shops, so cork sniffing is not so often encountered laugh.gif But yes, it serves its purpose for teaching you a thing or two before you go out on the front to make your wallet bleed

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:54 AM