Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Did Gmc Come To Be
dcz702
post Apr 25 2013, 05:49 AM
Post #1

Learning Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.838

I was wondering how this site started I see all the instructors are from all over. Was is a idea that others joined in and it just kept getting bigger?

This post has been edited by dcz702: Apr 25 2013, 05:51 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kklee100
post Apr 25 2013, 05:57 AM
Post #2

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 15.140

Yes, I also want to know the history of GMC.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Apr 25 2013, 07:44 AM
Post #3

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (dcz702 @ Apr 25 2013, 06:49 AM) *
I was wondering how this site started I see all the instructors are from all over. Was is a idea that others joined in and it just kept getting bigger?

Pretty much like that, yes!

I had done several previous 'experiments' on the web - and I wanted to build something I could be proud of and invest my life in. I decided to lay a new foundation under the domain name GuitarMasterClass.net

I wanted the focus to be to inspire people through great music/playing, as I had found that this kind of inspiration is what brought me forward in my own practicing - hence the domain name. I also believe the big game changer for your guitar heroes was hearing their idols play, not when someone explained the modal harmony (even though that can be extremely useful as well, but later on).

As the site grew it became difficult for me to be the only teacher, while dealing with all the other aspects of running a busy community. At this point I was very lucky to have some extremely skilled guitarists join in, and help me produce and raise the bar for our lessons!

GMC has now become a part of me, and everything I do and think revolves around taking this community to a place where no one has been before.

In plain words that means

* listening to your feedback and fix problems, often actual 'childhood diseases' (currently we are rebuilding the entire code base of the site)

* follow my intuition and plan for long-term features which will make GMC much more exciting, and useful to you

* new marketing strategies to finance the two points above

oops you got me going there... thanks for asking! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
dcz702
post Apr 25 2013, 08:29 AM
Post #4

Learning Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 25 2013, 06:44 AM) *
Pretty much like that, yes!

I had done several previous 'experiments' on the web - and I wanted to build something I could be proud of and invest my life in. I decided to lay a new foundation under the domain name GuitarMasterClass.net

I wanted the focus to be to inspire people through great music/playing, as I had found that this kind of inspiration is what brought me forward in my own practicing - hence the domain name. I also believe the big game changer for your guitar heroes was hearing their idols play, not when someone explained the modal harmony (even though that can be extremely useful as well, but later on).

As the site grew it became difficult for me to be the only teacher, while dealing with all the other aspects of running a busy community. At this point I was very lucky to have some extremely skilled guitarists join in, and help me produce and raise the bar for our lessons!

GMC has now become a part of me, and everything I do and think revolves around taking this community to a place where no one has been before.

In plain words that means

* listening to your feedback and fix problems, often actual 'childhood diseases' (currently we are rebuilding the entire code base of the site)

* follow my intuition and plan for long-term features which will make GMC much more exciting, and useful to you

* new marketing strategies to finance the two points above

oops you got me going there... thanks for asking! cool.gif

it was a great idea and the site you made has taken may people to a level they may have not been able to get to im sure. im a gmcer and will be for the long run. everything i need is in one place. and this makes learning so much easier anything i need or want to know has been in one place and ive only gotten to a fraction of what i wanna learn. thanks for a rockin site wink.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
post Apr 25 2013, 08:54 AM
Post #5

GMC:er

Member No.: 15.024

Because of Guess The Riff thread , which became erroneously popular in a short time.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Apr 25 2013, 09:42 AM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

We are all a part of the GMC big story smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Apr 25 2013, 11:05 AM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17.069

I'm very fresh but already enjoy this mood of symphaty and asystem that gives a full care to the students smile.gif It's not only "buy a lesson" thing a that is awesome. I wish I had opportunity to learn this way when I started smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 25 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #8

Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.338

Check this, might give some pics about the site's history cool.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/GMC_Museum

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
mroberts70
post Apr 25 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 16.646

Awesome, also looks like the gmc funnies have been around for quite awhile as well!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Apr 25 2013, 11:23 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

GMC has a great history and a great future! I ran across it myself looking for tips and tricks, lessons, info, etc. I keep coming back so often that it finally dawned on me to ask about joining up as an instructor. smile.gif Having seen the quality of the players I knew I'd be in fine company. This was way back when video chat lessons just gaining some momentum on GMC. Now we have them daily and I teach two of them each week. The growth I've seen during my time here has been amazing and the community itself continues to me inspire me to push myself and my students smile.gif Make that, to push myself as a student along with the entire community.

Todd

--------------------

+Quote Post
dcz702
post Apr 25 2013, 11:28 PM
Post #11

Learning Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 25 2013, 10:23 PM) *
GMC has a great history and a great future! I ran across it myself looking for tips and tricks, lessons, info, etc. I keep coming back so often that it finally dawned on me to ask about joining up as an instructor. smile.gif Having seen the quality of the players I knew I'd be in fine company. This was way back when video chat lessons just gaining some momentum on GMC. Now we have them daily and I teach two of them each week. The growth I've seen during my time here has been amazing and the community itself continues to me inspire me to push myself and my students smile.gif Make that, to push myself as a student along with the entire community.

Todd

yea just participated in my first video chat lesson with cosmin today. very good way to get hands on with instructors

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Apr 26 2013, 10:23 AM
Post #12

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (dcz702 @ Apr 25 2013, 10:28 PM) *
yea just participated in my first video chat lesson with cosmin today. very good way to get hands on with instructors

I am glad you liked it and I enjoyed answering your questions man! smile.gif It is clear that you are about to discover wonderful things regarding the stuff that we have talked about. I enjoyed last evening's session very much myself!

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
post Apr 28 2013, 02:25 PM
Post #13

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 9.801

freelicks.net is still up. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
post Apr 28 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #14

Tone Seeker

Member No.: 4.519

Oh heck ! I remember when new site update came (late 2009). I was like "No, the old one was better !" laugh.gif
But of course this one we have now is better cool.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Apr 28 2013, 03:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2017 - 05:13 PM