Ron Thal Bumblefoot - Crazy Or Cool ? :)
Darius Wave
May 2 2013, 10:44 AM
Instructor
I remember when I found this guy - it was somewhere about 10 years ago while I was fascinated with fretless guitars. There were some samples of his playing on the Vigier guitars website. Honestly...I love his sick attitude to playing but I also know some people think his songs are too crazy smile.gif Maybe I'm a bit bored with conventional playing and that's why I like the "scary movie" style of playing biggrin.gif

What do You think about it ?smile.gif

I love the "Raygun" song

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: May 2 2013, 10:44 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 2 2013, 01:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
It sounds COOL to me and i like that kind of sound a lot !

Thats the kind of sound i been listening a lot ... huh.gif around 38 years a go or so rolleyes.gif

This Guy is influenced by Jimi Hendrix a bit !?

Dieter

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 2 2013, 02:33 PM
GMC:er
I love bumblefoot! biggrin.gif

My favorite tones from him are probably:

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: May 2 2013, 02:34 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 2 2013, 02:34 PM
Instructor
Yeah...there a tons of influences in his playing and I like that he's not afraid to combine so many styles plus having so much fun doing this crazy music smile.gif I'm only a bit afraid that there is not too much people who actually understand what he's doing and the can think that he suck on guitar...

+Quote Post
Headbanger
May 2 2013, 02:46 PM
GMC:er
Never heard of him! But I liked Raygun and Vomit. Its good to post people who step outside the conventional playing style. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 2 2013, 02:59 PM
Instructor
Never too late to find some cool players smile.gif Ron is one of my favourites too smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 3 2013, 05:15 AM
Instructor
He is an awesome guitar player. I could see him live with Gun's & Roses. He has to be a bit more conventional with them but there are some moments where he shows out of this planet playing.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 3 2013, 07:27 AM
Instructor
I am a fan of B-foot since 2005 I think. Always loved his craziness and non-conformism biggrin.gif I have a friend who is friends with him and soon (hopefully), he might organize a clinic with him, Richie Kotzen and 1-2 other awesome players, in Romania.

Here's my friend with Ron a few years ago when Ron came to Romania for the first time with GnR.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 3 2013, 02:36 PM
Instructor
and regarding the thread's question... Crazy and Cool! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 10 2013, 09:13 AM
Instructor
Watch some of his old guitar workshops biggrin.gif Dude is sick biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: May 10 2013, 09:22 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:20 AM