2 Pages V  < 1 2  
What Would You Buy
Amp360
May 16 2013, 08:01 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 9 2013, 03:37 PM) *
As far as I'm aware Tokai made the first Aluminium Bodied production guitar.

This is not correct. Veleno was the first company to make an aluminum production guitar. They're really, really cool. John Veleno started making these in 1972 and a lot of big name players used them - from Dolly Parton to Ace Frehley to Sonny Bono to Marc Bolan to Greg Allman.

If you want to split hairs I suppose you could say Rickenbacker's Frying Pan was the first, but the Veleno was the first regular solid body guitar made of aluminum.

If I could get any new guitar right now I think I would get a Monteleone full acoustic archtop.

For old stuff I would really have to think about it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Amp360: May 16 2013, 08:04 PM

--------------------
company contact
www.sparkletune.com
https://www.facebook.com/sparkletune
https://twitter.com/sparkletune1

my personal blog:
www.tanpants.net

thank you to john at GMC for inviting me to join this forum
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 16 2013, 08:06 PM
QUOTE (Amp360 @ May 16 2013, 08:01 PM) *
This is not correct. Veleno was the first company to make an aluminum production guitar. They're really, really cool. John Veleno started making these in 1972 and a lot of big name players used them - from Dolly Parton to Ace Frehley to Sonny Bono to Marc Bolan to Greg Allman.

If you want to split hairs I suppose you could say Rickenbacker's Frying Pan was the first, but the Veleno was the first regular solid body guitar made of aluminum.

If I could get any new guitar right now I think I would get a Monteleone full acoustic archtop.

For old stuff I would really have to think about it.

Thanks for the correction!! I'm surprised that I haven't heard of these before! Now I have ot go do some research!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Amp360
May 16 2013, 08:15 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 16 2013, 07:06 PM) *
Thanks for the correction!! I'm surprised that I haven't heard of these before! Now I have ot go do some research!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

No problem! They're not very common but they were a production guitar and are very, very cool. I didn't know about the Tokai you mentioned so I have to do some research about those.

--------------------
company contact
www.sparkletune.com
https://www.facebook.com/sparkletune
https://twitter.com/sparkletune1

my personal blog:
www.tanpants.net

thank you to john at GMC for inviting me to join this forum

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 16 2013, 08:17 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Honestly I am not at all sure of what I buy, but it would be tons of fun to walk into a top quality music store with a wad of cash, knowing I could get anything I wanted. I may have to go there everyday for a week to demo stuff before I could settle on three items! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:24 PM