> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kimiko's Blues'n'bends
Kimiko
post Jul 11 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #61

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 18.178

Hey Cosmin,

Here is take nr 3 after taking into consideration your latest notes:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jul 12 2013, 09:27 AM
Post #62

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

It's better and better with every take, man!

Now two things which I will point out:

- the first two bends are a bit to slow - they should be more direct wink.gif
- the vibrato is too rushed sometimes

You see how many details we can find in a relatively simple theme? smile.gif If you like this approach in building up your expressive side/ articulation technique, please let me know and I will see that you get more themes biggrin.gif Especially VOCAL themes - that you will have to sort out and play on the guitar wink.gif It's the best exercise for becoming expressive I could ever hope to find and it works like a charm!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kimiko
post Jul 12 2013, 12:12 PM
Post #63

I'm not really sure i'm ready for vocal transposition on guitar honestly. I mean i wouldn't know where to start.

What should i do now? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jul 13 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #64

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kimiko @ Jul 12 2013, 11:12 AM) *
I'm not really sure i'm ready for vocal transposition on guitar honestly. I mean i wouldn't know where to start.

What should i do now? smile.gif

A video by ME laugh.gif will tell you a thing or two on what to start working on, to develop your skills in that direction and in the mean time, how about this lesson here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-Vo...Of-Your-Guitar/

Let me know if it's too difficult, k? We can always go for something more approachable - this one is fairly long and it has A LOT of details - but that's the whole idea biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kimiko
post Jul 13 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #65

The sound of it and i don't thing it's too difficult for me!! biggrin.gif

I promise i'll take my time and not rush it though. This is just too awesome!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jul 13 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #66

Instructor
Group Icon

Glad to know you like it mate wink.gif We can tackle it in parts, so take care of the first one - record it and let's discuss smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jul 15 2013, 09:24 PM
Post #67

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kimiko @ Jul 13 2013, 12:53 PM) *
The sound of it and i don't thing it's too difficult for me!! biggrin.gif

I promise i'll take my time and not rush it though. This is just too awesome!

Got something more for ya wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kimiko
post Jul 17 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #68

Rough week...biggrin.gif

Hey man,

I managed to record the first two parts see it below. I also made a few personal notes as you can see under the vid. I practiced it slow at first and gradually sped up. I'll come back as soon as i can with the other two parts in which i'll integrate your own feedback to this

Cheers!

Personal notes:
- Some bends are still not going to the proper pitch (i'll cover that in no time)
- I'm not as tensed as it would seem, or at least i can feel a pretty fluid motion
- Some volume issues (I'll cover that once i get a final version with all 4 parts)
- 0:57 i...messed up biggrin.gif i forgot where to go but quickly came back on track

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jul 18 2013, 12:41 PM
Post #69

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey broheim! Good job so far! You nailed these two parts well, from the perspective of their structure and I think you did a decent job in respect to the flow. Of course, what I want from you is total expression control and for that, goal number 1, 2, 3, 4 ...n is to nail ALL the bends in pitch and widen the vibrato.

Also, there are two more important aspects:

- those little bend/release notes in the beginning they are a bit faster - try to play over the original recording and see the actual feel - no worries, EVERYONE has problems with them biggrin.gif

- vibrate every note only after allowing it to breathe a little, at first, don't go in the vibrato right away, ok?

You are improving, my friend! Keep it up!

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kimiko
post Jul 27 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #70

well...this proved to be a bit harder than expected. I mean making a video that sounds decent enough and no major mistakes. Being a rather long video i had a bit of trouble to record it all in one go but the final result is rather decent.

so here it is:

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jul 28 2013, 03:16 PM
Post #71

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey mate smile.gif

Congrats for putting it all in one place! Now, we should look at the details:

- those tricky little bends are not ok yet - you should record against the original recording and see that they match perfectly
- the vibrato is not wide enough and you should let the notes breathe a little more before vibrating - the vibrato should be an extension that comes pretty smoothly into the scene smile.gif
- please focus on getting all the notes into pitch - for instance at 0:40 you are higher than the right pitch smile.gif
- the bends such as the one starting at 1:09 shouldn't be unison bends - they should be standing alone

Let's get these into shape and we'll see afterwards biggrin.gif

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kimiko
post Aug 3 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #72

Hey man,

Well...i had another go at it and came up with this, sorry for the bad lighting sad.gif
Also wish i could make it sound better...but i cannot seem to do that at the moment...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 4 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #73

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey there my fellow countryman!

I think that the pitch reach is far better - aside 01:36 and 02:02 you touched all the notes where they were supposed to be - good call!

Now, the only problem, are those quirky bends at the beginning smile.gif As I said, everyone has a little problem with those so, no worries, you will just need a little more time to get them straight.

Now, aside from practicing this one I was going to ask if you would like to begin working on a new task so we can keep things fresh. Let me know and tell me if you need help with the quirky bends smile.gif

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kimiko
post Aug 4 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #74

YESSS!!! biggrin.gif

i would love to practice something new to work on.
Gimme gimme gimme biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 5 2013, 12:00 PM
Post #75

Instructor
Group Icon

Here's my suggestion smile.gif Let's isolate the first part of this lesson, and work on it until you get the quirky bends right - can you do a recording against one of my slowed down recordings? I mean literally record over it, until it sounds like one guitar instead of two smile.gif

And for the second task, how about this one? https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Slides-Bends/ It will work on your vibrato in such a way that you will be able to focus on the long notes again smile.gif If you feel like wanting something more rhythm oriented as well, let me know, ok?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kimiko
post Aug 25 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #76

Ohh my gosh it's been a very long time, i'm sorry.

Here's some updates:
First the isolated video from the Voice, part 1 with both guitars over one another

Second the Shape of my heart - solo...well part of it anyway biggrin.gif definitely great ear training but i have to admit it is hard

As for Ben's video...heh...i've put it on hold...i can't access all the parts of the video to watch it slowed up but this Friday i'll renew the subscription biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Kimiko: Aug 25 2013, 01:15 PM

+Quote Post
Kimiko
post Aug 26 2013, 07:00 AM
Post #77

Hmm ...awkwardthe second vid is not showing...

here it is:

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 26 2013, 10:17 AM
Post #78

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey man! Long time no see, but what I see is improvement!

I think you did a great job on articulation so far with these two vids - can you focus on recording that first part from 'The voice of your guitar' with the backing respecting what you did in the previous recording? biggrin.gif

And one with the theme from 'The shape of my heart' - against nothing smile.gif Into thin air and with as much feeling as possible? Do we have a deal?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kimiko
post Sep 23 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #79

Hey Cosmin,

Been kind of busy lately at work with the new Rocksmith game coming out, we testers are stressed out and work alot, that's the main reason i haven't been around lately, 8-12 hours a day with the guitar and bass is a pain for my fingers. But i managed to record the "magical" 3 videos.

Some personal notes:
- at the Voice of your guitar.... i donno what's the matter it sounds worse than the last recording, the guitar was in tune but i think i forgot it, donno what to say it doesn't have the same feeling to it
- at Slides & Bends, there's a lot to work on (keep in mind that my fingers are killing me) biggrin.gif. Those slides and direct bends from the 7th fret up to the 14th i don't feel very stable on them

Now, i don't want to whine any more than i already did but...i recorded these two vids today and i donno, it feels like i'm losing my dexterity. That and...it seems like every time i turn on the camera, i'm bound to fail at some point, a lack of cursive playing if you want to call it like that. I took a brake from guitar-ing (new word tongue.gif ) on Saturday thinking i'll record on Sunday, but when i tried, i couldn't do anything, nothing sounded right.

I'm leaving the videos below, hope i didn't disappoint too bad, i also apologize for the bad lighting, trying to figure something out with that.

All the best,
Andrei

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 24 2013, 11:13 AM
Post #80

Instructor
Group Icon

Mate smile.gif welcome back - I know what's happening, but since it's a lot to tell, I'll do it in a video, so stay tuned wink.gif

Here we go:

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 24 2013, 04:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2017 - 03:54 AM