> Guitar Rig Sound Issues?
MonkeyDAthos
post May 29 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 11.477

Hello!

I am having this kind of Glitch sound ohmy.gif while using Guitar Rig 5. (Guitar -> Fast Track MKII ->Guitar Rig 5)

Here's an exemple using clean sound.

(it's not peaking on GR5 or on the interface)

Some times i can have a few min of peace, but then i am just brutal assaulted by this awful thing, although when i plug the guitar into the interface (using direct monitor and nothing else) i can get a clean sound glitchy free :/

Any idea what could be causing this?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Clean_exemple.wav ( 2.46MB ) Number of downloads: 154

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
korblitz
post May 29 2013, 11:05 PM
Post #2

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 16.462

Your audio buffer is too low.

+Quote Post
BTrian
post May 29 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #3

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 16.704

probably that, or your PC too bad,
I got this if I try to run my webcam on 740p at the same time

I also got that kind of clipping thing on some GR4 Update a while ago, I rolled back to the last stable version and it works since that.
one indicator for the clipping thing also was that the GR cpu percentage went red, 90% or whatever in the standalone program

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
post May 29 2013, 11:35 PM
Post #4

The cpu is usually dwelling between 7%-10%.

I will have to check that audio buffer thing though, thanks wink.gif. Starting to work with this kind of stuff for the first time, still have toons to learn.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: May 29 2013, 11:36 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
korblitz
post May 30 2013, 12:04 AM
Post #5

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 16.462

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ May 29 2013, 10:35 PM) *
The cpu is usually dwelling between 7%-10%.

I will have to check that audio buffer thing though, thanks wink.gif. Starting to work with this kind of stuff for the first time, still have toons to learn.

It's all goes back to how much ram you have available..the audio buffer saves the processed sound into ram so then it can fetch it and play it. From what I heard..it can't catch up, so you need to raise your audio buffer size....this will increase audio latency.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
post May 30 2013, 12:29 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (korblitz @ May 30 2013, 12:04 AM) *
It's all goes back to how much ram you have available..the audio buffer saves the processed sound into ram so then it can fetch it and play it. From what I heard..it can't catch up, so you need to raise your audio buffer size....this will increase audio latency.

I see, cheers for the info man! biggrin.gif; i will mess around with the ASIO4ALL thing tomorrow and see if i can make it work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 30 2013, 06:10 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

MONKEY is on the mark smile.gif Adjust your buffer size bit by bit until you find a stable point. The bad news is, I've been on laptops with not enough ram where the buffer had to be so high it caused latency/lag in the signal. Stuffing your computer with ram is well worth doing and ram is crazy cheap these days.

I'd say go for 8 gigs if your machine will take it. I'd say 4 is near the minimum I'd suggest. 2gb usually gets a bit sketchy.

Todd

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ May 29 2013, 07:29 PM) *
I see, cheers for the info man! biggrin.gif; i will mess around with the ASIO4ALL thing tomorrow and see if i can make it work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
deeaa
post May 30 2013, 08:03 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 18.290

Is it a laptop? I've seen very powerful laptops that simply could not do recordings without similar glitches...had to do with CPU throttling and whatnot, BIOS settings, and I managed to get them almost gone but not entirely.

But definitely it is some kind of latency/buffer issue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
post May 30 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 30 2013, 06:10 AM) *
MONKEY is on the mark smile.gif Adjust your buffer size bit by bit until you find a stable point. The bad news is, I've been on laptops with not enough ram where the buffer had to be so high it caused latency/lag in the signal. Stuffing your computer with ram is well worth doing and ram is crazy cheap these days.

I'd say go for 8 gigs if your machine will take it. I'd say 4 is near the minimum I'd suggest. 2gb usually gets a bit sketchy.

Todd

QUOTE (deeaa @ May 30 2013, 08:03 AM) *
Is it a laptop? I've seen very powerful laptops that simply could not do recordings without similar glitches...had to do with CPU throttling and whatnot, BIOS settings, and I managed to get them almost gone but not entirely.

But definitely it is some kind of latency/buffer issue.

Yeh i am runnin with 4gigs and 2.53Ghz i5 ._. aint really that awesome..meh, think it's time to start assembling my desktop computer.

i have managed to get some more "peace" with the audio buffering and still having a nice latency, but the problem it's still here.
It goes all wild when i start playing, but after a few secs it seems to stabilize..yet you still hear a little spike from time to time.
Gonna try and mess it with a little more. Thanks you all smile.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: May 30 2013, 02:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 31 2013, 07:38 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

If you have a "boost" cpu that bumps clock speed when needed, go in to the BIOS settings and turn that off. That way the cpu will be full bore all the time. Of course this will kill your battery when you are mobile, but one thing at a time smile.gif Also, pull your audio interface out of the loop and try recording straight in to your computer if possible to see if the interface is causing an issue.

Perhaps go update the driver for your interface if there is a new one. Also, make sure you interface is plugged in (usb ?) directly to the computer, not through a hub.

Try to eliminate as many variables as you can til you can isolate the problem smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ May 30 2013, 09:27 AM) *
Yeh i am runnin with 4gigs and 2.53Ghz i5 ._. aint really that awesome..meh, think it's time to start assembling my desktop computer.

i have managed to get some more "peace" with the audio buffering and still having a nice latency, but the problem it's still here.
It goes all wild when i start playing, but after a few secs it seems to stabilize..yet you still hear a little spike from time to time.
Gonna try and mess it with a little more. Thanks you all smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2017 - 12:41 AM