3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
So, Whats Your Main Guitar And Amp, What are you doing right now?
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 13 2013, 07:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jun 12 2013, 10:57 AM) *
I use mostly Hufschmid and Mayones guitars. Got some PRS Santana SE and moded Squier for some jamming and cheap gigs (I mean...when I'm afarid I can loose the guitar - forget, stolen or something tongue.gif ) I also have my custom Bloody Mary with EMG's for drop tunings.

As for the amp I usually use Cornford RH30 with 4x12" custom Clamor cab (2x V30 + 2 x Greenback) + T.C G-major in the effects loop.

If the pub / stage is small I just go with a little H&K Club Reverb combo.

Ha! Cornford and Mayones smile.gif Great choices man!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 14 2013, 04:18 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Some stunning guitars posted here!

I mainly play through my Fender Hotrod Deluxe combo switching between Fender Malmsteen strat, American special strat with humbucker, Gibson classic LP, or a Squier vintage vibe telecaster. I play them all reguarly so I guess I don't have a main guitar. Although I have the most history with my LP. I still have a Laney 50 watt head with Marshall 1960 4x12 but don't crank it up too often. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by DeGroot: Jun 14 2013, 04:18 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 14 2013, 08:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jun 14 2013, 03:18 AM) *

I mainly play through my Fender Hotrod Deluxe combo switching between Fender Malmsteen strat, American special strat with humbucker, Gibson classic LP, or a Squier vintage vibe telecaster. I play them all reguarly so I guess I don't have a main guitar. Although I have the most history with my LP. I still have a Laney 50 watt head with Marshall 1960 4x12 but don't crank it up too often. smile.gif

I see You got some true classic in Your rig smile.gif Lately I have some strat period - seems like there is nothing like true single coil, 21/22 frets and the neck tone with lower gain but nice treble end...yamiiii:D I don't suppose I'll buy a Fender but I've got a local guy Who makes guitars for fun and his results are amazing comparing to the prices he requests smile.gif If everything goes ok I'll be happy owner of fully made of Ash, no painting (natural) strat for some time.

Currently own a Squier (Korea 1996 Anniversary) quite good comparing to the new ones but I think I'm gonna pull out the hardware and electronics and put itto the new one biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 14 2013, 08:53 AM
Learning Roadie
I'll give pics of mine

James Tyler Buring Water 2K

and my main acoustic

Bourgeois Custom Slope D

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 15 2013, 12:40 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jun 14 2013, 07:46 AM) *
I see You got some true classic in Your rig smile.gif Lately I have some strat period - seems like there is nothing like true single coil, 21/22 frets and the neck tone with lower gain but nice treble end...yamiiii:D I don't suppose I'll buy a Fender but I've got a local guy Who makes guitars for fun and his results are amazing comparing to the prices he requests smile.gif If everything goes ok I'll be happy owner of fully made of Ash, no painting (natural) strat for some time.

Currently own a Squier (Korea 1996 Anniversary) quite good comparing to the new ones but I think I'm gonna pull out the hardware and electronics and put itto the new one biggrin.gif

Yea, my tastes have changes over the years. There was a time that I I would not want a Fender strat... but now I really dig the woody tones in the neck and versatility with the tone, volume knobs, and 5-position pickup switch. I actually rather play leads with it over my Les Paul most of the time. I grew up more with more high-octane metal stuff and was always into EMG 81/85 on mid-price ranged ESP and Ibanez's guitars but I felt they always lacked tone when you wanted to dial it down a bit with some mild OD or just a classic blues sound.

The Classic vibe Tele I bought recently with the Alinco III pickups and pine wood body is a very nice guitar. I always had a low opinion of Squier from reputation but was really surprised with this one. The tone is really warm and pleasant in the neck and the bridge is bright and twangy. Sounds like the real deal to me with out the higher price tag. Cosmetically it doesn't look as good as a American Tele but that doesn't bother me too much.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 17 2013, 01:25 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Attached ImageI use a mesa boogie mini rectifier through a mesa 212 closed back cab, really into fenders and gibsons, play mostly my traditional lp, and my fender select strat

This post has been edited by dcz702: Jun 17 2013, 01:32 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 17 2013, 06:46 AM
Instructor
Mate, are those Strats the same? I love the finish! I am not a Strat dude, but I would get one with that finish laugh.gif

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 17 2013, 08:19 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 17 2013, 05:46 AM) *
Mate, are those Strats the same? I love the finish! I am not a Strat dude, but I would get one with that finish laugh.gif

Lol yea there all the same, all hss. The only ones I planned on keeping is the brown one with black pick guard, i keep it tuned half step down. and the one shown next to the les Paul, in standard tuning. The other is a 1960 reissue that I got for a really good price used and couldn't pass it up. I'm going to sell it hopefully for more than I payed. I'm going to use the money twords a shecter blackjack sls.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 17 2013, 10:46 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Vox AC4 + Ibanez 2570 cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Jun 17 2013, 12:39 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Jun 17 2013, 09:19 AM) *
Lol yea there all the same, all hss. The only ones I planned on keeping is the brown one with black pick guard, i keep it tuned half step down. and the one shown next to the les Paul, in standard tuning. The other is a 1960 reissue that I got for a really good price used and couldn't pass it up. I'm going to sell it hopefully for more than I payed. I'm going to use the money twords a shecter blackjack sls.

I noticed all your guitars are roughly the same Honey colour!! Will you every go outside that to another colour...Just wondering! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Blister
Jun 17 2013, 12:59 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Is there a story on the scorched Fender amp? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Amp360 @ May 31 2013, 07:03 PM) *
When I play electric I either like a 58-60 Gibson Les Paul Standard or a cool old Fender but I usually always use the old Fender amps.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 17 2013, 01:49 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Jun 17 2013, 11:39 AM) *
I noticed all your guitars are roughly the same Honey colour!! Will you every go outside that to another colour...Just wondering! smile.gif

Yea they all do look very similar. When i got them it wasnt really about the color it was more a good deal for a used guitar smile.gif , except for the redish strat i bout that one new. I got my eye on a schecter the black gun metal one or the dark blue. biggrin.gif. I need a more metal guitar.

+Quote Post
Amp360
Jun 17 2013, 06:10 PM
The Fender amp is not scorched. It's a pretty rare Deluxe. It was made in 1949 and although the TV front Deluxe was made for a few years this one has the horizontal tweed as opposed to the tweed being on a bias, as later ones were.

I bought this one on ebay a few years ago for about $400. It worked fine but had been painted black and had a replaced speaker and grill cloth. I managed to get a lot of the paint off. What looks scorched is just what remains of the black paint.

--------------------
company contact
www.sparkletune.com
https://www.facebook.com/sparkletune
https://twitter.com/sparkletune1

my personal blog:
www.tanpants.net

thank you to john at GMC for inviting me to join this forum

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 17 2013, 08:02 PM
Very cool ebay score!

*I'm still curious about the Tele custom with the amp logo in the bout - ? A custom was my first alleged 'good' electric guitar (it was actually a giant POS from '77).

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jun 17 2013, 09:33 PM

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Jun 17 2013, 09:51 PM
My main guitar is a Suhr Modern custom, and my main amp is a Kemper Profiler. Lovely sounds smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 18 2013, 08:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Jun 17 2013, 07:19 AM) *

Uh oh, sounds like a pity to sell them... sad.gif I don't know how they sound but they sure look beautiful. Why the Schecter?

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jun 18 2013, 08:32 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jun 13 2013, 07:18 PM) *

Scalloped neck on that Malmsteen Strat? I have only had the chance to try a scalloped neck once , but I really really loved it! smile.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jun 13 2013, 11:46 PM) *
seems like there is nothing like true single coil, 21/22 frets and the neck tone with lower gain but nice treble end...yamiiii:D

+1 !!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 18 2013, 09:03 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 18 2013, 07:12 AM) *
Uh oh, sounds like a pity to sell them... sad.gif I don't know how they sound but they sure look beautiful. Why the Schecter?

Im only gonna sell the 1960 strat, keeping all the others smile.gif I think I'm gonna go with schecter cause I wanted a guitar for drop tunings, and I've read a lot of good reviews on schecters and read some history on them, I've played a few and thought they felt and sounded good. I especially like the history schecter has, if anyone one like to check it out here's a short history of the company..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schecter_Guitar_Research

I'm most likely gonna set it up a step and a half down, I've never really played guitars that dropped it would be cool if I can use it to occasionally tune further down to "B" and up to drop "C" then back to 1 1/2 down. How would you set this up and what gauge string would you use to be able to play these 3 diff tunings smile.gif

This post has been edited by dcz702: Jun 18 2013, 09:05 AM

+Quote Post
Amp360
Jun 18 2013, 06:58 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 17 2013, 07:02 PM) *
Very cool ebay score!

*I'm still curious about the Tele custom with the amp logo in the bout - ? A custom was my first alleged 'good' electric guitar (it was actually a giant POS from '77).

I bought that a long time ago. It's a '73 and it's a really great guitar. I have older Teles and CS ones but this one sounds great. The Pre-1974 ones with the staggered pole pieces and light weight bodies are fantastic guitars. When the poles got flat and they got heavy not so much.

I put the logo on there in maybe 1990. I think I paid $500 for it, which was about what a new American Standard cost at that time.

--------------------
company contact
www.sparkletune.com
https://www.facebook.com/sparkletune
https://twitter.com/sparkletune1

my personal blog:
www.tanpants.net

thank you to john at GMC for inviting me to join this forum

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jun 18 2013, 07:15 PM
Bleh, I have more of a budget setup tongue.gif don't kill me please ;o

Amp: Fernandes FA-10 Modified (my little practice amp), and a handmade (by my dad) amp with four huge speakers and built-in overdrive (yeah I don't know how my dad does it, he just makes things that I wouldn't ever think possible).

Effects: Boss DS-1 pedal, Zoom G1N effects processor.

Recording Equipment: VSTs (Guitar Rig 4, Poulin plugins and amplitube among others), REAPER, direct line-in to PC's sound card, regular speakers nothing special.

Guitars:

From left to right:
I don't know what make that guitar is, but I got it used for a pretty cheap price. Plays well for rhythm, but the floyd is unstable on it so no whammy for it.
ESP M-II, my latest guitar and my main for metal/rock biggrin.gif I'm in love with this beauty smile.gif
Handmade, this is my main for anything not metal/rock smile.gif I don't think I can let go off this one. Its pretty heavily modded by myself, I even did all the electronic stuff on it myself.

So yeah, nothing special, but this is my "setup" and it makes me real happy whenever I pick up any of my guitars smile.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:22 AM