Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 15 2013, 01:55 AM
Post #161

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 12 2013, 04:23 AM) *
Hehe - Gabe, I see that you are slowly getting bewitched wink.gif I was in the same situation as you in the beginning - 'I will use them as an alternative' but somehow, I am only using them now laugh.gif

This is true, I'm becoming addict. I am also very scared of losing my favourite one. I'm all the time paying attention where I put it because we all know about the "loosing the picks" phenomenon that the guitarists suffer.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 15 2013, 08:02 AM
Post #162

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 15 2013, 12:55 AM) *
This is true, I'm becoming addict. I am also very scared of losing my favourite one. I'm all the time paying attention where I put it because we all know about the "loosing the picks" phenomenon that the guitarists suffer.

Now that they are colored - the new ones I am about to receive are black and white, they will be easy to spot on the carpet, which is grey biggrin.gif I hope tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 15 2013, 02:32 PM
Post #163

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 15 2013, 04:02 AM) *
Now that they are colored - the new ones I am about to receive are black and white, they will be easy to spot on the carpet, which is grey biggrin.gif I hope tongue.gif

hehehe that's a good trick. mines are black.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 16 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #164

Instructor
Group Icon

Trying them on a banjo up here in the mountains biggrin.gif I have a story to tell of course - check out the Practice room a bit latter on wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 16 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #165

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

I actually tried one on my Mandolin the other day and liked it quite a bit!!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 16 2013, 10:46 AM) *
Trying them on a banjo up here in the mountains biggrin.gif I have a story to tell of course - check out the Practice room a bit latter on wink.gif

I wanted to take a moment to congratulation Vonhotch on the WILD success of his pick line smile.gif Also huge props to the entire GMC family for supporting one of our own!!!

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 17 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #166

Instructor
Group Icon

Well, they work just as well on a banjo - things are a bit difficult because of the string tension and the high action. Got a bit of work on my hands because of this and since it's not mine, I can't tweak it sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Headbanger
post Oct 17 2013, 05:24 PM
Post #167

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.478

I have been using Vonhotches on my acoustic guitar and they make it sound brighter and better..it rings nicely now...its solved something that has been bugging me for a while. I was jamming last night with acoustic guitars at my friends house around the corner and he borrowed one of my precious Vonhotch picks and liked it so much he pretended not to find it when I was leaving. Of course I now have it back laugh.gif (I had to kill my friend first) ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by Headbanger: Oct 17 2013, 05:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 18 2013, 03:57 AM
Post #168

Group Icon

Point him to vonhotch.com smile.gif Von can make him some special picks just for himself!!! That way he won't have to "borrow" yours smile.gif

I keep mine under lock and key!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Oct 17 2013, 12:24 PM) *
I have been using Vonhotches on my acoustic guitar and they make it sound brighter and better..it rings nicely now...its solved something that has been bugging me for a while. I was jamming last night with acoustic guitars at my friends house around the corner and he borrowed one of my precious Vonhotch picks and liked it so much he pretended not to find it when I was leaving. Of course I now have it back laugh.gif (I had to kill my friend first) ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 18 2013, 05:42 PM
Post #169

Instructor
Group Icon

Oh man... I showed my friends with which I am playing tonight one of my VH picks - they were all astounded - my... a metal pick? How does that sound... Let's see... OH! OH! And you all know the story after the 'OH's laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 19 2013, 02:26 AM
Post #170

Group Icon

Here are some Pics of Picks!!! I'm working with VON on a "Signature" line for Shreddy folks and such smile.gif The thinner ones seem to work AMAZINGLY well on my 6 string since they have nearly Zero FLex/Bend. I used to use a 1.5 acetyl clayton or Vpick since it took that thickness to reduce flex. These are made of Metal so you can get stiff picks without the need for extra thickness! smile.gif

The one in the middle works AMAZING on my 7 String. The extra heft really helps the pick feel balanced even on heavy strings like the LOW B. The weight of the pick acts as a counter balance reducing hand fatigue smile.gif

The BIG MONSTER works great on my 8 String!!!!! Same reasons as the middle pick but scaled up for the LOW F#.

Tedious Disclaimer

***Owning/Using these picks does not guarantee you magic/instant shredding ability. smile.gif You'll still need to practice!!

WHEW!!!! Saved severals responses in on go!! So there's that settled smile.gif On to the pictures!!!!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 19 2013, 02:27 AM
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 19 2013, 09:06 AM
Post #171

Instructor
Group Icon

Congrats on the new line of shred mini machines Todd and VH biggrin.gif How will they be called? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 21 2013, 05:29 AM
Post #172

Group Icon

They already had a name which is handy smile.gif They are called the OCTAVIOUS line. I"m trying to decide on a the variables for one certain pick. The trouble I'm having is that I like a different version of the Octavious depending on which guitar I'm playing. I"m really liking this new thin one for 6 string, the original middle one for 7 and the HUGE one for 8 string smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 19 2013, 04:06 AM) *
Congrats on the new line of shred mini machines Todd and VH biggrin.gif How will they be called? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 21 2013, 01:00 PM
Post #173

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 21 2013, 04:29 AM) *
They already had a name which is handy smile.gif They are called the OCTAVIOUS line. I"m trying to decide on a the variables for one certain pick. The trouble I'm having is that I like a different version of the Octavious depending on which guitar I'm playing. I"m really liking this new thin one for 6 string, the original middle one for 7 and the HUGE one for 8 string smile.gif

Todd

Why not create a special all around pack wink.gif I mean they could be sold separately or in two pairs combined - that could make a really new sort of package for picks designed for the multi instrument owner that needs a special touch for each of his babies smile.gif That's how I see it.

VH - if you are reading this - what's your opinion mate?

BTW - I just received the new picks biggrin.gif Awesomeness, now I can't decide which one I like best! laugh.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
vonhotch
post Oct 21 2013, 01:57 PM
Post #174

Member No.: 15.741

I love how they make my acoustic sound also. Mine is all Koa and Mahogany, and is a bit darker sounding which I like and the picks compliment it well.

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Oct 17 2013, 04:24 PM) *

I like this idea, I was actually thinking the same thing reading this. An extended range shredders pack would be awesome. Todd knows exactly what he wants in a pick and we just about have it nailed down. Should be pretty awesome!!!!!! I'm really excited to unleash it.

I'm glad they made it. The difference between material is subtle, but there is some. Looking forward to your thoughts on them, now that you know which is which. smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 21 2013, 12:00 PM) *
Why not create a special all around pack wink.gif I mean they could be sold separately or in two pairs combined - that could make a really new sort of package for picks designed for the multi instrument owner that needs a special touch for each of his babies smile.gif That's how I see it.

VH - if you are reading this - what's your opinion mate?

BTW - I just received the new picks biggrin.gif Awesomeness, now I can't decide which one I like best! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 21 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #175

Group Icon

I think that's a BRILLIANT IDEA Cosmin!!!! And VonHotch is psychic as he thought it as well!! Never even occurred to me but BINGO!!!!!

So it could be a Single for each
6string Version, 7 String Version, 8 String Version or the ARMAGEDDON Pack with all three smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Oct 21 2013, 08:57 AM) *
I love how they make my acoustic sound also. Mine is all Koa and Mahogany, and is a bit darker sounding which I like and the picks compliment it well.

I like this idea, I was actually thinking the same thing reading this. An extended range shredders pack would be awesome. Todd knows exactly what he wants in a pick and we just about have it nailed down. Should be pretty awesome!!!!!! I'm really excited to unleash it.

I'm glad they made it. The difference between material is subtle, but there is some. Looking forward to your thoughts on them, now that you know which is which. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 22 2013, 08:41 AM
Post #176

Instructor
Group Icon

Well, creating a great design for the package could also be a great idea biggrin.gif VH - have you thought about creating a package design/artwork that describes each pick type as close to perfection as possible? I would see a cartoonish style approach on this idea - something that illustrates the name of the pick biggrin.gif What do you think?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 22 2013, 08:56 AM
Post #177

Group Icon

That's also a great idea smile.gif You are on a roll Cos!!!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 22 2013, 03:41 AM) *
Well, creating a great design for the package could also be a great idea biggrin.gif VH - have you thought about creating a package design/artwork that describes each pick type as close to perfection as possible? I would see a cartoonish style approach on this idea - something that illustrates the name of the pick biggrin.gif What do you think?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 22 2013, 09:37 AM
Post #178

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 22 2013, 07:56 AM) *
That's also a great idea smile.gif You are on a roll Cos!!!

Let's just say I am doing this pretty much often laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
vonhotch
post Oct 22 2013, 06:05 PM
Post #179

Member No.: 15.741

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 22 2013, 07:41 AM) *

That has been in the back of my mind. I have also been thinking about giving the picks their own brand name, and not lump everything I do now or will do under "The Art of Von Hotch". Keep art and picks and anything else in seperate areas. Then come up with more of a logo that represents the name and brand, and maybe some individual packaging.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 23 2013, 12:36 AM
Post #180

Group Icon

Practice makes perfect, even with business! smile.gif I appreciate how you balance music and biz. It's a really tough balance to pull of gracefully.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 22 2013, 04:37 AM) *
Let's just say I am doing this pretty much often laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 05:07 AM