2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's Your All Time Favorite Live Performance?
DeGroot
post Jun 16 2013, 04:12 AM
Post #21

Experienced Guitar Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.899

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Jun 15 2013, 04:23 PM) *
Yes it was an amazing day. Out of interest as you mentioned price nowadays, I looked it up..It was only 30 quid..I just found a ticket for sale at a rock memorabilia site for 40 quid... I've still got mine somewhere... laugh.gif I'd be cheeky to ask for my money back plus a tenner! smile.gif I'll give it to my kids.
http://www.rockpopmem.com/Paul-McCartney-a...nesis/65010.htm

That puts it in perspective a bit. If someone might be willing to pay for a stub that is over the original ticket value. smile.gif

It is more special to pass on the memorabilia rather than to make a couple bucks on.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
post Jun 16 2013, 12:25 PM
Post #22

Experienced Tone Seeker

Member No.: 14.292

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Jun 15 2013, 05:23 PM) *
Yes it was an amazing day. Out of interest as you mentioned price nowadays, I looked it up..It was only 30 quid..I just found a ticket for sale at a rock memorabilia site for 40 quid... I've still got mine somewhere... laugh.gif I'd be cheeky to ask for my money back plus a tenner! smile.gif I'll give it to my kids.
http://www.rockpopmem.com/Paul-McCartney-a...nesis/65010.htm

I didnt know there was such a market for old ticket stubbs!
I went to see WASP and Warlock in the late 80s, I had a look for the ticket stubb on ebay and for the gig I went to at the Edinburgh Playhouse the face value of the ticket was £5.00 ohmy.gif

My favourite live gig though would be the first time I saw Alice Cooper live. The constrictor tour. It was amazing, he had the Guillotine, the snake, monsters, jason vorhees..... all the usual alice cooper 'toys'.

Another amazing gig was when I saw The Damned. It was a tiny venue, small stage and they just played amazingly well.

This post has been edited by bleez: Jun 16 2013, 12:26 PM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Headbanger
post Jun 16 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #23

GMC:er

Member No.: 17.478

QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 16 2013, 01:25 PM) *
I didnt know there was such a market for old ticket stubbs!
I went to see WASP and Warlock in the late 80s, I had a look for the ticket stubb on ebay and for the gig I went to at the Edinburgh Playhouse the face value of the ticket was £5.00 ohmy.gif

If I remember rightly, a fiver in the late 80's couldn't buy you many pints...so that was a bargain! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MikeyMayhem
post Jun 18 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 18.212

I'd love to see bands like Motorhead, Motley Crue, KISS, and a big handful of others play. Hopefully someday soon!! Looks like all of you seen some amazing shows for sure!

--------------------

Gear: Ibanez RX-170 Lefty w/ Seymour Duncan Blackout PUs
Ibanez SG Series Lefty Bass
Peavey VK-100 Half Stack
Boss ME-70 Processor
MXR 10-band EQ, Fullbore Metal Distortion, and Classic OD

+Quote Post
wollace03
post Jun 18 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 5.590

wow..tough question..
definitely my first Iron Maiden Concert "seventh tour of a seventh tour" in Innsbruck in 1988 and many maiden concerts that followed..

then there was the superrock in 1989 in mannheim: headliner: whitesnake with steve vai

and a dream theater gig in wels in austria years ago when they were not too well know in a rather small place together with fates warning and a meeting and beer drinking after the gig....

in the last years I think the bruce springsteen up to 4 hours shows in vienna were quite amazing.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 19 2013, 09:09 AM
Post #26

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

Hehe, I'll go see Iron Maiden for the first time in my life on the 24th of July, here in Bucharest!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2017 - 04:12 AM