> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Petelucifersangels Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 15 2013, 07:12 PM
Post #1

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hi PeteLucifersAngels!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not really just kidding... )

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeteLucifersAnge...
post Jun 16 2013, 12:50 PM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.148

Hi Gab, i am 18 years and have been playing for around 4 and a half years, without taking any guitar lessons except for on the internet on sites as youtube and GMC. My musical taste is very wide but i have always been a huge metal fan. Some of my favorite metal bands is stuff like death, Gojira, Hatesphere Exodus, Iron Maiden, Sabbath and in general that kind of music (death metal, Thrash Metal, Groove metal etc.). I'm also a lot into prog rock and metal like pink floyd, Genesis, Yes, Porcupine Tree, Tool, Dream Theater, Resistor and Resistor, asnd ofcause art rock like muse, The Protomen and Radiohead.
As for myself i play a lot of different music but i am mainly playing in a Groove metal band atm, where we are two guitarists sharing rythm and lead. I also work on a melodic death metal solo project atm and plays in an acoustic cover band.
Some of my favorite guitar players is Chuck Shuldiner, John Petrucci, David Gilmour, Niel Zaza and Slash.
My Rythm playing is pretty solid, but my soloing is what i am not satisfied with. First of my technique is bad. I need to learn to use vibrato, need to practice my bending, build up speed and synchronize my left and right hands. The only soloing technique that i'm half way good at is tapping.
I don't have many new videos but here is a couple of, and i will upload some soloing videos later when i got time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeDRTF0rR_0 (my melodic solo Project)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vHQo_n0cz0 (old original song)

+Quote Post
PeteLucifersAnge...
post Jun 16 2013, 03:04 PM
Post #3

Learning Roadie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa9MknUjBmM A bit of soloing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAVlNatwGtA Some riffs i wrote for my Groove metal band

Both videos are private so if you have any problems with watching them let me know.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 16 2013, 11:39 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi man! Thanks for your info and videos. I couldn't see the private ones, you should set them as unlisted or something like that. I would really like to see you playing some melodic passages to see how you react to bending, vibrato, dynamics and then obviously work on Alternate Picking and Sweep Picking for gaining speed. I think that this is a very good lesson for starting our job:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/guitar_loves_piano/

Please work on it and try to also get a tone close to this one. Feeling and tone is everything if you want to master this Petrucci style melodic piece, so concentrate on it. You will also find that keeping a tight timing is tricky when you just have a piano as the backing track.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PeteLucifersAnge...
post Jun 17 2013, 01:27 AM
Post #5

Learning Roadie

I changed the settings on the videos, and will be looking at the lesson tomorrow, it's getting pretty late here.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 17 2013, 03:08 PM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Thanks! Now the videos are working and I could notice what you mean about your soloing! Let's start working with the lesson that I shared.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PeteLucifersAnge...
post Jun 17 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #7

Learning Roadie

Here is what i have achieved from practicing the lesson today, i know that it is far from perfect yet, but it is what has come out of todays practice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4mQrd6YpM
I hope it gives you a picture of what we have to work with at the moments and what i need to practice smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 18 2013, 12:38 AM
Post #8

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi mate! Thanks for being that fast! This take clearly shows the aspects that we have to work. Your vibrato needs to be reviewed. When you play vibrato, you have to start the movement from your wrist, not just your finger (the same happens with bending) The movement should be more natural, first you have to make the note sound and then add the vibrato as a part of the note.

Check the first part of this video. Here, Satch shows how the movement for bending and vibrato should be, and gives an easy but very effective exercise for it.

Please check out this lesson. There is very useful info about vibrato. Practice it and record a take as soon as you feel that you are starting to master it:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

and for bending we will use this lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...String-Bending/

then we will get back to the guitar loves piano lesson.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PeteLucifersAnge...
post Jun 20 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #9

Learning Roadie

In the video with Bens vibrato techniques, he bends the string down, which for some reason doesn't really work for me, so would it be wrong if i instead bended the string up? I find it way more comfortable

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 20 2013, 03:28 PM
Post #10

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (PeteLucifersAngels @ Jun 20 2013, 08:24 AM) *
In the video with Bens vibrato techniques, he bends the string down, which for some reason doesn't really work for me, so would it be wrong if i instead bended the string up? I find it way more comfortable

Hi mate, it's the same, but it would be great if you practice to be able to bend down too. When you want to bend strings 5 and 6, you will notice that it's better to bend the string down.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PeteLucifersAnge...
post Jul 8 2013, 03:03 PM
Post #11

Learning Roadie

I'm Sorry that i haven't posted anything yet, i have just been at Roskilde Festival the whole last week and more, listening to some great and inspiring music, i will continue the practice now smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jul 8 2013, 04:02 PM
Post #12

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (PeteLucifersAngels @ Jul 8 2013, 11:03 AM) *
I'm Sorry that i haven't posted anything yet, i have just been at Roskilde Festival the whole last week and more, listening to some great and inspiring music, i will continue the practice now smile.gif

Ok! Thanks for notifying! Who played there??

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PeteLucifersAnge...
post Jul 9 2013, 03:22 PM
Post #13

Learning Roadie

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 8 2013, 03:02 PM) *
Ok! Thanks for notifying! Who played there??

Alot of great bands in different genres. Metallica, Slipknot, Kreator, Solbrud, Of Monsters And Men, Airbourne, Rihanah, Kraftwerk, Sigur Ros, Queens of the stone age just to name a few smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jul 9 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #14

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (PeteLucifersAngels @ Jul 9 2013, 11:22 AM) *
Alot of great bands in different genres. Metallica, Slipknot, Kreator, Solbrud, Of Monsters And Men, Airbourne, Rihanah, Kraftwerk, Sigur Ros, Queens of the stone age just to name a few smile.gif

Wou! Lots of killer bands! It's great to go to those type of festivals. You learn a lot and you get back home very motivated.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PeteLucifersAnge...
post Jul 12 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #15

Learning Roadie

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 9 2013, 07:02 PM) *
Wou! Lots of killer bands! It's great to go to those type of festivals. You learn a lot and you get back home very motivated.

It sure is! I especially heard some new upcoming bands that inspired me a lot, mainly a band called Navneløs, they played some of the most wonderful music i have ever heard, and it is very different and experimenting. you should check them out even though they sing on Danish! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCLWe32Kkkc
Btw, it is very hard for me to get the motion for the vibrato right, but i feel like i have come a little bit further. even though you probably shouldn't expect a video right now.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jul 13 2013, 12:57 AM
Post #16

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (PeteLucifersAngels @ Jul 12 2013, 08:33 AM) *
It sure is! I especially heard some new upcoming bands that inspired me a lot, mainly a band called Navneløs, they played some of the most wonderful music i have ever heard, and it is very different and experimenting. you should check them out even though they sing on Danish! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCLWe32Kkkc
Btw, it is very hard for me to get the motion for the vibrato right, but i feel like i have come a little bit further. even though you probably shouldn't expect a video right now.

Hi Pete! Thanks a lot for sharing that link! I'm listening to it right now. I love discovering new music so feel free to share more bands that you discovered! smile.gif

Good to know that slowly your vibrato technique is getting better. Be patient, work hard and please share here your progress to let me give you feedback.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2017 - 03:56 PM