> Pod Hd 500 Reboot Issue
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 19 2013, 06:03 PM
Post #1

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hey guys! It's been a while since I have been experimenting issues with my pod. It started to do a reboot loop all the time. It just showed "line 6 intro" an then reboot. I thought that it was a power supply issue, I sent it to the engineer who always repairs my gear. He called me today an he said that it wasn't a power issue and he said that it should be something regarding the system. I started a forums search and I finally discovered this interesting post with the solution!

http://line6.com/support/thread/77653

I called the engineer again, he tried it and now it's working! I'm so happy! smile.gif

I wanted to share this here to make all the GMC pod users know about this issue.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jun 19 2013, 06:11 PM
Post #2

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.265

Thanx for this Gab. I am having an issue with my cracking and lagging when I switch out of the tune mode. It is not a quick transition, it takes about 20 to 30 seconds of crackling and latency.

Drives me nuts.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 19 2013, 07:06 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 19 2013, 02:11 PM) *
Thanx for this Gab. I am having an issue with my cracking and lagging when I switch out of the tune mode. It is not a quick transition, it takes about 20 to 30 seconds of crackling and latency.

Drives me nuts.

Check if it's not a drivers or updates issue. Make a search there at Line 6 forum because there is always another user with the same issue than you! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jun 29 2013, 02:47 AM
Post #4

Well crap - I unplugged the USB to mine, moved the unit 2 feet over to make room for my drum kit, and now the USB out is not showing in my computer! Tried different cords and different ports on the computer too - nothing.

Been looking all over and this seems to not be an isolated problem, but no easy fix.

I called a service center - I would have to ship it, then a $50 minimum diagnosis, then $100/hour to fix - not including parts, so potentially I could have to spend $300 to fix a $500 unit that I paid $400 for.

I'm sick over this.

I'd rather just get a Line6 USB footswitch to control the sounds in the computer then spend all the money it would take to fix this thing. I guess I could attempt to take it apart and fix it myself with a new USB port - but that is not my line of expertise.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 29 2013, 04:59 AM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 28 2013, 10:47 PM) *
Well crap - I unplugged the USB to mine, moved the unit 2 feet over to make room for my drum kit, and now the USB out is not showing in my computer! Tried different cords and different ports on the computer too - nothing.

Been looking all over and this seems to not be an isolated problem, but no easy fix.

I called a service center - I would have to ship it, then a $50 minimum diagnosis, then $100/hour to fix - not including parts, so potentially I could have to spend $300 to fix a $500 unit that I paid $400 for.

I'm sick over this.

I'd rather just get a Line6 USB footswitch to control the sounds in the computer then spend all the money it would take to fix this thing. I guess I could attempt to take it apart and fix it myself with a new USB port - but that is not my line of expertise.

oh, that's so bad. I'm sorry of hearing this man. sad.gif have you tried re installing drivers? or using another computer?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jun 29 2013, 07:46 AM
Post #6

Unfortunately to reinstall the drivers the HD500 has to communicate with the computer and you do it from Gear Monkey - so the USB is not communicating either in or out.

I wrote to the Line6 tech support gods - hoping they will have mercy on me.

This post has been edited by Spock: Jun 29 2013, 07:47 AM

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jul 4 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #7

Well - my Pod HD 500 is now in about 100 pieces. I hoped I could easily take it apart to replace the USB I/O, but had to take the entire motherboard out to get to it. Now I have 5 bags of screws that go into different places, and 6 washers that fell out and I don't know where they originated from - ALL FOR A $3 REPLACEMENT PART!!!

Also, I will have to melt the solder and resolder the new piece in - and I have never done that before in my life. First time for everything I guess.

The thought of spending $300 to fix a $499 unit does not sit well with me, I'd rather buy a brand new one.

Anyway, I'll let you know just how bad I screw it up. Until then, I'm going to attempt using my Marshall JVM for direct and hoping to copy Ben's settings - if I can achieve his tone, I may never use the Pod again anyway.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jul 4 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #8

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Spock @ Jul 4 2013, 09:40 AM) *
Well - my Pod HD 500 is now in about 100 pieces. I hoped I could easily take it apart to replace the USB I/O, but had to take the entire motherboard out to get to it. Now I have 5 bags of screws that go into different places, and 6 washers that fell out and I don't know where they originated from - ALL FOR A $3 REPLACEMENT PART!!!

Also, I will have to melt the solder and resolder the new piece in - and I have never done that before in my life. First time for everything I guess.

The thought of spending $300 to fix a $499 unit does not sit well with me, I'd rather buy a brand new one.

Anyway, I'll let you know just how bad I screw it up. Until then, I'm going to attempt using my Marshall JVM for direct and hoping to copy Ben's settings - if I can achieve his tone, I may never use the Pod again anyway.

I hate when devices are made like this.. it should be easier to reach the different parts in case you have to fix them.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2017 - 05:21 PM