> E.r.g. (extended Range Guitars) Only Thread
Todd Simpson
post Sep 12 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #41

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

The RG228 is a fine guitar smile.gif Just make sure to play one and play a fanned fret for comparison if at all possible before making the final call wink.gif I bought my RG8 before I knew much about "scale length" and figured out the hard way that some 8 strings have TONS of string tension making them a pinch less "expressive" IMHO. Great for dent, but less so for subtle vibrato and lead work.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 11 2013, 07:04 PM) *
I definitely will, but only so when I get closer to having the funds, I think. Or maybe I'll go there once in a while to keep me inspired! I've been thinking about the RG2228 in white. Looks so darn cute! tongue.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Sep 13 2013, 08:30 AM
Post #42

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.298

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 12 2013, 10:19 PM) *
The RG228 is a fine guitar smile.gif Just make sure to play one and play a fanned fret for comparison if at all possible before making the final call wink.gif I bought my RG8 before I knew much about "scale length" and figured out the hard way that some 8 strings have TONS of string tension making them a pinch less "expressive" IMHO. Great for djent, but less so for subtle vibrato and lead work.

I definitely will as we get closer to some not-set-yet date in a years time. I have my other guitars for more subtle stuff, so it's all cool! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 1 2013, 09:09 PM
Post #43

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Check this one out. "Lace Burl" wood from STRICTLY 7 GUITARS. They make some amazing axes. They did have some issues a while back when they started growing faster than they could build but they seem back on track and are building some killer instruments. I have an 8 string Cobra with Lundgren Pickups that's just a BEAST!!!

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2017 - 01:43 PM