6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Got A Question? Get A Video Response!, Sometimes reading just isn't enough...
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 7 2013, 05:33 PM
Instructor
Hey there guys and gals and welcome to Quick Video Responses thread!

Post any guitar/music related question in this thread and I guarantee you a video response within 24 hours!

This thread is dedicated to you: write down your question and I will get back to you with a video response. If you don't feel like sharing your question in public, feel free to send it to me via private message.

Super-novice-absolute-beginner questions are particularly welcome wink.gif

Looking forward to your questions!

/Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 7 2013, 05:36 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Awesome idea Cosmin!
I really enjoyed your video responses in our thread so far, sometimes a demonstration is better than 1.000 written words.

At the moment, I don't have a question though smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 7 2013, 05:37 PM
Instructor
No problem mate! Put'em'ere when ya got'em biggrin.gif Glad to hear I could help out smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nether
Aug 7 2013, 07:19 PM
GMC:er
You have opened Pandora's Box laugh.gif

I've been working on shuffle rhythm and i got a few questions:

1) Should i practice it with a regular metronome or with a backingtrack with the drums in a shuffle feeling?
2) I have problems changing between straight and shuffle and vice versa. Should i practice with a metronome changing between both or is something that will come with time if i keep practicing shuffle (and straight of course).
3) What happens to shuffle when you increase speed? Is there a limit or is it possible to play with shuffle feeling even at 300bpm? ohmy.gif
4) What are your general impressions on the subject? biggrin.gif

Thanks

This post has been edited by Nether: Aug 7 2013, 07:20 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 7 2013, 08:19 PM
Instructor
You hit one of my favorite subjects - stay close and I'll be recording the little vid for ya biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 7 2013, 09:57 PM
Instructor
Hello my funk loving brother!

1) Should i practice it with a regular metronome or with a backingtrack with the drums in a shuffle feeling?
2) I have problems changing between straight and shuffle and vice versa. Should i practice with a metronome changing between both or is something that will come with time if i keep practicing shuffle (and straight of course).
3) What happens to shuffle when you increase speed? Is there a limit or is it possible to play with shuffle feeling even at 300bpm?
4) What are your general impressions on the subject?

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Aug 7 2013, 10:12 PM
Great thread Cosmin and fast interesting response! I was thinking about the fastest swing/shuffle that I have heard and its probably been Jazz. I'll think of a question soon! Its very generous to offer a video response. cool.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 7 2013, 10:28 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Awesome idea Cosmin, you're the man smile.gif
Of course, now that I have this chance I can't come up with a single quiestion..
I'll think of something and come back to you smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 7 2013, 10:30 PM
Instructor
Good idea to promote Your style of support smile.gif Indeed You already do this for quite some time biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Aug 7 2013, 11:59 PM
How to write vocal melodies over riffs? Not a chord progression, just riffs (let's say in D minor)?
Thanks in adavance for your reply. smile.gif

This post has been edited by TeoWulf: Aug 7 2013, 11:59 PM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Aug 8 2013, 07:04 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Good Morning , Cosmin !

You are a Good Teacher and this Thread is a Very Good Impulse !

All the Best !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 8 2013, 07:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TeoWulf @ Aug 7 2013, 10:59 PM) *
How to write vocal melodies over riffs? Not a chord progression, just riffs (let's say in D minor)?

Hey Teo - stay tuned, I got some good hints for ya biggrin.gif

Thanks guys, glad you like the idea!

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Aug 8 2013, 06:04 AM) *
Good Morning , Cosmin !

You are a Good Teacher and this Thread is a Very Good Impulse !

All the Best !

Dieter

Thank you very much Dieter!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 8 2013, 07:06 AM

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 8 2013, 07:28 AM
Learning Tone Master
This idea is very good and very useful!!!

It is very nice of you because you thinking how is better for us to understand and repair our issues smile.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Aug 8 2013, 07:35 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 8 2013, 07:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 8 2013, 06:28 AM) *
This idea is very good and very useful!!!

Thank you miss! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 8 2013, 10:20 AM
Instructor
Hey Teo - here we go:

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Aug 8 2013, 11:12 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 8 2013, 09:20 AM) *
Hey Teo - here we go:

Awesome, thank you! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nether
Aug 8 2013, 06:13 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 7 2013, 10:57 PM) *

Thanks man, that was really quick.

Its great to have an example of a song that changes between the two, now i'm listening to it trying to recognize the change (I'm going to become a Pantera fan after all! ).

At the end of the month i'll record my self playing the exercises of chapter 6, which has examples of both shuffle and straight.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 8 2013, 06:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TeoWulf @ Aug 8 2013, 10:12 AM) *
Awesome, thank you! biggrin.gif

wink.gif my pleasure!

QUOTE (Nether @ Aug 8 2013, 05:13 PM) *
Thanks man, that was really quick.

Its great to have an example of a song that changes between the two, now i'm listening to it trying to recognize the change (I'm going to become a Pantera fan after all! ).

At the end of the month i'll record my self playing the exercises of chapter 6, which has examples of both shuffle and straight.

Lucky I had it in mind tongue.gif Well, isn't everyone a Pantera fan??? biggrin.gif Looking forward to see your vids mate!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2013, 07:55 PM
Very Cool Idea!!!! Great responses too!!!! Nice! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 9 2013, 07:36 AM
Instructor
Thank you Todd!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:20 AM