> Experimental Guitar Tones
Taka Perry
post Aug 9 2013, 09:42 AM
Post #1

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 18.500

Hey guys,

Ever since I have begun using my guitar with computers and software plugins, I've realised that there are so many tonal possibilities for guitar, even beyond what we'd normally call as a 'guitar sound'. Basically, I'm talking about really going out of the normal and creating non-guitar like sounds with a guitar. I understand this kind of stuff won't be everybody's cup of tea, but I did a bit of experimentation with guitar sounds. Here is what I came up with:

https://soundcloud.com/taka-perry/sketch-2

Has anyone else got some 'different' guitar tones so far? What are your thoughts about this topic?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Aug 9 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 17.069

I feel like stoned while listening to this biggrin.gif But liek that mood smile.gif Had some fun with weird sounds too smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Aug 9 2013, 02:16 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Hi Taka, thanks for sharing this tune. I really like it, I listened to it 3 times and still want to continue playing it. It sounds fresh, musical and original. I think that you should continue exploring in this direction.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Aug 9 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #4

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

BINGO!! smile.gif Spiff eh? Thats part of what I Love about emulators and plugins. Being able to create way out there tones that don't even sound like a guitar.

Here is a cosmin collab where I used a nearly synth like guitar tone in the first bit. Wads of fx as well reverb/chorus/delay/octaver/detune/compressor/etc.

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Aug 9 2013, 04:42 AM) *
Hey guys,

Ever since I have begun using my guitar with computers and software plugins, I've realised that there are so many tonal possibilities for guitar, even beyond what we'd normally call as a 'guitar sound'. Basically, I'm talking about really going out of the normal and creating non-guitar like sounds with a guitar. I understand this kind of stuff won't be everybody's cup of tea, but I did a bit of experimentation with guitar sounds. Here is what I came up with:

https://soundcloud.com/taka-perry/sketch-2

Has anyone else got some 'different' guitar tones so far? What are your thoughts about this topic?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 03:55 PM