> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Paul Gilbert Riff & Shred, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 4 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

DeGroot
Aug 11 2013, 05:13 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Original lesson: Paul Gilbert Riff & Shred by Ben Higgins

I've been practicing this awesome Gilbert lesson since it was released at GMC. Thanks for comments and suggestions!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 11 2013, 08:53 AM
Instructor
Hey DG! As usual great work man!

I think that as an ensemble, this piece sounds great in your hands, but there are some details which do not allow it to be perfect just yet smile.gif

The tone - due to the fact that Gibson guitars are a bit more nasal in what regards the tone, you should work a bit on it in order to make a bit brighter - but that might be just my opinion smile.gif

Now, some of the fast licks get a bit blurry and I can hear some unwanted notes or missed notes - for instance 0:34 - 0:36

I think you should spend a bit more time to get this one in a flawless shape smile.gif I know you can!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 11 2013, 09:33 AM
Instructor
Now that is one sexy take - I like very much ! cool.gif

Only things that could make it a bit better from my point of view would be if you were able to get the second part of the riff a bit 'chunkier', like 0:13. It's quite difficult to go from a palm muted note on the low E to those chords but just nailing little details like that make rhythm guitar sound so much more aggressive.

The arpeggios at the end had a few minor awkward bits but overall that was a sheer pleasure to listen to, really pleased to someone jumping at it and doing it justice ! Thank you smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 11 2013, 01:56 PM
Instructor
It's obvious that Ben's opinion is a key one in this case smile.gif

There are some little issues mentioned by guys above - It sound very smooth but a bit more to practice around 0:30 - 0:40 sec.

Also (matter of taste) the Gilbert tone is vey scooped and it's a key to those licks to sound very percussive. I see You're working on Your tone smile.gif That's great smile.gif

Of course...it's starts to be borring...Another awesome take... tongue.gif Make something worse someday tongue.gif

Congratulations on well made job! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 12 2013, 12:45 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! Good job on this lesson. It's a very tricky lesson and I think that you still have to give it the last adjustments to be able to play it perfectly. As the other instructors said, there are some issues in the rhythms and also in the faster AP sections. I'm sure that you'll be able to play it perfect if you isolate the trickier parts and practice them for some more time.

Keep on rocking.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 22 2013, 11:20 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:34 AM