> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: 90's Metal Chops, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Patrik Berg
Aug 14 2013, 12:27 AM
GMC:er
Original lesson: 90's Metal Chops by Darius Wave

that last fast run is eluding me still but here is my second take which I hope shows some improvements.

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=49579

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 14 2013, 06:38 AM
Instructor
Hi Patrik, good job on this lesson! I think that it's getting better. Let's talk only about the details that you must improve to make this one a perfect lesson. There are some parts that obviously need some more practice to sound tighter with the drums (the fastest connections between parts) The only downstrokes section, when you play open E string, sound a bit after the bit for some moments. And well, the last idea which is killer.

Keep on working on this lesson, concentrating on these parts and you will surely master it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 14 2013, 08:21 AM
Instructor
Hey Pat, aside for those fast licks, where you need to work a bit more in order to give them the necessary definition, this take is very good! Keep on sharpening it and it will get there - the only difference will be made by the time you spend on it, practicing diligently - but you already know that, right? smile.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 14 2013, 08:24 AM
Instructor
Hey Patrik! I knew this is going to be something good smile.gif Most of the take sound very tight and clean. There are still some very tiny details to work on llike:

0:39 - notes sound muted or a bit separated while tha plan is to make each ring on the other.
0:44 - better than before but still could be a bit more solid with the drums - the timming
0:56 - the A note on the 4th string should be played using slide from G. There is also a very tiny bend at the end (see lesson part 8, last note )

You are very close with that fast lick at the end - it's almost there smile.gif Seems like it took a bit of Your attention because the rhythm just after this lick seems to go a bit out of timming

Anyway...those are details and You playing is still solid with a nice punch and good tone. Well done smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 22 2013, 11:25 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:58 AM