Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marty Freidman Rocks
jstcrsn
post Aug 14 2013, 05:33 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.733

for anyone who has not seen this [url="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Marty-Friedman-Rocks/"] ,Marty did not know he was this good
That being said, Ben= there is now way I can play this to speed, but even more so I can not establish the groove with the slower backing tracks
solution ! #1. an audio file (at full speed)with lead , so I can slow down or
#2 you playing it with a slower backing track
are any of these things possible

sorry , couldn't get that hyper link for bens lesson

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Aug 14 2013, 05:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Aug 15 2013, 12:09 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

Hi cursin ! I don't have the original audio file unfortunately. I lost it along with most of my early GMC lessons...

Which sections in particular are difficult to get the groove of ? Bear in mind that much of the Marty style phrasing doesn't exactly fit in a specific groove over the beat anyway.. it's all about interpretation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
post Aug 15 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 15 2013, 12:09 PM) *
Hi cursin ! I don't have the original audio file unfortunately. I lost it along with most of my early GMC lessons...

Which sections in particular are difficult to get the groove of ? Bear in mind that much of the Marty style phrasing doesn't exactly fit in a specific groove over the beat anyway.. it's all about interpretation.
the whole first half I can play most lick separately at full speed(I think), so when I go to slower backing I am constantly slowing down and speeding upto try to find the groove that I JUST CANT FIND. DDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMM you master Higgins

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Aug 15 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 15 2013, 01:01 PM) *
the whole first half I can play most lick separately at full speed(I think), so when I go to slower backing I am constantly slowing down and speeding upto try to find the groove that I JUST CANT FIND. DDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMM you master Higgins

If you can play the 1st half at (more or less) full speed, how does it feel over the full speed backing track ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
post Aug 15 2013, 09:28 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 15 2013, 02:36 PM) *
If you can play the 1st half at (more or less) full speed, how does it feel over the full speed backing track ?

the second half I can find the groove, I get slightly behind on the 2 fast legatoish runs and need to catch up during the bends(know what needs work). the first half,slow, regular or even the main video= I got nothin, guess I keep runin over it till somethin clicks

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
post Aug 20 2013, 01:58 AM
Post #6

okay, I have been playing (or trying to play) with the main video to find the groove , trying to tap my foot with the beat never finding it, until
, this morning I just went straight to the full speed backing track and it just clicked. don't know if is right with what you did but I keep repeating the same groove . so hopefully after 5 years at Gmc this might be my first rec. project , wait a second , you already got my collab cherry, how do you do that, get 2 cherries from the same person

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Aug 20 2013, 11:33 AM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 20 2013, 01:58 AM) *
, wait a second , you already got my collab cherry, how do you do that, get 2 cherries from the same person

Well, if anyone can do it - I can ph34r.gif

That's great to hear that you've got it clicking !!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 09:17 AM