> Strings With High Durability.
The Uncreator
post Jul 7 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #21

Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.304

I never could get elixirs to last long for any reason, i use Dean Markley Signatures .09 - .42 and they last me about a month or more, but i change them once every 2 weeks or so.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jul 7 2007, 02:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kethcup
post Jul 7 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.115

I had a Charvel once that I could break the Low E string on a frequent basis. It turned out to be burr's in the saddle. I asked a guitar tech and he said just to take some fine sand paper (for metal) and lightly go over the saddle and it will smooth it out. I did do that but it kept coming back.

Then I had taken it in to get it professionally looked at and it ended up being a flaw when they made the guitar. They actually had set the tremolo wrong. Meaning, it was a couple of milimeters off measured from the neck!

What it was doing was putting just enuogh stress on the string saddle and everytime I would bend the string would dig into the saddle all that much more creating burrs faster, hence breaking strings more.

Anyway, I ended up getting a new guitar and tuning the Charvel down to I think it was 'D' at the time and it solved the problem by releaving the stress on the strings.

It's probably not the ending that you want to hear, sorry, but it may be something you want to see if you can get checked?

--------------------

Ketchup

Ibanez Prestige S2170 Electric Guitar
Ibanez Prestige S1620 Electric Guitar
Ibanez RG350MDX Electric Guitar
Jackson Kelly Professional

Boss GT-6 Guitar Floor Processor
Sonar6 Studio Edition

M-Audio BX5-a Studio Monitors

Marshall VS65R Combo Amp

+Quote Post
Robin
post Jul 7 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #23

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.061

Thanks again everyone! I will try to do something about the bridge, and try new strings aswell, dont see how that could hurt smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2017 - 01:46 PM