Andy Timmons Cover (wip) - Electric Gypsy, Feedback wanted :)
SixStringSamurai
Aug 22 2013, 08:12 PM
GMC:er
I think this is the first clip I've posted up for the GMC collective to critique! smile.gif

I'm learning (or trying to learn) Electric Gypsy for an upcoming review of the Ibanez Premium Andy Timmons AT10P. I love the song but it's the first time I've learnt any Andy Timmons stuff. I'm only about halfway through but thought it could use some feedback.

I'm using the AT10P into the S-Gear 2 plugin. I've gotta say, my half arse playing aside, I think the tone sounds AWESOME!

http://soundcloud.com/sixstringsamuraireviews/electric-gypsy-pt1

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Aug 22 2013, 09:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
I think your doing a good job, my only critique would be to finish some of the phrasing as he plays it. The intro melody has these pull then slide down a maj 3rd. Into a power chord. But throughout he has those pull slide sequences that are tricky to hear. The other thing that stuck out was the use of pre bends during the solo. Specifically the half step bend that starts off the descending beautiful run that is near the end of the first solo.

I had a hard time with that first lick and still could use some work. It starts on the and of 1 and has mini phrases and he holds on to a few notes just a lil longer. If you slow it down you'll hear it.

Keep up the good work, can't comment on tone from my phone.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 23 2013, 04:08 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Aug 22 2013, 07:12 PM) *
I think this is the first clip I've posted up for the GMC collective to critique! smile.gif

I'm learning (or trying to learn) Electric Gypsy for an upcoming review of the Ibanez Premium Andy Timmons AT10P. I love the song but it's the first time I've learnt any Andy Timmons stuff. I'm only about halfway through but thought it could use some feedback.

I'm using the AT10P into the S-Gear 2 plugin. I've gotta say, my half arse playing aside, I think the tone sounds AWESOME!

http://soundcloud.com/sixstringsamuraireviews/electric-gypsy-pt1

That is a sweet sounding tone. cool.gif I'm not too familiar with this song but it sounds like you are doing a good job with it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 23 2013, 10:33 AM
Learning Roadie
Tone is pretty damn close, nice playing too

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Aug 23 2013, 10:06 PM
GMC:er
Thanks very much guys smile.gif

Hopefully this weekend I'll find the time to learn the rest! Though, considering the relatively short time frame I have these guitars for (2-3 weeks, which includes time for photography, writeup and making clips) I may just have to resort to some improv in later sections smile.gif

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 26 2013, 08:15 AM
Instructor
Hey mate!

The tone is definitely nice, but as Jim noticed - he plays the song as well and he also did a good job with it - there are some spots in the song which are a bit rigid, in comparison with the original rendition of the tune. Try to focus on those details, such as phrase endings or the roundness of some notes, which matter a lot in Andy's playing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:06 AM