6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Student/teacher Audio Collab., A recording I did this morning.
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 30 2013, 04:47 PM
Post #81

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 30 2013, 07:27 AM) *
Im not too sure tbh. Im due to book it in for some re-fretting work this week, could really do with new strings as well but due to the re-fretting being imminent Ive just left the old ones on a bit too long. Maybe its something to do with that.

Re-fretting.. hmmm - how long has this guitar been played?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
post Sep 30 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #82

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.292

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 30 2013, 04:47 PM) *
Re-fretting.. hmmm - how long has this guitar been played?

well I bought it new in 1990 and Ive only ever had frets 1 to 5 re-fretted! the rest are all original gibson frets, but in my defence I dont think Ive ever played as much as I have in the 18 months.
frets 9 and 14 are awful at the moment. Thats why Ive been using wah on everything lately cool.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Sep 30 2013, 09:03 PM
Post #83

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17.069

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 30 2013, 06:35 PM) *
well I bought it new in 1990 and Ive only ever had frets 1 to 5 re-fretted! the rest are all original gibson frets, but in my defence I dont think Ive ever played as much as I have in the 18 months.
frets 9 and 14 are awful at the moment. Thats why Ive been using wah on everything lately cool.gif

What a nasty trick Bleez smile.gif Wah wah for hiding the fret issues ?smile.gif Someone told me once "Turn the wah wah off - it's made for cheating" smile.gif I sang him "get the funk out" by Extreme ...smile.gif)) But hye was probably right at some point - caught a few people who could play some fast runs only with wah wah but Your the most original with masking the frett issues biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
post Sep 30 2013, 09:23 PM
Post #84

Experienced Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 30 2013, 09:03 PM) *
What a nasty trick Bleez smile.gif Wah wah for hiding the fret issues ?smile.gif Someone told me once "Turn the wah wah off - it's made for cheating" smile.gif I sang him "get the funk out" by Extreme ...smile.gif)) But hye was probably right at some point - caught a few people who could play some fast runs only with wah wah but Your the most original with masking the frett issues biggrin.gif

LOL Very true smile.gif It may be the closest thing to an actual 'speed' pedal! ...... but it also sounds cool cool.gif

If only I could wah wah my bends into the correct pitch I would use it twice as much biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blister
post Oct 1 2013, 05:50 AM
Post #85

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 12.141

I know this is late & most likely won't make it into the collab. Sorry sad.gif But I posted it just in case.

I also posted cause I was hoping to get some help. I promise I really tried to get the tuning right. My guitar has been setup. I used a chromatic tuner & not my amp modeler tuner. I even re-tuned multiple times after every few takes (I did a lot of takes!). I tuned at open, 5th fret & 12th. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? unsure.gif

http://soundcloud.com/gary-frampton/p-berg-collab-2

http://soundcloud.com/gary-frampton/p-berg-collab-2-guitar-only

Patrik, thanks again for creating a great backing track! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 1 2013, 07:39 AM
Post #86

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey Gary - I don't think it sounds bad man - maybe the intonation needs to be set up?

Maybe you want to take a look at Marcus's lesson on intonation biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Adjust...ars_Intonation/

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 30 2013, 08:03 PM) *

Heh! biggrin.gif Exactly! There's no cheating in music smile.gif Because it's not a test, nor a competition! What will they do - tell Nuno he cheated when he used a delay pedal to play 'The flight of the Bumblebee'? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 1 2013, 07:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 2 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #87

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey mate - better a little late than never tongue.gif

I threw in a few lines:

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lead_Pat_guitar_only.wav ( 7.08MB ) Number of downloads: 38
Attached File  Lead_Pat.mp3 ( 1.48MB ) Number of downloads: 40

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
post Oct 3 2013, 05:36 AM
Post #88

GMC:er

Member No.: 14.529

Thank you everyone for your fantastic takes, This is now closed and I will be mixing and posting by Sunday. Sorry it's taken so long and that I haven't been posting as much as I should but I've been camping on the Noosa north shore.

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 3 2013, 10:24 AM
Post #89

Instructor
Group Icon

Haha! I made it just in time tongue.gif

Thank you for putting this together Pat!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Oct 3 2013, 10:57 AM
Post #90

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 1 2013, 06:39 AM) *
Heh! biggrin.gif Exactly! There's no cheating in music smile.gif Because it's not a test, nor a competition! What will they do - tell Nuno he cheated when he used a delay pedal to play 'The flight of the Bumblebee'? laugh.gif

Bu ha ha ha biggrin.gif And I was so naive and try to play all the notes with no delay...but that's no suprise - in the 90's I had no single opportunity to see extreme show anywhere (including TV)...they were only playing More Than Words over and over again smile.gif))

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 3 2013, 11:51 AM
Post #91

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 3 2013, 09:57 AM) *
Bu ha ha ha biggrin.gif And I was so naive and try to play all the notes with no delay...but that's no suprise - in the 90's I had no single opportunity to see extreme show anywhere (including TV)...they were only playing More Than Words over and over again smile.gif))

Tell me about it - the only thing that people know about that band is THAT song laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
post Oct 7 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #92

Thank you everyone for making this a great collaboration, I love listening to each of your solos and the way you express your voices through your guitar to more or less reveal a bit of yourselves to my backing track. I added the solos in the same order that you gave the files to me (I know that's a bit lazy of me). I hope you enjoy.

Pat - learn to play the guitar would ya.

bleez - great solo mate, some very good ideas in there in particular your phrasing, pretty good guitar tone, personally I would have given it a bit more mids but that is a small issue to what is essentially a very good recording. Thank you for joining.

Darius - nothing to say here really other than thank you for a beautiful solo. Thank you.

Taka - wonderful rhythmic playing, great tone and some very nice phrasing in there. Thank you.

Cael - that is a seriously warm guitar tone, in fact it was so warm I had to boost some mid highs, I hope you don't mind. Great solo, very nice phrasing and melodies. Thanks for being a part of the collab.

Monica - great solo Monica, very nice note choices again and the tone is just great. Thank you

Sam - very nice little solo there sam, some very cool melodic ideas, don't be afraid of mids though, I love a scooped sound for rhythm but a solo needs mids to cut the mix. Thanks for being a part of the collab.

Ulrik - nice sliding melodies in the solo and a good guitar tone but if I'm not mistaken you are using old strings on your guitar which can cause intonations to go out and a very "wavy" sound. I added chorus, phase, reverb and delay to your sound. Thanks for your participation in the collab.

Blister - very chilled solo, you showed great restraint and your note choices were spot on. I had to boost the signal quite significantly but made very few other changes. Thank you for your take.

Cosmin - thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule and adding your solo. Great volume swells and those bends were very tasty indeed. Thanks again

https://soundcloud.com/patrik-berg-2/gmc-student-teacher

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
post Oct 7 2013, 07:14 AM
Post #93

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 18.479

This sounds great Patrik. I really liked to hear all the takes together.You made a great job smile.gif

One things and I hope you will not mind because I tell you that. My solo it's not fix in the right place over the backing and some notes are in the wrong place and doesn't sound good smile.gif
But in the rest I don't have any complain wink.gif
I hope you will don't stop here and I hardly wait to hear a new backing from you for another collab. I will be on the list smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 7 2013, 08:42 AM
Post #94

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey Pat! Thank you for having man - tho I have the same suggestion as Monica's wink.gif My take was thought so that it would fit that particular section of the backing. Now, I know that it's hard to put all those together and keep each one in the part where it was originally meant to be, so I understand what's happening wink.gif The backing is killer and I loved to play along with it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
post Oct 7 2013, 09:45 AM
Post #95

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 7 2013, 06:14 AM) *
This sounds great Patrik. I really liked to hear all the takes together.You made a great job smile.gif

One things and I hope you will not mind because I tell you that. My solo it's not fix in the right place over the backing and some notes are in the wrong place and doesn't sound good smile.gif
But in the rest I don't have any complain wink.gif
I hope you will don't stop here and I hardly wait to hear a new backing from you for another collab. I will be on the list smile.gif

I'm very sorry about that Monica, I will try to change it and repost.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 7 2013, 07:42 AM) *
Hey Pat! Thank you for having man - tho I have the same suggestion as Monica's wink.gif My take was thought so that it would fit that particular section of the backing. Now, I know that it's hard to put all those together and keep each one in the part where it was originally meant to be, so I understand what's happening wink.gif The backing is killer and I loved to play along with it!

Sorry Cosmin, I will try to fix it and repost.

I apologise to any others that I have messed up too, I will leave this one up though until I sort it out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Oct 7 2013, 10:14 AM
Post #96

Instructor
Group Icon

It sounds really cool smile.gif Good idea to leave the mix until You fix a few solos placement in the song smile.gif Awesome collab Patrik!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
post Oct 7 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #97

Sorry to those affected by my misalignments, I've removed the previous link and corrected the backing track to the best of my ability, I should have asked everyone to start with the drums as the backing track has a very slow phaser effect which is hard to line up with itself but as I said, this is done to the best of my ability now and if there are any further misalignments then please let me know and I will see if there is anything I can do. I hope this hasn't scared anyone away from any further collaborations I might start. smile.gif

Pat

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
post Oct 7 2013, 12:50 PM
Post #98

Experienced Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Oct 7 2013, 12:24 PM) *
Sorry to those affected by my misalignments, I've removed the previous link and corrected the backing track to the best of my ability, I should have asked everyone to start with the drums as the backing track has a very slow phaser effect which is hard to line up with itself but as I said, this is done to the best of my ability now and if there are any further misalignments then please let me know and I will see if there is anything I can do. I hope this hasn't scared anyone away from any further collaborations I might start. smile.gif

Pat

Damn, that turned out really cool..... what a bunch of talented folks we are biggrin.gif
so many really nice melodies and phrasing thought that whole track.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
post Oct 7 2013, 01:04 PM
Post #99

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 18.479

Now it's perfect, everything it's fit with backing smile.gif My solo and Cosmin solo are in the right place smile.gif Thank you so much Patrik for this thing.
Don't worry, you not scared me and surely I will not miss any collab made by you with this kind of backing wink.gif It's fit perfect for my style smile.gif
I liked to be part of this collab. All solos are really great smile.gif Thank you Patrik and I wait another backing from you wink.gif

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Oct 7 2013, 01:26 PM
Post #100

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 5.298

Thanks for doing the collab, Patrik, it was a great backing track, and I took the advice and adjusted my mids a bit in my tone and think I got an even better tone now. So thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2017 - 05:00 PM