> Red Wine And Classical
Darius Wave
post Sep 5 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 17.069

I'm not a wine guy but I can make "cheers" with You while holding my beer biggrin.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 6 2013, 08:10 AM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 5 2013, 06:35 PM) *
I'm not a wine guy but I can make "cheers" with You while holding my beer biggrin.gif

I'm both a beer and wine guy - it just depends on the season and especially of the food that comes along with that drink and of course, the company - tho, there are ladies that enjoy drinking a beer as well tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Sep 6 2013, 11:05 AM
Post #23

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.298

I was at a short wine tasting course some years back, and it actually really opened my eye. A good wine is good and tastes much better than most cheap wines. I've been trying to put good wine on my christmas wish list for a few years, but people seem to ignore me. I'd be happy with a pair of socks and a good wine laugh.gif

Beer is nice though as well. tongue.gif I go to the pub once or twice a week to watch football when Tottenham play, and that's of course beer time (though usually not too much unless it's an important win).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 7 2013, 10:08 AM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 6 2013, 10:05 AM) *
I was at a short wine tasting course some years back, and it actually really opened my eye. A good wine is good and tastes much better than most cheap wines. I've been trying to put good wine on my christmas wish list for a few years, but people seem to ignore me. I'd be happy with a pair of socks and a good wine laugh.gif

Beer is nice though as well. tongue.gif I go to the pub once or twice a week to watch football when Tottenham play, and that's of course beer time (though usually not too much unless it's an important win).

Both my mom and dad are wine connoisseurs and I learned a lot from them during the years. They also taught me about molded cheese and other delicacies which I wouldn't've understood a darn thing about if it weren't for them smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Sep 7 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #25

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 7 2013, 11:08 AM) *
Both my mom and dad are wine connoisseurs and I learned a lot from them during the years. They also taught me about molded cheese and other delicacies which I wouldn't've understood a darn thing about if it weren't for them smile.gif

That's great! My dad isn't that open about trying new things. He almost won't even eat chicken and he prefers tradition Danish (boring) food. My mom is a bit more open. Now, of course I don't live at home anymore, but yeah. Generally I'll eat and drink anything though, and I always end up being darn curious when I see something new. I would love to taste some even more exotic stuff like perhaps those places where they eat grasshoppers and so on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 8 2013, 10:50 PM
Post #26

Instructor
Group Icon

Hehe, I love traveling and understanding and knowing things about the places were I go - this year I will visit Guadeloupe and next year... Japan! biggrin.gif Can't wait to visit the land I am learning so much about!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Sep 8 2013, 11:05 PM
Post #27

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 8 2013, 11:50 PM) *
Hehe, I love traveling and understanding and knowing things about the places were I go - this year I will visit Guadeloupe and next year... Japan! biggrin.gif Can't wait to visit the land I am learning so much about!

Oh, man! I'm envious! I'm able to save some money up at the moment, but I've sort of made myself a promise that if I practice consistently for a year, I'll buy myself an 8 string guitar. On the other hand I could use those money to go some place on vacation. We'll see. laugh.gif

What I like the most about going to other countries though is experiencing the people and the culture being out among the people. Sure you have to see some tourist stuff, but for me the most fun is being out and talking to people who live there etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
post Sep 9 2013, 09:07 AM
Post #28

GMC:er

Member No.: 15.024

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 9 2013, 12:05 AM) *
Oh, man! I'm envious! I'm able to save some money up at the moment, but I've sort of made myself a promise that if I practice consistently for a year, I'll buy myself an 8 string guitar.

Or you could save a bit more money and buy a Harph instead? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Sep 9 2013, 09:44 AM
Post #29

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 9 2013, 10:07 AM) *
Or you could save a bit more money and buy a Harph instead? rolleyes.gif

A friend of mine actually has one. I'm way, way envious of her!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 9 2013, 10:31 AM
Post #30

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 8 2013, 10:05 PM) *
Oh, man! I'm envious! I'm able to save some money up at the moment, but I've sort of made myself a promise that if I practice consistently for a year, I'll buy myself an 8 string guitar. On the other hand I could use those money to go some place on vacation. We'll see. laugh.gif

What I like the most about going to other countries though is experiencing the people and the culture being out among the people. Sure you have to see some tourist stuff, but for me the most fun is being out and talking to people who live there etc.

Same here mate, although, Japan attracts me from many other perspectives, which are still cultural things - their martial heritage is fascinating to me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Sep 9 2013, 10:57 AM
Post #31

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 9 2013, 11:31 AM) *
Same here mate, although, Japan attracts me from many other perspectives, which are still cultural things - their martial heritage is fascinating to me!

I've never been much into martial stuff, but I'm sure if you are there's a long line of interest things to explore and see.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 06:51 AM