> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Caelumamittendum's Technique Builder
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 8 2014, 11:38 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for the kind and inspiring words. Maybe I'll try and enter one. I can't seem to find any contests or competitions going on at the moment though.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2014, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Nothing to it mate smile.gif Just don't make it hard on yourself by letting your mind trick you into leaving the yellow brick road wink.gif

In the mean time, let's see that take biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 9 2014, 02:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
I can't really tell if this is better or not. The end is somewhat off...I find it kinda difficult coming in at the right time with that:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 10 2014, 09:59 AM
Instructor
Hey buddy smile.gif You have a good touch, but the main issue here is timing, you are either too late or too soon in a few places. My advice here, is to play against the original recording and try to get the feel of the timing. It's NOT easy. For me, playing with the orchestra, was one of the best experiences in respect to learning how to adapt to a musical context which lacks the 'normal' timing/rhythm element. NO DRUMS, no metronome. Pretty scary ain't it? I learned, by practicing at home, against the original recordings and figuring out the land marks step by step. An orchestra is known to respect the sheet music, so there's no risk of them improvising something and getting you off the hook with not respecting any land marks which you are already aware of from the original recording. Such is the case here smile.gif What do you think?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 22 2014, 11:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
I finally got started on trying my luck with Cubase again and trying to get into recording stuff. I still need to work on my guitar sound though, but it's a start, I guess. It's very inspired by your Tesseract lesson:

It's not a final take by any means, and the playing isn't all that great. Just wanted to show you.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  new_guitar_sound.mp3 ( 1.15MB ) Number of downloads: 105

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 23 2014, 09:23 AM
Instructor
Hey Ben smile.gif Glad to hear my lesson inspired you - the tone sounds a bit less present than it should and too buried in the mix, I think.

I am not too good with explaining freq. as for me everything is settled in respect to what I hear, when I am building a tone. How did you record?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 23 2014, 06:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, I know it lacks quite a few things. Was merely to get going with recording and getting used to Cubase smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 24 2014, 08:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 23 2014, 05:20 PM) *
Yeah, I know it lacks quite a few things. Was merely to get going with recording and getting used to Cubase smile.gif

Ah, so I can expect a REC take on the Tesseract lesson? tongue.gif Also, I haven't asked what are you using for the tone? For me, it's really simple as I am running away from digital devices and using my trusty AMT SS20 alongside a little nudge from the Suhr Shiba Drive as a booster smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 24 2014, 09:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm using Guitar Rig and some impulse response. I can't really get a good djent sound though. Here's another try:

Attached File  Test5.mp3 ( 1.15MB ) Number of downloads: 100

EDIT: No, wait, now the drums are too low in the mix laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 24 2014, 09:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 25 2014, 05:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 24 2014, 08:50 PM) *
I'm using Guitar Rig and some impulse response. I can't really get a good djent sound though. Here's another try:

Attached File  Test5.mp3 ( 1.15MB ) Number of downloads: 100

EDIT: No, wait, now the drums are too low in the mix laugh.gif

Hey mate - the tone is definitely better than the last try, but indeed, why not raise the drum volume and add some bass guitar - virtual or recorded - it will definitely increase the chunk in the riff biggrin.gif What do you intend to do with the tone? I mean what are you planning to record?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 25 2014, 06:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
It's so difficult finding a nice djent-ish tone that has bass, but also presence. I can't seem to get it right, but I've improved it yet again, I feel.

I'm not as such planning to record anything - not untill I have a full song, maybe based around that riff there. But besides that I'm just trying to get into the groove of recorded with some various riffs. And then just trying to get a rythm tone that I like.

Attached File  Hmmm.mp3 ( 1.15MB ) Number of downloads: 103

The annoying thing with trying to come up with a good tone is that my headphones and speakers sound SO different. What sounds good on one of them doesn't sound good on the other, it seems. But this is the closest I've come so far.

EDIT: Here's yet another try:

Attached File  Hmmm2.mp3 ( 1.15MB ) Number of downloads: 100

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 26 2014, 12:13 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 26 2014, 07:20 PM
Instructor
I think that I definitely like the first one better - it's less bassy and it has more presence smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 14 2014, 11:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sorry, I've been out of the loop a bit, but I've fallen in love with my low B string and been trying to come up with some nice djenty riffs lately. Here's one, which is kinda odd (6/8, 5/16, 6/8, 5/16, 4/4, 4/4, 3/4, 2/4, 3/16, 4/4, 5/8, 5/8). It's not very well played and it's probably a bit disconnected, but I just wrote the drums like my old drummer would play them.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  New_test.mp3 ( 937.97K ) Number of downloads: 118

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 15 2014, 03:34 PM
Instructor
Very interesting mate smile.gif

I'd add some clean arpeggios and pads to create a Tesseractish atmosphere and a bass line to batch the riff, of course. After that, I'd re-record the guitars as tight as possible, maybe even edit them to make them tight as hell!

A new song in sight maybe?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 15 2014, 03:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hah, yeah, it was inspired a bit or a lot by Tesseract, and of course it needs to be recorded tighter and with other parts. I just need to come up with them first laugh.gif

How do you come up with riffs, songs, progressions or what not? They used to simply pop into my head when I was younger, but they don't anymore. And if they do I struggle translating them to the guitar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2014, 08:32 AM
Instructor
Just like you said mate... they come and go smile.gif The thing is to catch them and record and orchestrate when they are fresh. That's all I can say.. For me it literally feels like fishing... You throw your fishing rod and let it there... do things in the mean time and when it pulls, grab it fast and get the fish! smile.gif

Of course, relaxation and fighting mental stress will open up some channels smile.gif Is there anything troubling you?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 16 2014, 03:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 16 2014, 08:32 AM) *
Just like you said mate... they come and go smile.gif The thing is to catch them and record and orchestrate when they are fresh. That's all I can say.. For me it literally feels like fishing... You throw your fishing rod and let it there... do things in the mean time and when it pulls, grab it fast and get the fish! smile.gif

Of course, relaxation and fighting mental stress will open up some channels smile.gif Is there anything troubling you?

Oh, there are a few things troubling me, but they're probably best left for a private message some time. I used to be able to channel these things into some cool music, but that doesn't seem to happen anymore. Seems I need to be more relaxed now and stress-free.

Thanks for the advice, by the way. And sorry for not having been more active for a while. It'll come back soon, I'm sure.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2014, 03:30 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif If you ever feel like talking, feel free to write me - help comes in many ways smile.gif And just talking about stuff, sometimes makes you figure out how to solve it. Also, meditation seems to be a good way of solving a lot of problems - people just tend to reject it because it seems to easy... but it's actually not. All the answers to our problems are found within ourselves.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 22 2014, 05:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 16 2014, 03:30 PM) *
Hey mate smile.gif If you ever feel like talking, feel free to write me - help comes in many ways smile.gif And just talking about stuff, sometimes makes you figure out how to solve it. Also, meditation seems to be a good way of solving a lot of problems - people just tend to reject it because it seems to easy... but it's actually not. All the answers to our problems are found within ourselves.

Hey mate, I've sent you a PM smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2014, 09:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 22 2014, 04:03 PM) *
Hey mate, I've sent you a PM smile.gif

Got it bro smile.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:15 PM