> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Caelumamittendum's Technique Builder
Caelumamittendum
post Mar 3 2014, 04:08 PM
Post #141

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.298

Hey Cosmin,

I posted yet another thread in the Student Instructor forum some days back. Next up is some alternate picking workout, I think.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Mar 3 2014, 04:14 PM
Post #142

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 3 2014, 03:08 PM) *
Hey Cosmin,

I posted yet another thread in the Student Instructor forum some days back. Next up is some alternate picking workout, I think.

Hey mate, I'll go check it out wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Mar 3 2014, 04:40 PM
Post #143

Learning Rock Star

Thanks, Cosmin. It's kinda gone a bit unnoticed, which may just mean it's not worth looking at or people might have just missed it. Some other topics might spark more of an interest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Mar 4 2014, 10:17 AM
Post #144

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 3 2014, 03:40 PM) *
Thanks, Cosmin. It's kinda gone a bit unnoticed, which may just mean it's not worth looking at or people might have just missed it. Some other topics might spark more of an interest.

Mate - that side of the forum is a bit overlooked, out of what I have noticed.. Look at the dates of the last posts in the threads there and you will see that I am right wink.gif

Might be it would be a better strategic move to post these somewhere else? Discuss it with Bogdan as well, as he is far more fit to help out with this sort of stuff smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Mar 13 2014, 10:14 AM
Post #145

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 4 2014, 10:17 AM) *
Mate - that side of the forum is a bit overlooked, out of what I have noticed.. Look at the dates of the last posts in the threads there and you will see that I am right wink.gif

Might be it would be a better strategic move to post these somewhere else? Discuss it with Bogdan as well, as he is far more fit to help out with this sort of stuff smile.gif

Completely forgot to answer this. That might be a good point actually. I'll give it a think.

I'm currently redecorating my attic room (it's like a hall with rooms for storage for people who live here), and it used to just be filled with random things and junk I never use. But I have a sofa and a table up there, so I thought: "Why not make it a place for practicing away from all the distractions?". I need some more lights though, as it's scary as hell up there now laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Mar 13 2014, 10:48 AM
Post #146

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 13 2014, 09:14 AM) *
Completely forgot to answer this. That might be a good point actually. I'll give it a think.

I'm currently redecorating my attic room (it's like a hall with rooms for storage for people who live here), and it used to just be filled with random things and junk I never use. But I have a sofa and a table up there, so I thought: "Why not make it a place for practicing away from all the distractions?". I need some more lights though, as it's scary as hell up there now laugh.gif

Ah! Exquisite! Put some time into it mate smile.gif Your meditation/practice room can work WONDERS on your mind an spirit smile.gif Post some pics and I shall give you my thoughts as well wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Mar 13 2014, 10:57 AM
Post #147

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 13 2014, 10:48 AM) *
Ah! Exquisite! Put some time into it mate smile.gif Your meditation/practice room can work WONDERS on your mind an spirit smile.gif Post some pics and I shall give you my thoughts as well wink.gif

There's not much to post yet. It needs some more lighting and maybe some painting on some walls if I can be bothered with that. Of course it isn't needed, but it might make it less scary if it was newly painted.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Mar 14 2014, 09:34 AM
Post #148

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 13 2014, 09:57 AM) *
There's not much to post yet. It needs some more lighting and maybe some painting on some walls if I can be bothered with that. Of course it isn't needed, but it might make it less scary if it was newly painted.

Ah, mate, I was referring to making up a sort of a 'then' and 'now' image project smile.gif It could motivate other folks to take care of their little musical sanctuary wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Mar 14 2014, 12:01 PM
Post #149

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 14 2014, 09:34 AM) *
Ah, mate, I was referring to making up a sort of a 'then' and 'now' image project smile.gif It could motivate other folks to take care of their little musical sanctuary wink.gif

I've started doing that here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...c=51594&hl=

Have a look smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Mar 15 2014, 11:39 AM
Post #150

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 14 2014, 11:01 AM) *
I've started doing that here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...c=51594&hl=

Have a look smile.gif

I wrote a few suggestions that I've seen put into action at a friend's house in the attic smile.gif Check it out wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Mar 15 2014, 12:03 PM
Post #151

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 15 2014, 11:39 AM) *
I wrote a few suggestions that I've seen put into action at a friend's house in the attic smile.gif Check it out wink.gif

Thanks! As I wrote in there, money is a bit of an issue at the moment, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. Untill I get some more money, I'm just trying to get whatever materials I have around the house or that I can get very cheaply.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Mar 17 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #152

Learning Rock Star

I had decided to sell one of my old guitars which is at my parents house, but I just got brilliant idea. Keep it, put some heavy gauge strings on and...DROP C tuning!

Much better idea than to sell it, right? biggrin.gif

Actually it's not so much a drop C, it's an open Cminadd9 tuning that I like: C G C Eb C D. It's really cool. You have the drop C feel at the bottom strings, but can easily get some really cool chords on the top strings, cause you get some really nice intervals.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Mar 17 2014, 03:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Mar 18 2014, 08:55 AM
Post #153

Instructor
Group Icon

This sounds like a great idea man! But tell me, is there any band or artist that is currently using that tuning? I would be very curious to hear something played in that sort of tuning, so if there aren't any, I am waiting for a first recorded idea from you, of course biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Mar 18 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #154

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 18 2014, 08:55 AM) *
This sounds like a great idea man! But tell me, is there any band or artist that is currently using that tuning? I would be very curious to hear something played in that sort of tuning, so if there aren't any, I am waiting for a first recorded idea from you, of course biggrin.gif

Not that I know of. I just stumbled upon it one day while playing around with tunings. I'll give you a little demo some time. I've got my mom visiting me for a few days, and she's...a "all over the place, have to do something all the time"-kinda person, so I'm being ordered around constantly. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Mar 18 2014, 11:43 AM
Post #155

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 18 2014, 09:25 AM) *
Not that I know of. I just stumbled upon it one day while playing around with tunings. I'll give you a little demo some time. I've got my mom visiting me for a few days, and she's...a "all over the place, have to do something all the time"-kinda person, so I'm being ordered around constantly. laugh.gif

Trust me man, I know how that feels. I live in the same building with my whole family and even if we have separate apartments, the only way I could keep my mom out of my flat would be to take her key away smile.gif Or change the lock wink.gif Whenever you feel ready wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Mar 18 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #156

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 18 2014, 11:43 AM) *
Trust me man, I know how that feels. I live in the same building with my whole family and even if we have separate apartments, the only way I could keep my mom out of my flat would be to take her key away smile.gif Or change the lock wink.gif Whenever you feel ready wink.gif

I'm not sure I could do that! Not with my mother! She'd come barging in all the time. I appreciate her, her being here, her mother-ness and all that she does and wants to do for me, but sometimes she's just being silly if you ask me. I've got a dishwasher, but still she insists that we just do the dishes in hand, "cause it's just as easy" etc. I don't mind, but then afterwards she wants to watch a movie or something tonight with me, while I really want to go to the attic to practice guitar biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Mar 19 2014, 09:11 AM
Post #157

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 18 2014, 05:31 PM) *
I'm not sure I could do that! Not with my mother! She'd come barging in all the time. I appreciate her, her being here, her mother-ness and all that she does and wants to do for me, but sometimes she's just being silly if you ask me. I've got a dishwasher, but still she insists that we just do the dishes in hand, "cause it's just as easy" etc. I don't mind, but then afterwards she wants to watch a movie or something tonight with me, while I really want to go to the attic to practice guitar biggrin.gif

I spend time with my mom and dad pretty much every day. It's cool, but up to a point. They started interfering a bit too much in my daily life and I am starting to like that less and less. Was it at least a good movie?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Mar 19 2014, 09:44 AM
Post #158

Learning Rock Star

Escape from Alcatraz. My mom liked it, so that is good, but I prefer other kinds of movies. On my phone, hence the short reply.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Mar 19 2014, 11:42 AM
Post #159

Learning Rock Star

I'm starting to lose my mind with this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...evels-beginner/

Whenever I play it, I end up playing on the wrong beat cause the drums put me off. Any advice on that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Mar 20 2014, 09:12 AM
Post #160

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 19 2014, 10:42 AM) *
I'm starting to lose my mind with this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...evels-beginner/

Whenever I play it, I end up playing on the wrong beat cause the drums put me off. Any advice on that?

Hey mate smile.gif Sure thing. Play it against the metronome and understand the length of the notes and the way in which they clash with the beat. Learn to hum the piece against the backing and against the metronome - I know you are looking at tabs - FORGET tabs. They only take your attention away from what you really should be focusing it on - the voice of your guitar and keeping it aligned with the context in which you perform smile.gif

It's all a matter of discipline smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2017 - 05:11 AM