18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Get A Personal Gmc Learning Plan, This will speed up progress and give you structure
Jeroen
post Apr 26 2014, 04:06 PM
Post #261

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.437

Hi Cosmin,

I'm working on picking hand basics. I know this is not yet good enough. But to show you my progress here's a first try out after a few hours of practice. smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Apr 27 2014, 01:20 PM
Post #262

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 26 2014, 03:06 PM) *
Hi Cosmin,

I'm working on picking hand basics. I know this is not yet good enough. But to show you my progress here's a first try out after a few hours of practice. smile.gif

Hey mate smile.gif It's all good until 0:38 - you need to slow down on those triplets and make them sound even and then on the 16th notes, please practice slowly until you can play clean, tight, even and without missing any note smile.gif Try to play/record against the original recording and you will notice the important differences, in order to be able to compare and improve smile.gif Slowing down and focusing on the details is the key here smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
srpanopticon
post Apr 27 2014, 01:52 PM
Post #263

GMC:er

Member No.: 19.716

Awesome! I'll get to work. Looking to get a user-friendly recorder to record progress and analyze, great suggestion!
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 25 2014, 03:51 PM) *
Hey mate! The opportunity is always open smile.gif

So, based on the time that you have and on what you wish to improve, I suggest we begin with one lesson/week and if everything goes along well, we can push things with maybe two/week. I have thought about the following lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/

Now, if you like the combo of legato and alternate picking, I would also like you to follow the next set of suggestions which work pretty well as a thorough routine which is meant to offer maximum insight on anything you would learn:

- understand the theoretical concepts - know what and why you are playing!
- learn the lesson structure - things will flow naturally once you know what's next when playing any piece
- learn each part and reproduce it slowly with the metronome - you will learn the lesson and become accustomed with the timing and feel
- put all the parts together and practice them against the slowest available backing track - respecting timing and phrasing will provide essential advantages when you will face the details of any piece!
- work your way up tempo with the available backing tracks

Day 1-5:

Based on the fact that you have between one and two hours a day, I think that the lesson above is pretty much a sufficient load to handle this week, so please follow the steps indicated in order to understand, learn and perform it as best as possible.

Day 6-7 - Revision (you practice the lesson, assuming you that you already know the structure and you can play it) - focus on timing, definition, clean playing, articulations and details! Recording - it's not mandatory but it can help A TON - and writing conclusions so that we may draw a line and see what have you learned out of this lesson!

Let me know what you think about all these ideas, ok?

Cosmin

Focus on Ben's lesson to begin with and we'll see afterwards, ok?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Apr 28 2014, 07:29 AM
Post #264

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (srpanopticon @ Apr 27 2014, 12:52 PM) *
Awesome! I'll get to work. Looking to get a user-friendly recorder to record progress and analyze, great suggestion!

Alright man! Keep me posted and let me know if everything goes along smoothly, ok?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Apr 28 2014, 04:27 PM
Post #265

Hi Cosmin,

Still working on some things that don't go smooth enough. Here is it against the slowest available backing track of 90 bpm. I'm getting a feel for it, but it's not 100% yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Apr 29 2014, 08:24 AM
Post #266

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 28 2014, 03:27 PM) *
Hi Cosmin,

Still working on some things that don't go smooth enough. Here is it against the slowest available backing track of 90 bpm. I'm getting a feel for it, but it's not 100% yet.

Hey mate - it's a lot better smile.gif See how well you are faring once you slow down? You should focus on getting the notes sound more even in respect to length as they are a bit shaky right now. Once you get confident with that, you can start increasing speed!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
post May 2 2014, 12:52 PM
Post #267

Hi Cosmin,

Have you seen this? http://youtu.be/CNQwhVheFa8

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post May 2 2014, 04:27 PM
Post #268

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jeroen @ May 2 2014, 11:52 AM) *
Hi Cosmin,

Have you seen this? http://youtu.be/CNQwhVheFa8

Hey mate, just noticed it and i was getting over to it, to listen and lay down a few words.

You have a lot of nice ideas here, but aside Bogdan's observations, which you should take into account, I would like you to think a bit about direction - what do I mean when I am thinking about direction?

When you build a lead line you should be able to tell a story, not just solo because you want to solo and throw a lot of ideas that aren't linked and transition smoothly from one another.

Developing direction, can be acquired in time by first playing over small portions of a track - can you build a great idea over 30 seconds of a backing? Learning the relationship between notes and chords - knowing which note produces what effect over a certain chord - some create movement some are static, some create resolution, some create tension.

Have you ever thought about things in this way? smile.gif If not, it could greatly improve your solos!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
post May 2 2014, 05:58 PM
Post #269

Thanks Cosmin, I'm learning a lot here at GMC. And I felt like shredding the hell out of El Torro as soon as I picked it up!!! smile.gif I have thought about notes and chord progression. Which notes fit the chords, but not exactly in the way you describe. Definitely something to look at, gonna put that on the agenda. But first alternate picking and then wintertune wink.gif

This post has been edited by Jeroen: May 2 2014, 06:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post May 3 2014, 11:08 AM
Post #270

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jeroen @ May 2 2014, 04:58 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin, I'm learning a lot here at GMC. And I felt like shredding the hell out of El Torro as soon as I picked it up!!! smile.gif I have thought about notes and chord progression. Which notes fit the chords, but not exactly in the way you describe. Definitely something to look at, gonna put that on the agenda. But first alternate picking and then wintertune wink.gif

Always happy to hear that you are having a nice learning experience here with us, Jeroen! It's good to know what you are doing and why you are doing it, so take a little time to analyze a progression before you start jamming - you will get A LOT out of knowing what chords are being played and figuring out what note-chord relationships are possible. How's the AP lesson going?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
post May 3 2014, 01:30 PM
Post #271

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 3 2014, 12:08 PM) *
Always happy to hear that you are having a nice learning experience here with us, Jeroen! It's good to know what you are doing and why you are doing it, so take a little time to analyze a progression before you start jamming - you will get A LOT out of knowing what chords are being played and figuring out what note-chord relationships are possible. How's the AP lesson going?

I'm practicing the AP lesson still at the lowest speed, I want to make sure that everything is in time and played correct. I'll send an update vid soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post May 4 2014, 08:33 AM
Post #272

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jeroen @ May 3 2014, 12:30 PM) *
I'm practicing the AP lesson still at the lowest speed, I want to make sure that everything is in time and played correct. I'll send an update vid soon.

Alright man smile.gif Don't forget to pay attention at playing everything as even as possible, ok? Become conscious of every rhythmic subdivision in the lesson - 8ths, 16ths, triplets and so on smile.gif If you do that, things will fall into place automatically.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
post May 23 2014, 07:57 AM
Post #273

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 4 2014, 09:33 AM) *
Alright man smile.gif Don't forget to pay attention at playing everything as even as possible, ok? Become conscious of every rhythmic subdivision in the lesson - 8ths, 16ths, triplets and so on smile.gif If you do that, things will fall into place automatically.

Thanks Cosmin. the triplets are the hardest to play in an even rhytm. I'll send you a vid of my progress.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post May 23 2014, 08:28 AM
Post #274

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jeroen @ May 23 2014, 06:57 AM) *
Thanks Cosmin. the triplets are the hardest to play in an even rhytm. I'll send you a vid of my progress.

Hehe - our brains are not too fond of odd rhythmic subdivisions, I know biggrin.gif Alright man! Please keep me posted wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
post May 27 2014, 07:16 PM
Post #275

Ok, I'm still practicing (and struggling) on my alternate picking. wink.gif

Here's an update, 90 bpm, 110 bpm and 120 bpm.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post May 30 2014, 10:36 AM
Post #276

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey mate - the one at 90 BPM is still the closest to the best thing - the others are too fast at this point.

You need to focus on the triplets, as they aren't steady and equal as note duration and also, your right hand tends to move too much. Pick with a motion as small as possible, ok?

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
post Jun 1 2014, 02:57 PM
Post #277

Member No.: 9.844

Hi Cosmin

Sorry for not being active lately. I have being quite busy lately with multiple things and also have being feeling really tired and when it comes to playing my guitar at night I just could not concentrate when trying to put some proper practice time in and found myself just not really getting anywhere.

My problem is I just don't get enough sleep.The past two nights I have only had around 8 hours sleep.I usually wake up about 4am then go to work come home and do a cardio workout.I am training for a 12mile mud/obstacle run.I think I have just burnt myself out.I also don't thing I was eating enough food so I have started to eat more and do feel a bit better.Just need to deal with the sleep problem.

I am still determined to achieve a passable take on beginner rock rhythm and also have about 4 lessons that I believe with more work put into them I can get them to a good standard smile.gif

Also I got a new guitar arriving hopefully Tuesday.Its a PRS SE Zach Myers. I will put that in the gear thread and upload some pictures when it arrives

Cheers Sean

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 2 2014, 09:47 AM
Post #278

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jun 1 2014, 01:57 PM) *
Hi Cosmin

Sorry for not being active lately. I have being quite busy lately with multiple things and also have being feeling really tired and when it comes to playing my guitar at night I just could not concentrate when trying to put some proper practice time in and found myself just not really getting anywhere.

My problem is I just don't get enough sleep.The past two nights I have only had around 8 hours sleep.I usually wake up about 4am then go to work come home and do a cardio workout.I am training for a 12mile mud/obstacle run.I think I have just burnt myself out.I also don't thing I was eating enough food so I have started to eat more and do feel a bit better.Just need to deal with the sleep problem.

I am still determined to achieve a passable take on beginner rock rhythm and also have about 4 lessons that I believe with more work put into them I can get them to a good standard smile.gif

Also I got a new guitar arriving hopefully Tuesday.Its a PRS SE Zach Myers. I will put that in the gear thread and upload some pictures when it arrives

Cheers Sean

Hey man! Please take care of yourself - sleep deprivation is definitely something you don't need!

On the other hand, the Zach Myers - wow! The new model?? That beautiful guitar? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I can't wait to see and hear it man smile.gif Let me know when you have questions on the lessons or recordings so we can move forward, ok?

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
post Jun 3 2014, 06:56 AM
Post #279

Member No.: 9.844

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 2 2014, 09:47 AM) *
Hey man! Please take care of yourself - sleep deprivation is definitely something you don't need!

On the other hand, the Zach Myers - wow! The new model?? That beautiful guitar? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I can't wait to see and hear it man smile.gif Let me know when you have questions on the lessons or recordings so we can move forward, ok?

Thanks Cosmin

My last recording I done was beginner rock rhythm playing along with the original recording.I had timing issues with the open chord section. I am working with that now with the metronome and really slowing it down to get a feel for it. I will upload two recordings this weekend of playing with the backing track and the original recording

I feel that I am getting close with this lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-2/
They are a couple of parts that I need to make more even and smooth sounding as I feel myself rushing. There is also a little trill that is pretty fast for me that I need to get up to speed also.

This is another lesson I am getting close with https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Eric_Clapton_Style/
I need to work on getting my bends to pitch.This is something I have being working a lot on recently and I certainly have seen progress made but I still have a long way to go. My control and strength in my hand is improved so much.I can practice bending for long periods of time now without my fingertips or hands getting stiff or sore. Another thing I need to work on is matching my vibrato to Laszlo in the recording.When I try to match his my vibrato seems wild and uncontrolled

I am feeling good about things and looking forward to making progress. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 3 2014, 09:27 AM
Post #280

Instructor
Group Icon

If you are enjoying this process, that's ALL that matters wink.gif You will soon find yourself progressing faster than you thought smile.gif

Let's see the videos and we'll take it from there!

--------------------

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2017 - 01:45 PM