Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another Orchestral Topic
post Sep 16 2013, 11:07 AM
Post #21

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.298

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 15 2013, 01:58 PM) *
Compositionally I liked it and it rather reminded me of Lutoslowski meets Starvinsky (if you can imagine that).

Mix wise it's ok but there are a few things to think about. I think the actual balance of some of the instruments was a little odd and resulted in some being quite some way in the background, and vice versa where you'd normally expect them as more foreward in a morec onventional orchestra. I also felt that some parts needed more articulation and individual dynamics. It also felt that a few had a different reverb then others, which for me was a little strange.

Can't be sure though as this was streamed on a laptop and I wasn't paying close attention.

(FWIW the mastering setup isn't on the internet and so we don't play streamed and compressed audio on it.)

I'll have a look at it for sure at some point, but be sure to try playing it on a non-laptop. I know when I listened to it on my girlfriend's laptop that I was thinking: "Hey, this sounds all wrong now!". Obviously not saying the mix is great at all, but laptop listening never helps laugh.gif

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2016 - 10:39 PM