2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Non-guitar Composition, Something different...
Taka Perry
post Sep 28 2013, 07:27 AM
Post #21

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 18.500

QUOTE (mad @ Sep 28 2013, 05:04 AM) *
How could I missed this one? You always surprise me with your work Taka. Really enjoyed this one!
BTW I think The Dillinger Escape Plan is using this Glitch stuff sometimes (accidentally), too..

Thank you mate smile.gif I don't know The Dillinger Escape Plan too well, are they musically compared to a band like Between the Buried and Me?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 28 2013, 09:03 AM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (mad @ Sep 27 2013, 07:04 PM) *
How could I missed this one? You always surprise me with your work Taka. Really enjoyed this one!
BTW I think The Dillinger Escape Plan is using this Glitch stuff sometimes (accidentally), too..

Love the Dillinger Escape Plan - those guys are completely nuts!

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Sep 27 2013, 09:35 AM) *
Thanks a lot smile.gif I love The Flashbulb. One of my friends recently performed that particular piece for a music assessment and it was really good. He's been a very big influence on my experimental side of my music. I think he is a very innovative guitarist.

Another group I think kind of falls in this category would be KOAN Sound. They are a bit more dupsteppy in some regards, but I do enjoy their music.

Thanks mate smile.gif There's two versions of the plugin, 2.0 and 1.3. 2.0 is the newer version, and it's about $100. The 1.3 is the version I used and it is free. I'm not too sure about the differences between the versions, but either way, I can't see myself spending $100 on an effect that I might use every now and then.

Hey, I really like that! I'd say it's more on the electronic side than my composition, but I really enjoyed the use of stuttering in the instruments.

Well, I have a crappy old Squier Strat (my first guitar).. I cringe every time I play it D:

Hey Taka - if you set it up properly and maybe change the pickups, you could create a very interesting guitar - what sort of pickup configuration does it have?

H s s maybe? Because if it is H S S, you can slap a serious humbucker in the bridge and set it up for low tuning - presto!

One of my band mates is using a VERY cheap Ibanez baritone - it was 320 bucks on eBay biggrin.gif On which he placed a Cold Sweat pickup from Bareknuckle - it sounds IN CRE DI BLE!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
post Sep 28 2013, 01:45 PM
Post #23

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 18.500

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 28 2013, 06:03 PM) *
Love the Dillinger Escape Plan - those guys are completely nuts!

Hey Taka - if you set it up properly and maybe change the pickups, you could create a very interesting guitar - what sort of pickup configuration does it have?

H s s maybe? Because if it is H S S, you can slap a serious humbucker in the bridge and set it up for low tuning - presto!

One of my band mates is using a VERY cheap Ibanez baritone - it was 320 bucks on eBay biggrin.gif On which he placed a Cold Sweat pickup from Bareknuckle - it sounds IN CRE DI BLE!

The guitar is three single coils. None of them sound any good to be honest. I could get a decent humbucker and install it in the bridge I guess. smile.gif But also there are a few tuning and intonation problems with it, I think some could be fixed, but the tuning knobs themselves are a bit mediocre... well I guess it is a mediocre guitar.

That being said, I have heard stories of people buying cheap Squiers, and basically redoing the whole thing to the point where it is comparable to nice American strats smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2017 - 09:50 AM