Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Got My Tele Back From Being Refretted!
post Oct 5 2013, 06:35 AM
Post #1

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.225

So my Tele which I've had from new since 1989 has been used and abused as my main guitar up to about 3 or 4 years ago.

1989 isn't a special year when it comes to Teles but I bought this after saving for 6 months when I started my first full time job as an electronic engineer apprentice.

I've played it week in week out everywhere from church to biker bars and rallies and gay clubs.

We've been through a lot together and whilst my Tyler Burning Water is an awesome custom made, neck carve to die for versatile, perfect guitar, the Tele is on a par with it because I know it so well.

I've upgraded pick ups in about 7 years ago to Bare Knuckle Piledrivers (Hot hot hot the Bridge is around 14K) bent up the selector switch like Danny Gatton did, I've just changed out the bridge to a 3 saddle Glendale and put rutters straight compensated 3 saddles in.

And now it has Jumbo frets just like my Tyler.

I'll post pics and some sound clips on Monday when I can spend some quality time with it.

Currently Working on

PosterBoy's Modern Riffing with Gabriel

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Oct 5 2013, 11:43 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 17.069

I imagine it could have been had decission. I know how it feels whne You have an instrument that work ok and You are afraid that someone could mess it up while refretting. It's always a risk that it's never gonna be the same smile.gif Hope Your luthier did a descent job and Your happy with Your guitar again. Honestly I'm not a maniac of "strong and weak" years of fender production. I had a kick ass Tele - Bulletfrom the 80's and it was incredible instrument with absolutely awesome tech job and wood selection. Unfortunately I had to give it away since I didn't get the money for a job as quick as it should have been transfered :/

+Quote Post
post May 7 2014, 03:56 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.758

Lets see a picture! LOVE teles

Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2016 - 08:57 AM