5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Original Compositions, lets share some our stuff !
Darius Wave
post Nov 2 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #61

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 17.069

thanx man!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Britishampfan
post Nov 3 2013, 05:02 AM
Post #62

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 18.302

I have a few things up right now, just test tracks really. I grabbed my old Guild classical guitar pressed play and this is what came out of my head. It`s not edited or mixed I added a room reverb for some depth. I am very happy that people are listening to it. It`s a single track most people think it`s two tracks or two guitars. nope

Borders was written in my head months earlier while I was living in northern Minnesota and working up there. One evening I was fishing and looking across the lake into Canada in the expansive wilderness, It looks the same across the lake as here, no lines, no tanks, no infantry guarding that invisible border. I thought about the borders I set up in my mind, I thought about all the senseless killing over borders. Are there not humans like me across that border? The song is about peace and tearing down borders between people, cultures and the ones we create in our own minds. I am happy that the song is listened to in over 40 countries around the world. I tried to capture that feeling of the wild and peace, the tempo I was trying to set is one of rolling waves across that lake.

I hope to refine and record the final way better and keep the spirit that was intended.

https://soundcloud.com/britishampfan/acoustic-guitar

When I just got logic pro I did a test track, miced up a Marshall and through down a drum loop and recorded the first guitar track and improvised the second added bass at the end. Spent no time on it just recorded the tracks. One shot and done.

Unedited and mixed played with space designer for the first time. I like it.

https://soundcloud.com/britishampfan/marshall-test-mix-unmastered

My other tracks are just basic band test recordings that I liked, very basic and the bleed was so bad it was un-mixable but yeah I play in a R and R cover band and we do covers our own way.

This post has been edited by Britishampfan: Nov 3 2013, 06:15 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 3 2013, 08:16 AM
Post #63

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Britishampfan @ Nov 3 2013, 04:02 AM) *
I have a few things up right now, just test tracks really. I grabbed my old Guild classical guitar pressed play and this is what came out of my head. It`s not edited or mixed I added a room reverb for some depth. I am very happy that people are listening to it. It`s a single track most people think it`s two tracks or two guitars. nope

Borders was written in my head months earlier while I was living in northern Minnesota and working up there. One evening I was fishing and looking across the lake into Canada in the expansive wilderness, It looks the same across the lake as here, no lines, no tanks, no infantry guarding that invisible border. I thought about the borders I set up in my mind, I thought about all the senseless killing over borders. Are there not humans like me across that border? The song is about peace and tearing down borders between people, cultures and the ones we create in our own minds. I am happy that the song is listened to in over 40 countries around the world. I tried to capture that feeling of the wild and peace, the tempo I was trying to set is one of rolling waves across that lake.

I hope to refine and record the final way better and keep the spirit that was intended.

https://soundcloud.com/britishampfan/acoustic-guitar

When I just got logic pro I did a test track, miced up a Marshall and through down a drum loop and recorded the first guitar track and improvised the second added bass at the end. Spent no time on it just recorded the tracks. One shot and done.

Unedited and mixed played with space designer for the first time. I like it.

https://soundcloud.com/britishampfan/marshall-test-mix-unmastered

My other tracks are just basic band test recordings that I liked, very basic and the bleed was so bad it was un-mixable but yeah I play in a R and R cover band and we do covers our own way.

Borders will be in my player a long time now smile.gif I love it and it made me visualize the setting you have described so well! Great work man!!

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Nov 2 2013, 12:54 PM) *
Most of Your fusion stuff reminds me a lot of fusion stuff from the end opf the 90's...which is probably one of my favourite time period for this style smile.gif

This is one of my very first originals...unfoirtunately not all people understand the idea of making variations for the theme like visual modification in cabinet mirrors.

And Yes - there is no chord plugged in because I just made a video for the song that was created part by part for quite some time. I started my own work very late...I was used to make arranges / music for all the bands I play in. That was something new.

Great work Darius! Melodic, technical - you name it biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Britishampfan
post Nov 3 2013, 03:57 PM
Post #64

Thank you Cosmin, now my producer says I really like what your doing now if we can shorten that to 3 minutes and forty seconds.... I`m like no way......the feeling will be gone.....ok then lets shoot for six minutes first and go from there...hahaha

I will have to arrange and pick out what I like about that track and borrow some really expensive microphones to record that guitar properly.

Maybe the title Borders Lost and Undiscovered has other meanings too, ha ha

I always write music in my head and then when I have the chance in my studio it all pours out in big blocks for later arrangement and refinement.

I like hearing my breathing on that track, it drove me nuts on how to get rid of it in the studio but there is a human factor in all this. I will have to breathe in time on the final. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Britishampfan: Nov 3 2013, 04:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
verciazghra
post Nov 3 2013, 06:31 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 18.475

https://soundcloud.com/vercia/nebulaeic-symphatic-pulses0

Another almost finished one. Enjoy

This post has been edited by verciazghra: Nov 3 2013, 06:34 PM

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 3 2013, 11:48 PM
Post #66

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Britishampfan @ Nov 3 2013, 02:57 PM) *
Thank you Cosmin, now my producer says I really like what your doing now if we can shorten that to 3 minutes and forty seconds.... I`m like no way......the feeling will be gone.....ok then lets shoot for six minutes first and go from there...hahaha

I will have to arrange and pick out what I like about that track and borrow some really expensive microphones to record that guitar properly.

Maybe the title Borders Lost and Undiscovered has other meanings too, ha ha

I always write music in my head and then when I have the chance in my studio it all pours out in big blocks for later arrangement and refinement.

I like hearing my breathing on that track, it drove me nuts on how to get rid of it in the studio but there is a human factor in all this. I will have to breathe in time on the final. smile.gif

Do you work with a producer? biggrin.gif Tell us more about the experience smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Britishampfan
post Nov 5 2013, 11:25 PM
Post #67

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 3 2013, 10:48 PM) *
Do you work with a producer? biggrin.gif Tell us more about the experience smile.gif

haha boring smile.gif he says no a lot and when are you going to finish.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
post Nov 6 2013, 01:19 AM
Post #68

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 18.014

http://soundcloud.com/jim-seekford-music/dr-2-4-intro

Here is one of my most genuine recordings. One day I'd like to finish this : )

http://soundcloud.com/jim-seekford-music/dr-2-4-intro/s-FwceL

This post has been edited by Jim Seekford: Nov 6 2013, 01:22 AM

+Quote Post
verciazghra
post Nov 7 2013, 01:22 AM
Post #69

QUOTE (Jim Seekford @ Nov 6 2013, 01:19 AM) *

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 7 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #70

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (verciazghra @ Nov 7 2013, 12:22 AM) *
Sounding nice jim.

Here's the latest thing I've done not 100% but at least 70%.

(It's for a video game.)

https://soundcloud.com/vercia/careful-consideration-test0-1

This sounds close to something 2D possibly Legend of Zelda flavored? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Nov 7 2013, 04:28 PM
Post #71

Instructor
Group Icon

Some good and really musical ideas in Your playing Jim. I wish You luck with getting those things finished and being able to show us finall result smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
post Nov 7 2013, 04:48 PM
Post #72

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 18.014

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Nov 7 2013, 11:28 AM) *
Some good and really musical ideas in Your playing Jim. I wish You luck with getting those things finished and being able to show us finall result smile.gif

Thanks man, over the next year of so I plan to work on writing drums and adding bass parts to my songs. It seems very hard to find other players just online to write tunes so Ill just need to do it myself for the time being. Sometimes I wish there was an extra day of the week, an 8th day just for music!

QUOTE (verciazghra @ Nov 6 2013, 08:22 PM) *
Sounding nice jim.

Here's the latest thing I've done not 100% but at least 70%.

(It's for a video game.)

https://soundcloud.com/vercia/careful-consideration-test0-1

Thank you, I checked out some of your soundcloud music and I have to say I really enjoy it. Specifically your timing with the drums and guitars. I'm happy to hear more of your music!

+Quote Post
verciazghra
post Nov 7 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #73

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 7 2013, 12:56 PM) *
This sounds close to something 2D possibly Legend of Zelda flavored? biggrin.gif

Hehe yea, it's definately going to be a 2D game. Can't say too much but it's a high-speed puzzle arcade game. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 8 2013, 08:58 AM
Post #74

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (verciazghra @ Nov 7 2013, 06:54 PM) *
Hehe yea, it's definately going to be a 2D game. Can't say too much but it's a high-speed puzzle arcade game. smile.gif

Who's programming it? You? biggrin.gif I wouldn't be surprised if you knew programming as well tongue.gif But these 2D games are my favorite ones, still, after all those years... Call me a nostalgic, but that's how it goes smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
verciazghra
post Nov 8 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #75

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 8 2013, 08:58 AM) *
Who's programming it? You? biggrin.gif I wouldn't be surprised if you knew programming as well tongue.gif But these 2D games are my favorite ones, still, after all those years... Call me a nostalgic, but that's how it goes smile.gif

I only know a little bit of programming, a friend of mine asked me to help out with music(he's a programmer) for one of his projects tho and I ended up making a couple of pieces(including this one). I might be doing some of the graphics for it. It's still my favorite ones as well, especially soundwise. Graphics back then were so charming in a sense, and I think their main artist will capture some of that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 9 2013, 09:06 AM
Post #76

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (verciazghra @ Nov 8 2013, 06:09 PM) *
I only know a little bit of programming, a friend of mine asked me to help out with music(he's a programmer) for one of his projects tho and I ended up making a couple of pieces(including this one). I might be doing some of the graphics for it. It's still my favorite ones as well, especially soundwise. Graphics back then were so charming in a sense, and I think their main artist will capture some of that.

Pinpointed! The graphics were absolutely charming and that's one of the things that keeps my heart close to this sort of a game smile.gif I gave up gaming in 2002, I think... But if there was a game that I would like to play now, for the old times sake, it would surely be something 2D biggrin.gif Are you a graphic designer?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Nov 9 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #77

Instructor
Group Icon

It's called demo but the composition is original...made specially for the demo purpose - that's what I usually do smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Nov 9 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #78

Member No.: 17.304

Just the music, not the lyrics.
First 4 bars are not tight ... it's always bugged me.

https://soundcloud.com/klasaine2/in-to-the-rising

This post has been edited by klasaine: Nov 9 2013, 11:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Nov 10 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #79

Instructor
Group Icon

Nice rhythmic ideas but I get the main problem - riffs like those always need a very tight and focused playing - this mean some advanced analysis of every single movement - usually most often right hand problem tongue.gif But I like this weird mood biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 10 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #80

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (klasaine @ Nov 9 2013, 10:44 PM) *
Just the music, not the lyrics.
First 4 bars are not tight ... it's always bugged me.

https://soundcloud.com/klasaine2/in-to-the-rising

Nice ideas Ken! I am not a fan of the vocals here either, but the guitar work in the beginning riff is definitely cool!

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th March 2017 - 01:08 PM