Private Lesson With Joe!
Sensible Jones
Oct 25 2013, 02:59 PM
GMC:er
Enjoy!!
smile.gif smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 25 2013, 04:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
WOW! Haven't seen it completely but it looks awesome. Thanks for sharing, priceless.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 25 2013, 04:23 PM
Instructor
Brilliant video - watched it all !! Thanks for sharing Captain ! smile.gif

Joe says some brilliant things in this video, which I've tried to say many times but Joe is more eloquent at it.. about vibrato, picking etc..

What Joe says about picking is really interesting, from 33:30 onwards.

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 28 2013, 09:13 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 25 2013, 03:23 PM) *
What Joe says about picking is really interesting, from 33:30 onwards.

indeed it is.
The guy done well to play stuff with Joe watching so intently, I dont think my fingers would allow me to play guitar in front of joe satriani blink.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 28 2013, 09:55 AM
Instructor
Great share! I will bookmark it to watch and listen in complete silence! biggrin.gif Thank you!!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 28 2013, 10:56 AM
Instructor
Very interesting stuff! Bleez - true story smile.gif There was a gig once (don't remember who exactly played but it was absolute first league) an the artist ask if there are any guitar players at the hall....Believe me - no one raised his hand, even though there was most of Polish top notch players out there smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 28 2013, 12:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 28 2013, 09:13 AM) *
indeed it is.
The guy done well to play stuff with Joe watching so intently, I dont think my fingers would allow me to play guitar in front of joe satriani blink.gif

Absolutely... imagine having to play Joe's own licks in front of him !! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 28 2013, 04:15 PM
Instructor
Bookmarked for watching 100% concentrated later. Thanks a lot for sharing!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 29 2013, 04:21 PM
Glad you all enjoyed it!
I think he makes so many good points through the whole thing, especially the part about picking technique as Ben mentioned.
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 30 2013, 12:45 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Great lesson! A lot of good points to take from Joe here. Thanks for sharing this! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 30 2013, 01:24 AM
That might be the best 'single' lesson ever given.
Tons of great musical as well as technical advice.

JS is probably the only shred guy that I can listen to for a whole albums worth of stuff. I've always found him to be for lack of a better word 'groovier' and at the same time more of an actual improvisor than so many of the others in the genre.
In the first 10 minutes of the lesson he mentions laying back the time - don't get off the note so quick and that he took some lessons with Lennie Tristano ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lennie_Tristano

I really like how talks about having an opinion about certain sounds/scales/chords - when would 'you' use them.
(Has he got a Tele neck pickup in that JS model?)

This post has been edited by klasaine: Oct 30 2013, 03:41 AM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 30 2013, 01:34 AM
No worries DG!!
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 30 2013, 07:09 PM
Instructor
This weekend I will watch it too and get to comment with you guys. Didn't have the time yet, but it seems like it's filled with great stuff. I don't want to sacrifice it and watch on the run smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:18 AM