Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maybe Tomorrow Acoustic Cover, Played be me
coffeeman
post Oct 26 2013, 02:33 AM
Post #1

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.793

It's been a while since I did the last acoustic cover, and Cosimin asked me if I had done any, so I decided to stay on a friday night and play some acoustic guitar. Any comments and of course critics are more than welcome

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 26 2013, 08:10 AM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

Hey mate! Great rendition! I really like the raspy tone in your voice biggrin.gif It suits the song really well! How about trying an Audioslave or Soundgarden tune? I think your voice would do justice to one of those as well wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
post Oct 26 2013, 01:39 PM
Post #3

Experienced Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 26 2013, 02:10 AM) *
Hey mate! Great rendition! I really like the raspy tone in your voice biggrin.gif It suits the song really well! How about trying an Audioslave or Soundgarden tune? I think your voice would do justice to one of those as well wink.gif

Thanks a lot my friend. I'd love to do a Chris Cornell cover, but he's so dam good, that I feel like I would ruin his songs instead of making a rendition, and he's one of my favorite artists ever.. There's a cover from Billie Jean that is amazing but I don't know , I don't feel that confident yet.

I'm working on this songs right now:

But I receive suggestions of course. What acoustic songs are your working on? Maybe we can make a thread to work on acoustic singing covers to work on, uplaod our versions and of course to know which other GMC'res sing too. What do you think?

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 26 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Hey Coffeeman! Congratulations on this cover! It sounds very good. I can notice a big improvement in your singing. You are singing on pitch all the time and your voice sounds cool! I also agree with Cosmin about trying something by Cornell!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Oct 26 2013, 08:17 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17.069

Hey Coffe! smile.gif Really nice smile.gif Your voice tone is very nice for that kind of playing as well smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
post Oct 26 2013, 10:53 PM
Post #6

Experienced Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 26 2013, 01:07 PM) *
Hey Coffeeman! Congratulations on this cover! It sounds very good. I can notice a big improvement in your singing. You are singing on pitch all the time and your voice sounds cool! I also agree with Cosmin about trying something by Cornell!

Thanks a lot Gab, I'm still struggling with resonance and staying in pitch but I guess I'm making progress. I'll search for a nice Cornell song and I'll upload it. Thanks for the encouragement.

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 26 2013, 02:17 PM) *
Hey Coffe! smile.gif Really nice smile.gif Your voice tone is very nice for that kind of playing as well smile.gif

Thanks a lot my friend! I realle appreciate your words.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 27 2013, 03:15 PM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 26 2013, 12:39 PM) *
Thanks a lot my friend. I'd love to do a Chris Cornell cover, but he's so dam good, that I feel like I would ruin his songs instead of making a rendition, and he's one of my favorite artists ever.. There's a cover from Billie Jean that is amazing but I don't know , I don't feel that confident yet.

I'm working on this songs right now:

But I receive suggestions of course. What acoustic songs are your working on? Maybe we can make a thread to work on acoustic singing covers to work on, uplaod our versions and of course to know which other GMC'res sing too. What do you think?

To name a few that are almost ready:

- 3 Libras by A perfect Circle
- Cemetery Gates by Pantera
- Dig by Incubus

It is a great idea and I'd like to see where it would go biggrin.gif How do these sound? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 27 2013, 03:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
post Oct 28 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #8

Experienced Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 27 2013, 09:15 AM) *
To name a few that are almost ready:

- 3 Libras by A perfect Circle
- Cemetery Gates by Pantera
- Dig by Incubus

It is a great idea and I'd like to see where it would go biggrin.gif How do these sound? smile.gif

A perfect Circle is incredible Iove it as well as Tool and that song suits perfect for an acoustic cover, the Incubus one has a very nice vocal work so I'm looking forward to listen to your cover. Cementary gates will be a very nice experiment, I always like to hear those heavy songs played in acoustic.

Following your suggestion I picked a song from Cornell to give it a try an I started practicing it, it's going to be "Fell on black days" , I'll let you know about my progress.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 29 2013, 08:41 AM
Post #9

Instructor
Group Icon

Alright, I will start with the APC song smile.gif It's the one I know best in respect to the idea of singing and playing biggrin.gif Stay tuned!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2017 - 09:48 AM