Nice Strat Setup Video, For floating performance
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 4 2013, 04:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
I came across this guys' videos a while back and was just looking at it again as I'm setting up my strat with new strings (as well as my Schecter), and I thought it was worth sharing.

I love his accent as well laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Nov 5 2013, 04:36 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Ah Frudua.com! I have seen many of this guys video's, good stuff man. Although I did have to disagree with one of them where he said there was no need to stretch out your strings when putting on new ones. That has never been the case for me, no matter how I put them on , I always have to stretch them out if I want them to stay in tune. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 5 2013, 09:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Nov 5 2013, 04:36 AM) *
Ah Frudua.com! I have seen many of this guys video's, good stuff man. Although I did have to disagree with one of them where he said there was no need to stretch out your strings when putting on new ones. That has never been the case for me, no matter how I put them on , I always have to stretch them out if I want them to stay in tune. wink.gif

Well spotted AK! I also do not agree with it unless somebody plays really soft. I made myself a period of fighting with every possible tips about strat set-up (including trem) and on every guitar I see many similar issues - one of those were that ALWAYS strings had to be well stretched before playing,so You could trust that using whammy bar will not destroy the tuning. Also the way I tuned the guitars with strat types tremolos were different.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Nov 13 2013, 08:30 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Nov 5 2013, 12:45 AM) *
Well spotted AK! I also do not agree with it unless somebody plays really soft. I made myself a period of fighting with every possible tips about strat set-up (including trem) and on every guitar I see many similar issues - one of those were that ALWAYS strings had to be well stretched before playing,so You could trust that using whammy bar will not destroy the tuning. Also the way I tuned the guitars with strat types tremolos were different.

Yeah man, I am sure the guys is very skilled at working on, setting up. and possibly even building stringed instruments . But I have to wonder if he actually plays one after hearing him say what he did about not having to stretch a new set of strings. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 14 2013, 12:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Nov 13 2013, 08:30 PM) *
Yeah man, I am sure the guys is very skilled at working on, setting up. and possibly even building stringed instruments . But I have to wonder if he actually plays one after hearing him say what he did about not having to stretch a new set of strings. smile.gif

that's true...maybe just the type of c majof F major Gmajor...done tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 14 2013, 12:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
It worked great for my strat, mind you, but my strings were probably stretched enough first. He has some other set up videos which are quite nice and easy to follow too though.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Nov 14 2013, 12:53 AM
GMC:er
That was interesting..I remember that when I hard tailed my Fender strat I think had to alter the truss rod slightly to compensate..although I cant remember exactly. I now want at least one guitar with a tremelo so I will try and de hard tail the strat again with this video. I wonder if I will alter the truss back? huh.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 15 2013, 07:22 PM
Instructor
bridge angle changes the strings height too so You can either tweak the saddles height or truss rod adjustment. It's natural. But as for the G-string I still didn't found that "magic factor" responsible for this. Believe me - I do have a guitar service as well and I can understand that some people doesn't even do much and it works in their guitars.But what's funny. I talk about two the same models I had in my service in a quite short time period.

I'm also afraid sometimes we could not understand each other so well without an opportunity to take our guitars in our hands to compare.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:57 PM