Cool Facts About Romania
Ben Higgins
Nov 7 2013, 12:00 PM
Instructor
Just found this small article listing 12 interesting points about Romania, home of our very own Cosmin !

http://travelaway.me/things-you-didnt-know-about-romania/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 7 2013, 12:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Interesting article. That sculpture is a bit mad, statues kinda creep me out.
Although, the article left out Vampires and a totally haunted forest wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Nov 7 2013, 12:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
On that last picture, I had to zoom in to realize it was a normal sized person walking on the trail and not a small person walking on the rail. wink.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Nov 7 2013, 01:27 PM
GMC:er
We had a show here in the US called Ghost Adventures, for Halloween they went to Romania.

They mentioned a bit about "Dracula". I was surprised they tried to do a history lesson about Vlad Tepes instead, kind of how he was a tyrant but people loved him early on till things changed and they imprisoned him. Which they showed where he was buried, the cell he was thrown into to die, and so much more.

They visited Targoviste Castle, Hoia-Baciu Forest and Hunedoara Castle for the investigation of is it haunted, picked up some bits and pieces of evidence that it is, so they claim. Visited the Comana Monastery as well to learn about his resting place and some other lore.

I must say pictures don't do these places any justice. For being run-down and as old as they are, they still look beautiful.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 7 2013, 01:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Nov 7 2013, 12:27 PM) *
We had a show here in the US called Ghost Adventures, for Halloween they went to Romania.

They mentioned a bit about "Dracula". I was surprised they tried to do a history lesson about Vlad Tepes instead, kind of how he was a tyrant but people loved him early on till things changed and they imprisoned him. Which they showed where he was buried, the cell he was thrown into to die, and so much more.

They visited Targoviste Castle, Hoia-Baciu Forest and Hunedoara Castle for the investigation of is it haunted, picked up some bits and pieces of evidence that it is, so they claim. Visited the Comana Monastery as well to learn about his resting place and some other lore.

I must say pictures don't do these places any justice. For being run-down and as old as they are, they still look beautiful.

Im trying to convince Cosmin and Monica to go to the Hoia-Baciu Forest on my behalf smile.gif
The TV show Destination Truth done 2 episodes there, I'd love to visit that place.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 7 2013, 02:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 7 2013, 12:42 PM) *
Im trying to convince Cosmin and Monica to go to the Hoia-Baciu Forest on my behalf smile.gif
The TV show Destination Truth done 2 episodes there, I'd love to visit that place.

Ha,ha, ha laugh.gif laugh.gif ......I will talk with Cosmin and I will propose to go together in Hoia-Baciu Forest and make a video chat live. If we gonna die you guys will see smile.gif We will try to learn some ghosts to play at guitar wink.gif
But how can we go in the forest without you Bleez? smile.gif We are very friendly people and we like to share with other people, mostly when it's about ghost and vampires biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Nov 7 2013, 02:03 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 7 2013, 03:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 7 2013, 12:44 PM) *
Interesting article. That sculpture is a bit mad, statues kinda creep me out.
Although, the article left out Vampires and a totally haunted forest wink.gif

I love that scultpure ! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Nov 7 2013, 01:27 PM) *

Yeah, the Carpathian region looks amazing.. no wonder it's inspired so many people who are into Gothic horror and the like !

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 7 2013, 07:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Nov 7 2013, 01:03 PM) *
But how can we go in the forest without you Bleez? smile.gif We are very friendly people and we like to share with other people, mostly when it's about ghost and vampires biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif If I could get there I totally would! It would be great to hit all the famous and creepy places in Romania.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 10 2013, 03:00 PM
Instructor
Ha! You guys! biggrin.gif This country dwells on legends and folklore smile.gif And there are some places that look so magical that you would believe they are depicted from a dream! Also, there are other scary places, such as some high mountain lakes which are said to swallow people...

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 10 2013, 03:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 10 2013, 02:00 PM) *
Ha! You guys! biggrin.gif This country dwells on legends and folklore smile.gif And there are some places that look so magical that you would believe they are depicted from a dream! Also, there are other scary places, such as some high mountain lakes which are said to swallow people...

That is one beautiful country !

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:42 AM