Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Early Stages Of A Song
enlo22
post Nov 10 2013, 05:20 AM
Post #1

Learning Guitar Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.670

I just started this about 2 days ago, and I finally got some inspiration to start making more music again instead of just practicing technique, maybe it's cause it's fall so it's dark and colder haha, anyways just wanted to hear you guys opinions/input. i'm trying to create more of an atmosphere instead of my typical songs, something somewhat My dying bride/ old Katatonia style with my own touch!

https://soundcloud.com/enlo22/unsettled

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 10 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

Katatonia is always good for an influence - I like the composition mate!

It definitely takes my mind to a wintery chilled place... Now, a bass line would do it justice!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
post Nov 10 2013, 04:12 PM
Post #3

Learning Guitar Lord

Member No.: 15.794

I think this is really very good stuff. Please put in some bass line and finish the composition. I am looking forward to hearing more !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
enlo22
post Nov 11 2013, 02:39 AM
Post #4

Learning Guitar Hero

QUOTE (Opetholic @ Nov 10 2013, 03:12 PM) *
I think this is really very good stuff. Please put in some bass line and finish the composition. I am looking forward to hearing more !!

thank you man, i will deff upload a finished version1

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 10 2013, 03:04 PM) *
Katatonia is always good for an influence - I like the composition mate!

It definitely takes my mind to a wintery chilled place... Now, a bass line would do it justice!

thanks! yes that's the goal a dark place haha, as for bass I don't have one and the midi one i'm terrible at using, btw, do you know of a cheap bass that would do justice for now?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 11 2013, 09:36 AM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (enlo22 @ Nov 11 2013, 01:39 AM) *
thank you man, i will deff upload a finished version1

thanks! yes that's the goal a dark place haha, as for bass I don't have one and the midi one i'm terrible at using, btw, do you know of a cheap bass that would do justice for now?

Hey mate smile.gif Try the midi one at first, to get yourself acquainted with the idea of bass lines conception - try it on this demo and let's see what you come up with first. Second, what budget are you willing to spend on a bass guitar? In order to recommend something, I would need to know what sorta cash you're willing to throw in and how many strings it should have - Bogdan would always be of help with a genuine recommendation here!

--------------------

+Quote Post
enlo22
post Nov 12 2013, 05:19 PM
Post #6

Learning Guitar Hero

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 11 2013, 08:36 AM) *
Hey mate smile.gif Try the midi one at first, to get yourself acquainted with the idea of bass lines conception - try it on this demo and let's see what you come up with first. Second, what budget are you willing to spend on a bass guitar? In order to recommend something, I would need to know what sorta cash you're willing to throw in and how many strings it should have - Bogdan would always be of help with a genuine recommendation here!

I will deff give it a try, and eventually when i save up i will get a bass smile.gif i'm still working on the composition and ending! as for scales which scales would be good for the a chord progression of Em,B,C,G ? and if i'm using those are powe chords is the B major or Minor or dim?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Nov 12 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Hi mate! I really enjoyed listening three times to your tune. I'm used to those type of bands and I can say that you really captured the atmospheres of them. I think that the tune is very promising!

QUOTE (enlo22 @ Nov 12 2013, 01:19 PM) *
I will deff give it a try, and eventually when i save up i will get a bass smile.gif i'm still working on the composition and ending! as for scales which scales would be good for the a chord progression of Em,B,C,G ? and if i'm using those are powe chords is the B major or Minor or dim?

For that progression I would use E minor scale excepting over B major where you should play E harmonic minor. If you just use power chords you can avoid using the harmonic minor to make the B feel like minor or use it if you want to make it feel like major. Experiment with both options and you will really hear what I'm talking about.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 13 2013, 12:22 PM
Post #8

Instructor
Group Icon

The right advice from Gabe wink.gif Experiment with both possibilities and see what you get. Wouldn't hurt to place the recordings here so that we may see them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2017 - 11:43 AM