> Jstcrn - Wellcome To The World Of Plug-ins
jstcrsn
post Jan 12 2014, 02:46 AM
Post #61

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.733

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jan 4 2014, 07:01 PM) *
No problem. Your guitar tone is now very close to what we expect so We could work a bit on whole mixing process. I can suggest to go through elno adn sammetal92 threads in my section. They already describe some important basic. No need to copy but ofcourse I will answer any single question wink.gif
finally here they are, there are no effects on anything, 2 guitars -panned center the other track- well you know
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Jan 12 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #62

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 17.069

Nice tone! I like it. It's well balanced, it has some breath as well. But...You need to pan those guitars. If both are in center they sound like a phase issue. If You pan the left / right You will get extra air in the mix.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
post Mar 25 2014, 08:23 PM
Post #63

GMC:er

Member No.: 4.733

finally found the time and had my fingers workin
Please hold your comments and give me time to read some other mixing threads to see if I can figure out my next steps
Attached File  rock_you_like_a_hurricane_intro_lead.mp3 ( 639.18K ) Number of downloads: 43

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Mar 26 2014, 12:34 PM
Post #64

Instructor
Group Icon

I've listened to the mix and have my thoughts on what to fix. But will keep them secret until You'll write me what Do You think needs a fix smile.gif That's a good way of education smile.gif Waiting for Your pointed tweaks list smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
capasso2
post Mar 29 2014, 10:58 AM
Post #65

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 19.493

Hey Darius, i'm using a Macbook from about 2011. It has Garage band on it, but i've never much cared for it. Any advice on good software for Macs? I don't have an interface either, i'm basically starting from scratch with my laptop. 1/4 to 1/8 inch adaptor at first, until i decide i'm ready to invest in an interface.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Apr 1 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #66

Instructor
Group Icon

I'm afraid I'm not a good support for Mac users but some of GMC friends are working on Mac's and they could give You some descent feedback. I can only tell by far that external audio interface is sort of essential - mainly because of latency issues and highest possible sample rate

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2017 - 09:26 AM