Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Overloud Having A Black Friday Sale
PosterBoy
post Nov 28 2013, 03:50 PM
Post #1

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.225

I know Todd is a huge fan of Overloud TH2, I downloaded the demo the other day and so far it's my favourite software modeller, though I didn't get enough time to spend with Scuffham S-gear to make an opinion on that.

Anyway they are having some sort of sale tomorrow. So I may pick up either TH2 or TH1 (I'm not in a position to spend much) for those times I want to practice at home and have left my Axe Fx at church

--------------------
My SoundCloud

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Ibanez Rg770FM
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Nov 28 2013, 05:58 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 17.069

Presonus got some "black friday deal" too smile.gif

http://www.presonus.com/community/blog/ind...r-us-customers/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Nov 28 2013, 06:16 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Nice, I still have to try this one. I like Todd's patches.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Nov 28 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #4

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

If you can swing it I'd say get TH2 just for the wads of extra bits that come in it, but if it's a pinch pricey even with the discount, then grab TH1 which is still one of my fav modelers ever. I used TH1 exclusively for about a year straight until I strated noticing students here had picked up TH2 so I switched to that.

TH1 is MUCH more simple in terms of dialing in a good patch. That's why I used it myself. Really quick to dial in a good patch as the primary amp is your best bet. I've got a thread FULL of Th1 patches and all my lessons from that period have a new patch each session in the notes.

TH2 is MUCH more complicated and can overwhelm with all the various options, wads of amps/cabs/mics/pedals/outboard gear etc. By the same token, it's more flexible in that you have just much more gear to pick from. I"ve got a full thread of TH2 patches on my personal board and I"ve been putting up two sets of patches each weekend in my lesson notes smile.gif

I've tried every modeller I can get my hands on and each has it's strength. (E.g. Scuffham still rules IMHO for clean/mid gain stuff)
but so far no other package can compete sonically IMHO for pure, raw, high gain terror, with OVERLOUD. I"d put it toe to toe with anything. Even a real amp smile.gif For home recording high gain stuff, I have yet to hear a better plugin.

Todd

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 28 2013, 09:50 AM) *
I know Todd is a huge fan of Overloud TH2, I downloaded the demo the other day and so far it's my favourite software modeller, though I didn't get enough time to spend with Scuffham S-gear to make an opinion on that.

Anyway they are having some sort of sale tomorrow. So I may pick up either TH2 or TH1 (I'm not in a position to spend much) for those times I want to practice at home and have left my Axe Fx at church

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2018 - 11:33 AM